Narrow Escape (Pit Bull)

-
when out walking my furbabies i have more issues with the loving golden retrievers barking and lunging towards my pups who are walking next to us minding their own business then just about any other dogs/people...

Last edited:
That lil 11 pound bischon shitzu is the one who keeps those boys in their place. She runs the house.

3E53E924-F353-4FBD-BDCB-0947D7DB8C9E.jpeg

DAF82C94-5F2B-475F-B6C8-6B33C880C1C4.jpeg

27BF8BC6-66D6-483E-9B2A-0D0BB5EAFF95.jpeg

our guys have been heavily socialized since h day we got them.. makes a big difference in behavior in my opinion.. we take them to the city, take them into the dog friendly stores, take them camping with us...etc.. they also know their place in the pack.. which is below the humans.. :)

GIPI7708.JPG

IMG_6410.JPG

IMG_7458.JPG

IMG_7461.JPG

IMG_7514.JPG

I love our Blue Nose American Staffordshire Terrier aka American pit bull/nanny dog and our Golden retriever. He’s pure bred and is a very loving family dog. That being said he can be very territorial and aggressive towards unknown dogs and people. We keep the dogs secured in our yard when we are home and locked in the house when we are gone. It’s too scary/risky to leave them unattended in the yard because they may try to escape for whatever reason. At that point anything can happen and I’m ultimately responsible. Bottom line that’s the risk of having a dog. Any dog. It’s best to have a good education (books by experts) about each individual breed, especially pitties, so you can be the best pet owner possible.

Boomer!!

7788D072-6633-487A-B0AB-037CE31E1824.jpeg

It’s too scary/risky to leave them unattended in the yard because they may try to escape for whatever reason.

like ya said i'd be scared of that with any type of dog. i'd hate for them to get hit by a car. in th epast we had a couple of huskys.. boy that male was an escape artist..

to be honest i'm more worried about some crazed as **** human coming in and shooing up a movie theater, school, robbing and shooting at a bank/store, slashing as they walk by, driving drunk or stoned or plain old stupidly taking out me and the family then any type of dog attack..

All dogs devolved (loss of genetic information) from wolves
Some dogs just retained a little more wolf then others, and the real dangerous ones, lost the looks of the wolf but kept the attitude

Reality...Like "Could care less" ? Does this mean that you care a little?

As usual you bring nothing to the table.... But you are failing today grammar nazzi.... Go back to yellow bullet and complain about the women in the **** threads......

JW

The next dog that will attack his Doberman.
Get them drunk and they get vicious.

chihuahua dressed as donkey.jpg

a freaking chiwawa or any dog can do that.

Not likely.
Still can't figure out why my grand kids are afraid of a 3 pound rat dog.
Kids.
What's it going to do?
Attack the ankle?

upload_2019-4-8_14-30-6.jpeg

No. You are in its behind.

lostdogn.jpg

Still can't figure out why my grand kids are afraid of a 3 pound rat dog.
Kids.
What's it going to do?
Attack the ankle?

because those yappy little things things can kill them in the time it takes you to take a piss....

Any pet is an animal. Even our cats could attack us for no reason. They're animals. It's a risk you take owning ANIMALS.

Dunno if this one or the "how to clean a blow dryer " offers more insight.....
Live in a neighborhood FULL of pits?? Suck it up or hook up the trailer and bail.

and that is the asshole type of owner we are talking about here. he has allowed the dog to be like that. there are places that specialize in training aggressive dogs and they do so very successfully.. that dumb **** doesn't deserve to own a dog..
----------------------------------------

Completely agree with the above.

because those yappy little things things can kill them in the time it takes you to take a piss....

Common buddy, I thought we were having a serious discussion. Bite yes, draw blood maybe, crush their throat. Negative

You have some pretty dogs there and I am glad you take care of them. I just wish more Pit owners did the same.
Again with the question though, and I mean this in all seriousness. No way trying to be a dick. How do you insure your home? I have had a few different insurance companies and all of them, I mean 100%, do not allow a pitbull on the property with any of their homeowners policies. Not only pits though. My current homeowners policy forbids, Pits, Rots, and Dobermans. I was just curious.

Not trying to bash your dogs man. They look like they are well trained and well behaved. Again, it's just the potential to be deadly that gets me.

Never had an issue with insurance. Even our huskys were on the “bad dog” list. Our agent was over and said yes they are trained well and that was it.

When I moved here in the country ( sorta) , the real country have neighbors way further apart. I had 3 miniature dachshunds. My olderdog had paralyzed is back, I took are of him for months till I had to put him down. 2 years later I still miss him so much. He loved me and life right up to the end. Neighbor pit cross came onto out property one day and killed one of my little dogs The owner had them loaded in his truck to take down the road an shoot them, he said. A few months later they are back, but behind a electric fence. If I ever see them OFF his property I will promptly shoot them. Fair is fair.
Then these people's mother's dog, a full Pit killed my other little dog. Both dog were on the road between our homes. The only reason I did not shoot her. She killed my dog and went back home. I went there and the owner did not care and did not believe her "friendly" dog did such. I was there on her property with shotgun loaded, but I did not shoot. Texas law would have prosecuted me for animal cruelty. There were witnesses. I had the chance to shoot her dog on the road but did not. IF she would ever get on our property she will be dead. Our place has livestock tight woven wire fence gates etc. but a dog can and occasionally does get on here.
Two big cur dogs last month had a high $ billy goat cornered and had his ear bleeding badly. They got shot.

I love dogs, cats, livestock..I wish there would be no hurt in this world, but it is not so.

It’s always about training with a dog. They need to know their place in the pack most of all.

Even this super friendly, lovable and well people socialized dog tried to establish his place in the pack shortly after we got him. He went after my daughter, lunging open mouthed with teeth bared at her face and tried to bite.

9BE80594-5B20-47F1-898D-310C8CCDC763.jpeg

CB4682CA-B34E-490D-9A67-9A9C2078B060.jpeg

It was his first and only mistake. My daughter never had a dog before, but I made sure she was well trained in what to do. Without a moments hesitation, she immediately grabbed him by the snout and twisted his head into the ground before punching his nose...hard. All the while scolding him loudly. When he yelped in submission, she let him up off the ground.

My wife and I reinforced her actions on the spot by thoroughly scolding him. A short while later, we all made up with him showing affection. He now has no doubt where he ranks in this pack and has never shown another sign of aggression toward anybody. He now defends my daughter fiercely against any danger when she walks him and seeks out her attention and love constantly.

Training is everything...for both owners and dogs.

-
Back