Oil Bypass Filter kits

-
If it's a street car, it should be attached to ported vacuum. Funny. You changed your mind three times and finally decided not to buy my carburetor and bought someone else's and I answered your question anyway. How's that for customer service? Good luck. I hope it all comes together for you. Pictures and video would be cool when you are done.

I appreciate it. I decided to get your 1406 but I am an impatient sob and you would not have had one ready for a while.

I just looked and I must have deleted the pix of the finished product. I will take some later

Thank you The carb is not the last part I will need

If it's a 90* adapter, I would imagine any filter for an LA should fit? The 318 that used to sit in my Scamp was from an '80 Roadrunner, and it had one...the 318 in my Dad's '84 Ramcharger has one...that's two apps I can think of you could source a filter for that would fit--among dozens of others.

The ported nipple on the carb you speak of is the passenger front about even with the adjuster screws.
vbpgimage.php

Now that is the opposite of what I have been told on the vacuum advance hose

I changed the oil on the Duster yesterday. It has the 90° adapter on it. I fought with that filter and adapter for well over an hour.
Never in my life have I had so much trouble with doing an oil change.

So at this point, I am going to get a filter relocation kit.

Where did you buy yours and were you happy with the service. Who had done one and what kit did you buy? OR what kit do you wish you would have bought instead?
I am just too darn old and crippled to be doing this again.

Thank you in advance for your time and feedback on this matter

Ed

I changed the oil on the Duster yesterday. It has the 90° adapter on it. I fought with that filter and adapter for well over an hour.
Never in my life have I had so much trouble with doing an oil change.

So at this point, I am going to get a filter relocation kit.

Where did you buy yours and were you happy with the service. Who had done one and what kit did you buy? OR what kit do you wish you would have bought instead?
I am just too darn old and crippled to be doing this again.

Thank you in advance for your time and feedback on this matter

Ed

http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ctr-22-826/overview/ his is the one i should have used

and you might need one of these http://www.summitracing.com/parts/ctr-22-575/overview/make/dodge

This is what I was trying to find out about this company.

http://www.frantzfilters.com/science/

Thanx, I have to put that project on the back burner until I get the oil filter relocated.
As I have only put less (a lot less) than 2000 miles on the car in the last 18 months, I had not changed the oil/filter until yesterday

So I did not know what an abortion this 90° adapter was. The oil is so new, I can drain it and reuse it after I relocate the filter.

That was a good website

So I did not know what an abortion this 90° adapter was.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you must me doing something wrong. I had an adapter on my Dart with crappy headers for the last ten years and never had a problem changing the filter? Didn't even have to get under the car?!? Lean over the fender, grab the filter with a large pair of sliding pliers and twist off?

Got any pics? My adapter was mounted horizontally with the filter towards the firewall. Seems like a waste of money to me to be adding a filter relocation kit when their are literally tens of thousands of people who have those adapters on their cars and change the oil regularly with no problems.

Same here...I never had a moment's trouble with mine...but hell, different strokes I guess.

Don't take this the wrong way, but you must me doing something wrong. I had an adapter on my Dart with crappy headers for the last ten years and never had a problem changing the filter? Didn't even have to get under the car?!? Lean over the fender, grab the filter with a large pair of sliding pliers and twist off?

Got any pics? My adapter was mounted horizontally with the filter towards the firewall. Seems like a waste of money to me to be adding a filter relocation kit when their are literally tens of thousands of people who have those adapters on their cars and change the oil regularly with no problems.

Mine is at a 45° angle pointed at the fender wall. I do not have headers, although maybe sometime down the road.

I was unable to loosen the filter from above, I tried a bunch of different ways. I ended up grabbing it from underneath with the largest slip-joint pliers I have (very large).
At that point I was unable to remove the filter from the bottom and the top was almost impossible.
I was not kidding about being crippled up. I had a pump implanted in my abdomen that pumps Hydromorphone/Dilaudid (the strongest opiate available today) directly into my spinal cannel. If my doctor ever saw what I have been doing, all hell would break loose.
It is getting harder and harder to do the simple jobs every day.

Sooner, rather than later, I may not be able to do what I can do today. So if I can place the filter in a convenient place, it will help down the road

I wish I had more info but,
I have seen relocation kits used to move the filter to the firewall / inner fender on the passenger side.
Wide open area and couldn't be easier to get to...
I will see if I can track down where I saw it.

Mine is at a 45° angle pointed at the fender wall. I do not have headers, although maybe sometime down the road.

I was unable to loosen the filter from above, I tried a bunch of different ways. I ended up grabbing it from underneath with the largest slip-joint pliers I have (very large).
At that point I was unable to remove the filter from the bottom and the top was almost impossible.
I was not kidding about being crippled up. I had a pump implanted in my abdomen that pumps Hydromorphone/Dilaudid (the strongest opiate available today) directly into my spinal cannel. If my doctor ever saw what I have been doing, all hell would break loose.
It is getting harder and harder to do the simple jobs every day.

Sooner, rather than later, I may not be able to do what I can do today. So if I can place the filter in a convenient place, it will help down the road

That explains a lot. Do what you have to in order to keep enjoying your car. Good luck!

I got the relocation kit this afternoon. The instruction are VAUGE BUT I rarely read them anyways.
I have it almost finished it, just need to trim the hoses and tighten clamps. I put the filter on the fender wall right next to the alternator.

Attachments

• Engine compartment 1.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 137
  • Engine compartment 2.jpg
    56.5 KB · Views: 115
  • Engine compartment 3.jpg
    56.3 KB · Views: 119
-
Back