Ok so lets really talk K-members here Folks

-
here are the two friends and their dusters... they both have tube front ends, both have a rack and i believe they both us stock style spindles. both are slightly different in design.. i swore i have pics of under the cars but can't find the damn things... these cars are fast and go down the track straight as an arrow.... but you should see when they are turning into the bleach box. holy **** so the tires look as they are going to lay flat on their side..lol. would be down right dangerous on the street..

DSC_3387.jpg

DSC_3386.jpg

basically what i'm saying/asking is to stop all the talk and show it to us, lets see the thing in corners, lets see prices, lets see this thing produced and on the street with real world feedback. anything less is just talk and means nothing. look i don't care what frontend a guy wants to use. as long as its safe because that damn thing may just be out on the road with my family. all i need is some straight line set up trying to take a corner and no being able to do it and take out my family.. thats not cool man... thats all my question is about...

And with that, I agree.

I was just seeing some down right negativity coming out in this thread that I didn't think the guy really deserved. He may end up with a suspension system that only works on the track, or he may end up with a world beater. Who knows? I'm saying give the guy some encouragement and maybe a prop or two for at least trying.

Nothing negative. Simple questions were either overlooked or avoided. That concerns me. The builder has a track car it works good in. Johnparts is basically saying it will be good on the street. Well when asked for numbers or video all ya get us straight line crap. That doesn't answer any questions. Um trying to look out for the guy that mat buy it. Too many times I have seen something talked up only to come up short after some poor fool spent their hard earned money on it.

Doesn't look like he needs encouragment at all. He built one already. Now build more at a cheaper price then what's out there and prove its as good or better then what's out there. Do that and it will sell itself. Anything other that that is just talk. Don't know why anyone would have a problem with that.

It is a TOTAL price gouge. The demand is lower, yes, but not enough to justify a 1000% higher price. Anyway, the next car I do is gonna be a 1970 Mustang. And, I may just stay on that side of the fence afterward.

It is a TOTAL price gouge. The demand is lower, yes, but not enough to justify a 1000% higher price. Anyway, the next car I do is gonna be a 1970 Mustang. And, I may just stay on that side of the fence afterward.

70 Mustang coil over and power rack setup:

Front coil over system price: $2485.00 and up

FCOC-FD_front_wide_ID.jpg

Power rack with installation kit price: $2098.00 and up

RCKPS-FD_ID.jpg

Total $4583.00

RCKPS-FD_ID.jpg

Total $4583.00

WOW! and i don't see brake rotors,calibers,bearings,seals, brake hoses,cotter pins...etc...etc...etc...

Ive skimmed all 13 pages of this and I think its great another K frame design is coming to market. It may not be all things to all people but thats how most cars(and parts) are built. That said If I could buy a nice tube K frame with coil overs for my car for the 19-26 hundred dollar range listed I'd be happy.

I dont need to carve corners with my skinnys at 65 and neither do all the other strip/street cars at the track. If I want a suspension system to corner with then I would certianly expect to pay more.

The plus sides of a tube K frame are great. Being able to take the headers off in the car, starter access, more room for nicer headers,use a motor plate to dictate engine position(A,B,RB,Hemi,Gen III , LS or whatever) ,infinitly adjustable coil overs, use a rack or stick with a manual box and still gain a lot of clearance. Even if it cost me a few pounds it would be worth it just from a less hassle to work on it standpoint.

Not to mention the new diaper rule coming down on us. I would think a diaper or tray would be a lot easier to deal with if the car had a tube K frame and more so with a rack.

I just got one question,what front track measurement is goin to be used? I would prefer the 67-72 front track because it gets the front wheels under the fenders a little more and opens up wheel choices.

I have to say i have purchased the rms system and think it is money well spent. I am not wealthy but work extra time on other peoples cars to afford to build my own. So i keep busy doing that as i dont have the time to r&d new components. I do have to space and knowledge but not the time, as i want my car built before i am too old to enjoy it. I am currently installing a heidts rear independent system out back and a hurst driveline upgrade 5spd in the near future all bought by doing some work on the side. The main reason for the RMS was weight savings as it dropped about a hundred pounds off the front and i need the weight loss because the big block put on a few extra pounds compared to the 340. Yes this is a multi year project but it is a driving project just takes time to save up the dough to purchase the next part. Ive owned this for over 14 years and have never really been finished working on it. I have grown to attached to it to sell it to any one else so i just keep improving what I think can be better. Just saying lol.

Make the parts yourself and cut out the middle men. That cost reduction can be passed on to the customer.

That much more killer looking front suspension than a stock derived system?

Or that much more killer performing front suspension than a stock derived system? For a similar price of an upgraded stock derived system?

This is last winters project, It's a 68 K frame with plates welded to re-inforce the bushing area. A friend machined new bushings using the new pins as a template. The bushings are tapered internally to match the pins..NO MORE SLOP! I have to weld the bushings in yet but the old ones had a ton of slop and I expect to see a major difference. I'm also re welding the K frame, this goes in with the new motor.

Attachments

• Image00045.jpg
    30.4 KB · Views: 403
  • Image00044.jpg
    34.8 KB · Views: 413
  • Image00051.jpg
    33.1 KB · Views: 396
  • Image00052.jpg
    31.6 KB · Views: 418

RCKPS-FD_ID.jpg

Total $4583.00
I know this is a bit old but.......is the kit from Australia RRS ? Fatman Fabrications has a kit that last time I checked was a good deal under the one from RRS...

Lol,either way it's too rich for my blood.So stock suspension that worked great for 40+ yr's will be rebuilt/reenforced!

WOW! and i don't see brake rotors,calibers,bearings,seals, brake hoses,cotter pins...etc...etc...etc...

Please, please, please do not even try to compare any of the Mopar K-member manufacturers, to the parts shown in the pictures above. That is TCP, or Chris Alston's Chassisworks, and is by far the nicest stuff to exist, from any aftermarket company.
Dont compare this setup to RMS or any other Mopar aftermarket manufacturer...there simply is no comparison. Chassisworks stuff makes these other "manufacturers" look like a bunch of idiots with a little welder in their garage.
I'll finally say it...the Mopar crowd is by far the hardest to market parts to...which is a huge aspect as to why there isnt as much aftermarket available for the Mopar guys. To add to that, A-body guys are by far the cheapest and the most "he said/she said" type of them all. Its rediculous.
All the internet genious' make the Mopar crowd look like a bunch of idiots...yes, Im saying it, and I apologize to anyone who takes offense to it. You can thank your fellow A-body owners for giving you this reputation.
Rant over...

Please, please, please do not even try to compare any of the Mopar K-member manufacturers, to the parts shown in the pictures above. That is TCP, or Chris Alston's Chassisworks, and is by far the nicest stuff to exist, from any aftermarket company.
Dont compare this setup to RMS or any other Mopar aftermarket manufacturer...there simply is no comparison. Chassisworks stuff makes these other "manufacturers" look like a bunch of idiots with a little welder in their garage.

I'll finally say it...the Mopar crowd is by far the hardest to market parts to...which is a huge aspect as to why there isnt as much aftermarket available for the Mopar guys. To add to that, A-body guys are by far the cheapest and the most "he said/she said" type of them all. Its rediculous.
All the internet genious' make the Mopar crowd look like a bunch of idiots...yes, Im saying it, and I apologize to anyone who takes offense to it. You can thank your fellow A-body owners for giving you this reputation.
Rant over...

So out of the 2 links that were provided. "Bondo bob" or AJE Racing? Which one is Chris Alston Chassis Works?? I am confused a bit.

I dont need to carve corners with my skinnys at 65 and neither do all the other strip/street cars at the track. If I want a suspension system to corner with then I would certianly expect to pay more

you may not need to carve corners but you do need it to turn corners safely if its a street car. thats just a fact. and if you read what was posted instead of just skimming it then you would know that is exactly what i was saying.

Rant over...

Well said!!! We are a picky bunch of dudes for sure,but here is my take on that. Mopar cars were engineered excellent to begin with,so it's extra hard to sell a guy something when stock is damn tough.

Our beloved mopars fell down on execution,but the engineering...let's just say it's why I think chev is crap!

My tshell got about 250 mikes of driving on it yesterday. It's works great even with my little 26x6 fronts. I was taking corners at 30mph around my block etc. no issues at all... Other that I can't get traction bc if my supercharger lol

So out of the 2 links that were provided. "Bondo bob" or AJE Racing? Which one is Chris Alston Chassis Works?? I am confused a bit.

The pics posted by AutoXCuda are from the Total Control Products(owned by Chris Alstons Chassisworks) website.

you may not need to carve corners but you do need it to turn corners safely if its a street car. thats just a fact. and if you read what was posted instead of just skimming it then you would know that is exactly what i was saying.

Well the FACT is that those skinnys and drag shocks are gonna be a problem at 65 in a corner LONG BEFORE any of the front end parts listed in this thread to include the RMS.

But I would think common sense would tell you that

Open cabinet, remove chill pill bottle

yes drag shocks and drag front runners may be a problem at 65 mph around a sharp corner, but the front suspension still has to turn a corner safely even at slow speeds. go back and read all the posts again. maybe you'll comprehend what i was saying. doubt it, but its worth a try.

don't know what your even bringing it up for anymore. this is a long dead thread and USCG CHARGER says it turns good. this thread was up before he had it in his car and actually tested it.

don't know what your even bringing it up for anymore. this is a long dead thread and USCG CHARGER says it turns good. this thread was up before he had it in his car and actually tested it.

Long dead thread as of when? Is there a statute of limitations on posting in a thread? There 15 posts in it this month alone to include the post from USCG on the 13th that he put 250 miles on his set up.

Heaven forbid we continue a productive discusion and updates about getting alternative parts to build our cars to suit our needs. Last I checked there can be more than one manufacturer of any one product. RMS may have the lock down one the system they produce but doesnt mean nobody else can make their own.

I'm glad the RMS worked out for and you have pronounced it loud and clear and often but you are the only one all twisted up in this thread.I figured you woulda run out of breath between this thread and the thread on MoParts.

Heaven forbid we continue a productive discusion

productive discussion?? where is that . all you did was bring up some stupid skinny tire thing, and if you read and actually comprehended what you read you would have understood what i was saying. boy ol boy you are dense.

out of breath?? from what like two posts in that thread full of idiots on moparts? seems that you read about as well as you comprehend what is written.

I agree! This thread is far from being gone,as the product is stil out on the road being proven. Plus it's free and open market right? ANYONE can make a K frame and sell it.

I agree! This thread is far from being gone,as the product is stil out on the road being proven. Plus it's free and open market right? ANYONE can make a K frame and sell it.

no one said that no one could make a system. the original question was how does it turn on the street. the op only ever posted it going in a straight line. all we wanted to know was how it does turning a corner at any speed. re read the thread.

-
Back