Old Fart testing his street Barracuda

-

Ted Carlson

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
Hey folks, I just came back from the second test day at Top Gun in Fallon, NV (4000'). It is a street car with 3.23 gears and I drove it 75 miles to the strip. It's a 410 SB with a Dual Plane intake, TTI headers, 3" exhaust with 2 1/2" tail pipes, a hydraulic cam and Drag radials. I was shocked because I never expected it to run like this especially at 4000'. Anyhow, it ran 12.80 and 103. My friend with a 383 RR who won the Pro class track championship has a 60' only .03 faster. Mine is 1.76 which blows my mind since I only have a 2500 stall converter. What ever!, the point is this 70 year old fart is a happy camper.

Attachments

• P1010002.jpg
    83 KB · Views: 790
Hey Ted,sounds like you had a blast.Glad to hear your having fun with your car,at your age.:cheers:

Ted sounds like you had a blast and it just doesn't get better than that. So much better than just warming a chair in front of a TV.

Hey folks, I just came back from the second test day at Top Gun in Fallon, NV (4000'). It is a street car with 3.23 gears and I drove it 75 miles to the strip. It's a 410 SB with a Dual Plane intake, TTI headers, 3" exhaust with 2 1/2" tail pipes, a hydraulic cam and Drag radials. I was shocked because I never expected it to run like this especially at 4000'. Anyhow, it ran 12.80 and 103. My friend with a 383 RR who won the Pro class track championship has a 60' only .03 faster. Mine is 1.76 which blows my mind since I only have a 2500 stall converter. What ever!, the point is this 70 year old fart is a happy camper.

Congrats on the runs!
I wish my 67 coupe looked as great as yours does.

Mike
65 yo

Enjoying life at 107 mph keeps us looking for another great day
That is a very nizzzze barracuda and a fast one, keep up the great times Ted.

Good job Ted...thanks for letting me ride along....

I was talking with my FAther over breakfast how hot rods are a great way to still have fun and exercise the adrenialn glands as the old bones get tired. Dirt bikes have a way of taking a toll. Hung up the water ski years ago. Just let up on the brake and stomp on the gas. Congrats. Showed the fat old man who just vegitates in front of the tube that post.

BTW, that is a really sweet looking car. I like the painted bumper and blacked out grill. The times for that combo make me think I may have some good times ahead with the fish (416 / 904 / 3.91sg / 275 drag radials) on our 1/8 mi track.

That's great you got it back out Ted.

Nice little combo. :thumbup:

Good job.
I hope i'm still playing with cars when i reach your age in 20 more years.

Thought the car looked familiar,live on Pecan,1 block up from your old house.Top Gun is a sweet track.

-
Back