overhead storage platforms

-

bigaadams

Reaction score
I have built in stages over the years a fairly large pole barn style building and enclosed with 13 sets of drive through lockable doors that puts my stuff from prying eyes and wandering feet. I use this barn to park a few finished cars but mostly for storing my project cars. As project cars tend to need other space for lay down, accumulate parts for the ultimate build, accessories etc. I have chose to modify my barn to incorporate a few platforms for such storage. One of these shelves is 12' x 40' another 8' x8' and a 10'x 12' plus a 8' x 12' and this is the one I finished yesterday. 9' x 12' Makes all the difference in the world. Light will be transferred to upgrade a two lamp unit...
IMG_1657.JPG

Last edited:
My friend used numerous J hooks (the kind you screw in) attached to his rafters to hang many of his parts. It gets stuff off the floor, it also gives you more space to store the larger items on the deck.

Treblig

My Father in law came across about 20 collapsible cart totes from SONY that are super cool. The sides fold in and it gets down to 2 inches flat when not being used. They also have like a 100# capacity as they are rigid plastic. I made a 2X4 rack for them off the ceiling and got loads of stuff organized and off the valuable floor space.

-
Back