Votes: 47 57.3%
  • Who cares, i ride donkeys

Votes: 4 4.9%
  • I like polls

Votes: 2 2.4%

• Total voters
-
Had to comment on its a ford------
When my wife was hunting anew car (2017) the ford place in Bartlesville , oK. tried to sell her a new taurus , was a good looking car. The battery was dead and wouldnt start, they jumped it and said it was from sitting too long, and would charge up after driving it a while, after we test drove it for a while , she pulled over and turned it off , for me to drive , it wouldnt start, they still tried to sell it to us.
She then bought a new escape w/ everything on it , all wheel drive , ''they call it 4 wheel drive'' , 50,000 miles later , they replaced the engine , water in the oil .
FORD HAS A BETTER IDEA ! Remember that one ??
I remember changing the alternator in a parking lot in 105 summer heat, through the top...lots of fun.
I had to pull the horn relay because its utilized by the factory ford alarm and drained the battery within 2 days.
Motor mounts, inadequate grounding, rear control arms that flex and cause the rear to scoot side to side on rough roads. It started overheating from losing coolant after 5-8 days at a time...
Used a diff brand mounts, added the 8 gauge ground wire, put stop leak in it...and no more issues....except the rear control arm flex.

Ford has always been **** for cars. The power plants were okay, some of them. But electrical, car design...garbage.

In general, a wet throttle body fuel injection system, is not worth the effort over a carburetor. I think for the hassle and expense of fuel injection, multiport is the only way to go.

I`m sure it`s better , but total tuning from the drivers seat , beats the hell out of doing it under your hood !!

If I was starting a new build I would go with efi if I didn't have a fuel system already. But my Holley works well so no need to replace it on my 340 dart

-
Back