Post your favorite saying

-
You might think your hot sh*t on a silver platter, but the fact is all you are is a dried up turd on a paper plate.

My give a damns busted

Your the hang nail of my life, and I can't cut you out.

My Dad used to say this all the time: "Better than a kick in the head.." and you know what? He was right 100% of the time. :D

A few more:

"I could fall in a barel of tits and come up without a nipple".

Umm, after this one I realized I really can't post the rest... all x rated.

"You cannot break it if it's broken, but you can fix it so it can't be fixed."

(I've fixed plenty of htings so they can't be fixed)

OK, I'll jump in but this might get lengthy,I'm from Kentucky so barely a word is spoken without some phrase being used.

"slower than a sick ***** on Sunday"
"She's got more curves than a West Virginia road map"
"my dogs is a barkin"
"I'm fallin apart like a 2 dollar suit"
"never let the truth stand in the way of a good story"
"Its not that I hate them but I feel better when their not around"
"he's queer as a 3 dollar bill" (just quoting sayings,not judging anyone)

I must be getting old, my mind just went blank...I hear so much of this its almost like background noise.
I'll leave you with a couple of personal favorites from my youth,. My Moms favorite to me was "I'll yank your arm out and beat you to death with the bloody end of it" I heard this quite often(deservingly so) and My mother claims that one came from her mother.

My Dad used to tell me to "keep my mouth shut and my ears open and I might learn something" and that was damn good advice. My Dads best was "the older you get, the smarter I get" which in my youthful mind meant that as he got older he gained more knowledge from being around me......But alas as I got older and had kids I figured out what it really meant was that as I got older and realized that I really didnt know anything, that his wisdom would become more apparent.(and boy was he right)

And last of all one of my very own sayings that I use all the time, "wealth and knowledge must skip a generation" (refering to my generation) because my Dads been telling me I was a dumbass for a long time and now my Son who possess's all of the knowledge in the universe seems to always tell me I'm a dumbass too.

"I've been called worse by better." That one always pissed people off. Some take longer than others to get it. ;)

That's one of my favorites. Some don't ever get it.

Another,

50% of something is better than 100% of nothing

If you always tell the truth, you never have to remember.

get your dick skinners out of your pocket.

-
Back