**Post your in Trunk Battery and Fuel Cell Pics**

-
Well here is all I have..This is of the Valiant. Batteries were on the left side of car under lip.
P1010308-1.jpg

15 gallon cell, Aeromotive 2000 pump,filter , -8AN and Taylor battery box
Cutoff switch sits at bottom of bumper

Attachments

• 2012-10-11_19-08-40_662.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 502
  • b9fdf81d2f43df3e505f0d6786698ef8.jpg
    82.2 KB · Views: 528
Lookin good spaz!

Thanks man.

It's not high dollar but it works just fine.

I would have liked to do leather or vinyl but it turned out pretty decent.

I am currently running a summit electric pump and I have a Jegs electric pump as a spare in case I burn one out.

The Jegs pump came in handy when my super quiet Holley HP-125 ( which I loved) burned out after 6 months of use at a car show while moving from one spot to another.....that was embarrassing, but it impressed a lot of the guys at the show when I whipped out a spare pump and had it running again in a few minutes.

My advice is always carry a spare pump and the tools to fix it.... at least a cheap back up that will get you home since we all can't afford to carry a spare aero motive pump.

I'm considering a mechanical pump but they have their issues too.

Now if I just had room for a spare tire...LOL.

Guys, if you buy one of these aluminum cells, take the foam out and throw it in the trash.

That stuff breaks apart after one year, maybe quicker and contaminates your fuel system.

Also, and I learned this while taking my foam out, inspect the entire tank for mental shavings from when the manufactures drilled the holes for the bungs.

My cell had aluminum metal shavings all throughout the bottom of the cell and collected mainly at the lowest portion of the sump near the hose hook ups at the lower rear of sump.

Get yourself a good roll over valve, if not installed from factory and don't fill,the tank up all the way full without the anti slosh foam and you will be fine.

If you fill it full the fuel will expand and the rollover valve will seat and you will have a vapor lock situation......learned that the hard way.

I also installed a inertia safety fuel shut off which trips if someone rear ends you at a red light.
You wire it in series with your electric fuel pump and can mount it anywhere.
Some guys mount it inside the car in case they need to reset it if it trips from hitting a monster pot hole or something like that.

Heres mine. The battery hold down is built for my yellowtop, which obviously goes well with my color theme and my stereo system. I don't have anything set up for track, such as shutdown switch etc.

pic8y.jpg

img00415201111232230.jpg

oct140141.jpg

rear2o.jpg

Also straps for holding the fuel cell in place.I just bought an alumi. 10 gal cell.In the box came a note stating that they will no longer have weld on mound tabs,due to movement/twisting causing cracks in aluminum,therefore leaking fuel.Just food for thought.

Is that some new NHRA rule of just the manufacturer's experience? I ask because I am using the 5 gal alum tank that was in my fish and bolting it to the back-halved Demon using the 4 tabs they have welded to it. Sorry, no pics but I like this thread.

Is that some new NHRA rule of just the manufacturer's experience? I ask because I am using the 5 gal alum tank that was in my fish and bolting it to the back-halved Demon using the 4 tabs they have welded to it. Sorry, no pics but I like this thread.
The 10 gal fuel cell I bought had the note in mentioning about no longer having the tabs.I,ll have to look into the NHRA rules and get back with an answer.

Guys, if you buy one of these aluminum cells, take the foam out and throw it in the trash.

That stuff breaks apart after one year, maybe quicker and contaminates your fuel system.

Thats BS. I have had the same fuel cell in my car sense 1998 and the foam is still in perfect shape. I would only remove the foam if I was running alcohol.

Thats BS. I have had the same fuel cell in my car sense 1998 and the foam is still in perfect shape. I would only remove the foam if I was running alcohol.

What kind of fuel do you run? I think spaz is running pump fuel, maybe that's the difference?

What kind of fuel do you run? I think spaz is running pump fuel, maybe that's the difference?

I ran pump gas from 1998 to 2006 with my J headed 360 that was 9.25 to 1.( it ran the best of 10.88.) In 2007 I built the 410 smallblock with eddy heads. My compression now is 11.5 to 1 and I run a 50/50 mix of 91 pump and 110 race gas.

I am ordering my fuel cell so this information will help. Going to get the 20 gallon sumped cell. Configuration will be opposit from their standard tank with 10an fittings instead of 8an. I will also have 3-10an fittings in the sump 1 I will use as a drain the other 2 will feed the pumps. There will be 2-10an fittings & 1 8an fitting on top of the tank.
Getting it from here...

http://shop.brokedickracing.com/Sumped-Fuel-Cells_c_10513.html

Or I may build it myself!

Pretty much what the others have shown. I'm in the process of laying carpet over the floor and making vinyl covered side panels and vinyl covers for the fuel cell and battery box. If my upholstery guy ever gets it done I'll put up some finished pics too...

SDC10902.jpg

-
Back