Probably a real dumb question but ....

-
If boost becomes your new addiction, you and I can attend classes together.
Boost? Been there, done that. In fact, I am still doing it! lol

I went full circle and back to my roots. Old school (and yes I know boost doesn't only apply to new stuff) all the way! :thumbsup:

Boost? Been there, done that. In fact, I am still doing it! lol

I went full circle and back to my roots. Old school (yes I know boost isn't only new stuff) all the way! :thumbsup:
And aren't you already looking to make more power? :poke:

I totally forgot I have a 440 in the barn with forged pistons 9.3 compression... that will make it easier I suppose, I'm really just thinking of a badass for a Dakota r/t I have sitting around doing nothing

What was the combination you tried it on? Small block? Big block? Hemi? Turbo? Supercharged?
been playing a very long time with several combinations. We build do machine work on all types of race engines. Diesels, Gas, Methanol, Nitro , Procharged, Supercharged, and Turbo. We see several builds by customers and the carnage after installed. The one that blew the gaskets between every bolt was a Small block first picture.

spoiler pics 757.jpg

spoiler pics 758.jpg

!CID__0926131633a.jpg

033.jpg

100_0110 (2).JPG

100_0123 (3).JPG

DSCN1104.JPG

20191030_195632.jpg

DSCN1173.JPG

DSCN1176.JPG

I totally forgot I have a 440 in the barn with forged pistons 9.3 compression... that will make it easier I suppose, I'm really just thinking of a badass for a Dakota r/t I have sitting around doing nothing
Easier isn’t really the issue. A 9.3:1 440 on boost can make 900 on e85 without breaking a sweat. What’s your power goal? That is the question.

Any aluminum head, really any camshaft that isn’t a smogger stock cam, any single plane intake, blow through e85 850 carb, s480 turbo on 12 psi.
That sounds simple I have most of that.
Thanks dude!

Probably want to build my Dakota to smoke Bill's tow pig lol

Why no intercooler? I mean, you DO have water..........

Why no intercooler? I mean, you DO have water..........
I assume you’re asking me, space is the number 1 reason. Second reason is jet pump has two water outlet ports and I’m using both of them already. I’d have to pull the pump apart and drill/tap a new water source behind the impeller. Which I may do next winter when I go through the pump. Third reason is blow through carb. My air inlet temps weren’t crazy at 7lbs because I’m carbureted and the latent heat of vaporization of gasoline is magical. Not as good as methanol or e85 but there is a benefit to being carbureted. Lastly, we made the power I was after and did it on a safe tune up.

It’s the same situation you run in to with an NA engine. You just need enough octane for the combination. And you are correct 100LL will NOT be adequate. 13:1 with boost is methanol territory. And it’ll be awesome. I recommend not doing it because once you do you’ll never build an NA engine again, and you’ll be poor. :lol:
How do I give this a thanks, like, and agree?!?

-
Back