Punked...Mopars are too expensive !!!

-
Just because a Camaro isn't my dream car, I don't have anything against someone for liking them. Most Saturdays a bunch of car guys get together at a donut shop nearby, usually I am the only Mopar there but the other guys treat me well, show interest and take time to help me out. We should all stick together and enjoy our old iron, because most of the next generation are into computer and video...

As much as I hate and have to grit my teeth, you're absolutely correct sir.

Hay martin at lest you will know who your friends are after this thread dies hahaha Come on over to the dark side its cheaper over here bwhahahhahaah

Attachments

• IMG_9451.JPG
    101.8 KB · Views: 449

I had built two chettys between the old hemi and the 68 fastback I`m now working on. one was a mid 10 sec. street vega, the other was a 11 sec. 92 gmc, hey both ended up w. a 406 in them;

BUT THEY DIDN`T FLOAT MY BOAT !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! BOB:protest:

Very nice camaro, at least you are on the road and having fun.The body guys has left a very bad taste in my mouth with restoring cars.I have a deadline for my car abd if it's not painted by then I will be doing the same thing you did. Good luck with it and I hope you win a lot of car shows with it.Stay in touch with your friends hear. Mark

Just because a Camaro isn't my dream car, I don't have anything against someone for liking them. Most Saturdays a bunch of car guys get together at a donut shop nearby, usually I am the only Mopar there but the other guys treat me well, show interest and take time to help me out. We should all stick together and enjoy our old iron, because most of the next generation are into computer and video...
nicely put ha ha

I agree with you also
And ma Mopar wouldn't have built any musclecars if it wasn't for the fact that it was a competition between all of the American car makers.
I also was working on this Chevy yesterday and I am not shy and if I can convince my boss to let me get licensed in it I would be more than happy to run ya:cheers:

Attachments

• 101_9443.jpg
    79.4 KB · Views: 424
  • 101_9444.jpg
    99.3 KB · Views: 431
Very nice looking car .......I'm a car guy, I prefer MOPAR, but if what ever it is, looks nice and clean, I will look at it and admire it and sometimes give them a complement. When someone is having fun with there car, grinning from ear to ear driving it.... then that what its all about....

I ride motorcycles ....I prefer Harley Davidson, but I will hang out and ride with anyone riding anything, and if there on a crotch rocket ....they will just have to wait for me or ride with me .....lol

old iron is old iron.....I love all american brand muscle cars, and all types of automobilia such as oil cans, gas pumps, etc all over the garage.....but my preference is mopar

I love a nice musclecar, and that is a fine car you own, so enjoy....at least you didn't buy a civic

I do disagree about the cost statement though...I'm sure you could have bought any a -body with the coin spent on that 'vert camaro in that condition. To restore a mopar MAY be more than brand x but not purchasing a restored car, especially in this economy....they are all money pits and a lasbour of love

It’s a Camaro.
It’s a convertible Camaro.
It’s a baby **** green convertible Camaro.

What can you say? I’m not found of convertibles anyway, especially in extremely hot or cold climates.

My son wanted a father son project last year and found a 67 Charger.
Could he have found a harder, ugglier car?
He’s a busy, non-mechanical type uppie.
I suggested getting something like a 72 Corvette.
You can build one out of a catalogue and it has enough room for golf clubs.
“Corvettes are for douche bags”, he said.

http://www.clarkhoward.com/news/cla...-surprising-consumer-reports-auto-upset/nCpL/
http://www.bankrate.com/brm/news/auto/car-guide-2007/20070801_top_5_chick_cars_a1.asp?s=2&caret=4f
http://usatoday30.usatoday.com/money/autos/2007-12-10-ceo-cars_N.htm?se=yahoorefer

Well after hoarding and buying up parts on here and craigslist...I can not find time or justify waiting to finish my project so I guess I sold out for a finished car.....

Nice color!
I tried to get the same on my D100

P1260002.JPG

Well after hoarding and buying up parts on here and craigslist...I can not find time or justify waiting to finish my project so I guess I sold out for a finished car.....

Congratulations TXDart, some great old steal you have there, get out and enjoy the high way and sunshine, life is to short not to move forward :cheers:
If you have any parts for mopar post them up for sale and keep us updated

I know I'm going to catch it for saying this,but as far as I'm concerned ragtops are for chicks.Men drive hardtops,regardless of brand.It would be a nice car for your wife,lol.Just kidding,hope you enjoy it.I would have just kept them both.I have a mustang too,it wasn't to cheap to put together.I guess I take pride in doing as much of the work as I can,I looked at a finished dart but what fun is that? Alot of the guys I know that are into cars pay someone to do their work or buy mondern muscle,one has a 2013 mustang gt,if I want to look at a new car I'll go to the dealer.I swear they should park the new cars in back at the cruise nights,regardless of brand.Myself I'd rather look at half done driver than a new car.Sorry bout the rant ,guess I'm a little off topic.

i own both a chevy and a mopar and i love both and have had many gm and a few mopar muscle cars over the years and 3 dodge rams as daily drivers so i dont know if thats a crime or what, i know some on this site realy get upset with guys who also like other brands ,i even like a few fords even though i never owned a ford muscle car.back in the day there was only the big three and detriot was king, usa sells more imports than anything, now that makes me sick i hate imports f toyata and those traders that buy that imported junk. As a guy who has built two cars in the last few years yes the mopar is a little more expensive to build but seems to be getting better with parts availability such as 440 souce etc. I have a sbc and i to call it a belly button motor its true there a dime a dozen but they are chaeper to build and get horsepower out of so it makes things easy. But i also think mopars are cool as all hell some of the best looking sheet metal out there and by that i mean body styling but i think car guys should together were a dying breed yes theres still a lot of us on the internet but you dont find many in your area in your day to day life atleast i dont ,my co workers think im nuts dumping so much money on cars and i tell them you dont even know how much you dont know .

x2

as Charlie (Two and a Half Men) would say..."I understand"

some of us enjoy the challenge of the build....some enjoy the drive...and some enjoy both.

how does the say'n go?...different folks are different strokes?....well, you get the point

Mopar to ya'
Denny

Like a old hot rodder once told me , Anyone can make a chevy run fast, You need to know what your doing to make a Dodge fast and and you got to be a genius to make a ford go

I know I'm going to catch it for saying this,but as far as I'm concerned ragtops are for chicks.Men drive hardtops,regardless of brand........

Well you might like a hardtop full of your stinky, sweaty grease monkey friends...... BUT I would want this and fill it full of hot Mopar babes and keep on cruising. Chicks dig 'verts, and I dig chicks. :prayer: :thumbup: :headbang:

Wylde1.

Attachments

• 0192_detail.jpg
    102.5 KB · Views: 412
  • fm3004_04.jpg
    108.5 KB · Views: 378
  • nf004_03.jpg
    82.3 KB · Views: 374
I know I'm going to catch it for saying this,but as far as I'm concerned ragtops are for chicks.Men drive hardtops,regardless of brand.

You should rethink that statement. Convertibles are the real babe getters. I can think of plenty of shows where the vehicle was a convertible such as Nash Bridges and Mannix who both drove Mopar convertibles. As matter of fact they retrifitted the parts off a 73 with a 71 to have Mannix's convertible.

When a factory equipped Mopar hardtop is put up against a matching equipped Mopar convertible in the same shape the convertible will always bring more money. Anyone can have a vintage hardtop but not everyone can have a convertible.

Instead of dissing a man for buying something other than a Mopar you should show some class and congratulate him on such a nice car even though you don't like the brand. After working on customers cars in his mechanic shop all week long do you think maybe he would like to have a nice car to enjoy on the weekends? Personally I am not a snob and appreciate all American made iron including the Edsel because all these cars kept Americans working.

Something else to remember, he may be the person that has or knows where to get the one part you need or how to tell you how to fix the problem with your car.

-
Back