Rarest A-Body Option?

-
Autoxcuda,

Just curious about where you can obtain this information...
I have a letter from Galen Govier saying that my LS23 car is one of three cars that came from the factory with the mod top on the same day. .. However, it has had the same white top since the early 70's. I didn't know what he was talkin about until I saw the code on my fender tag and broadcast sheet just recently. Anyway just wonderin if any way to confirm that.

Thanks, Kim.

It's probably stock. It's a major pain to install power windows and locks in a car that wasn't born with it. Mike

If Galen says you have a Mod top car and the code on the tag is there.Then what is left to confirm.

Autoxcuda,

I have a letter from Galen Govier saying that my LS23 car is one of three cars that came from the factory with the mod top on the same day. .. However, it has had the same white top since the early 70's. I didn't know what he was talkin about until I saw the code on my fender tag and broadcast sheet just recently. Anyway just wonderin if any way to confirm that.

Thanks, Kim.

my guess that it was changed out due to how radical they looked

I'd doubt the power window/lock on a Duster. Think about it, POWER LOCKS on the cheapest car Plymouth sold? The power window motors of the day wouldn't even fit in the door with the glass. Most of the new kits require the use of the 73-up doors due to the door latch being higher up and more forward in the door.
As for the hood mounted tach, it was a dealer add on and was also available (same tach sans Mopar logo) aftermarket.

J45 Hood Pins on a 1969 GTS/340 Swinger.

The N85 console tachometer is also sort of rare with only an approx 750 being ordered also for 1969.

The 1969 nose cone disappeared from the GTS after a plant strike in December 1967. It seems that any '68 GTS built after Dec. 1967 did NOT have the nose cone. The nose cone was not an option, but seemed to be part of the GTS package.

J45 Hood Pins on a 1969 GTS/340 Swinger.

The N85 console tachometer is also sort of rare with only an approx 750 being ordered also for 1969.

The 1969 nose cone disappeared from the GTS after a plant strike in December 1967. It seems that any '68 GTS built after Dec. 1967 did NOT have the nose cone. The nose cone was not an option, but seemed to be part of the GTS package.

The console tach is rare, although I did own a 68 Dart GTS with one. I`ve read something along the same line about the GTS nosecone. It seems that only the cars built in the first few months of production have one. How about clocks?

dont think too rare, the 1971 duster V24 option --blackout hood treatment w/cid callout-- ive only seen a few on here an on the internet i just really wanna now how many were made with that option

To GTS340 you are correct! Power locks and windows weren't available in 71 Dusters. My Bad!
Mike

Autoxcuda,

Thanks, Kim.

That list was provided by Ramcharged.

I bet if you read closely it says three cars in HIS REGISTRY coded for mod top that day. All that means is that 3 people gave him or he found that informantion. The reports will not tell him the production of options per day.

Galen often in his decoding services states how many cars KNOWN with that combo or option. That is just what Galen has in his personal records. He hasn't seen every Mopar in the world.

Owners often mis-use and mis-quote that "known" information as "how many are left in the world" or "how many were made" That is incorrect.

Some year there are production option reports availible There are a percentage of each option usually (not always) per each model ie: Dart 170, Dart 270, Dart GTS, Dart GT designated on the vin.

NO A-body came from the factory with power windows.

Someone added that.

could be,,, but it looks good

102.JPG

could be,,, but it looks good

The power door lock switch is non Mopar. As is the GM remote mirror bezel.

The switches are all mounted a little too far foward for a factory install. Almost interferes with the side of the dash. It's workable, but a factory wouldn't put those up there so close.

Most of all, there is a plug in the door panel for the old window crank. The factory does not do that.

You could have legendary make up a door panel without the window cutout. Then you could eliminate the power door lock switch with a $100 keyless remote system. Next would be to get the right round Duster remote bezel. I think someone might have cutup the upper door to get that GM remote bezel on there. So you might have to fill in the metal removed to get the round Mopar bezel to fit back on.

Then you'd have neat "what if" mopar looking power windows that would really make mopar people totally double take when they saw it.

I live in England and have a 1969 Dart gt that was assembled in Belgum and came with a 340 and 8 3/4 rear and gts running gear It is also factory Silver with light metalic green interior dont know of any others like this dont know if it counts as it was not assembled in America

The power door lock switch is non Mopar. As is the GM remote mirror bezel.

The switches are all mounted a little too far foward for a factory install. Almost interferes with the side of the dash. It's workable, but a factory wouldn't put those up there so close.

Most of all, there is a plug in the door panel for the old window crank. The factory does not do that.

You could have legendary make up a door panel without the window cutout. Then you could eliminate the power door lock switch with a $100 keyless remote system. Next would be to get the right round Duster remote bezel. I think someone might have cutup the upper door to get that GM remote bezel on there. So you might have to fill in the metal removed to get the round Mopar bezel to fit back on.

Then you'd have neat "what if" mopar looking power windows that would really make mopar people totally double take when they saw it.

I more than suspected all that,,,,my brother in law has a car interior buisness and he wil make new door panels for me without the powr lock hole and move the window switchs back a bit.

What was the last year for the hipo 273 4spd? My 68 GT had a/c and 273 (not when I bought it) Was it 68? Because the 318 was going to replace it as the standard v8. When was the first year for electronic ignition?

-
Back