Rebuild #2 Progress

-

FASTBACK340

Legandary Member
Legendary Member
Reaction score
OK kiddies, sit back and get ready for re-build #2. For those newbies, I killed my freshly rebuilt 360 late last summer after a summer long agonizing assembly due to parts snafu's, e-Bay "Deals", and various other moments of a lack of normality. Pulled it apart last October and just recently I got (almost...) everything to screw it back together. Today we fired up the compressor and spun an air drill armed with a small wire brush and I cleaned the entire block. Two coats of some epoxy basecoat, and 3 coats of color. NICE! Then I gathered up a few things and went to my shop and tanked them. Tomorrow I install rings and start assembly of the lower end.

Pictures tomorrow. I promise....:thumrigh:

And this signature picture WILL be replaced. The aluminum heads are going to be sooooo bitchin!

That is great John. You must be excited. This thing will be an animal.

moparracer said:
That is great John. You must be excited. This thing will be an animal.

Don't know about the animal part, but yeah.... I'm pumped. I wanna drive this damn car before the first frost ;)

Hopefully it will last longer than it did the last time!
Good luck with it John!:glasses8:

FASTBACK340 said:
Don't know about the animal part, but yeah.... I'm pumped. I wanna drive this damn car before the first frost ;)

I'm pumped for you. The thought of getting a new engine running always gets me pumped, even if it's not mine. The best of luck to you.

Good luck John, you deserve some. I have had my share of bad luck too , so I know first hand what it feels like. It just makes it that much sweeter when things finally come togethor. Good luck buddy.

THIS

11010142pe.jpg

PLUS THIS

img10768lu.jpg

= 12.0's - 12.5's I am hoping !

FASTBACK340 said:
Pictures tomorrow. I promise....:thumrigh:

OK.... so I'm a day late

part21.jpg

SHINEY! I'm quite surprised at how nice the paint came out. I just hope it stays on

Then the skies started rattling & a banging. I packed up and got the engine in-doors before the skies opened and it started to rain. Tomorrow night we start assembling rings onto pistons! FUN!

:worthles:

KEEP THEM PICS COMING!

Gonna be a good engine. Have fun building it. I'm building my engine vicariously through you.

-Alex

-
Back