Restoration of my 70 Dart Swinger (Germany)

-
A little Update in this Threat...

As i told somewhere else... i bought a 340 Engine, and now its time to show you Guys some Pics.

cimg1853large.jpg

I take the original 4bbl intake and did a Portjob on that.

cimg1941.jpg

cimg1946d.jpg

The runners are polished now..

After i received the RHS Heads, i start porting them right now! The Heads are very good, minor things to do on them right out of the Box. But there is a lot of material to delete!

cimg1978large.jpg

cimg1965large.jpg

cimg1971large.jpg

cimg1969large.jpg

cimg1973large.jpg

cimg1975large.jpg

It is not finished yet!!!

What do you Guys think how much Power it makes:

340 .030 over
10,5:1 compression
Lunati Voodoo 60402 Duration 262/268, Lift .475/.494.
HP Exaust manifolds
ported stock 4bbl intake
ported RHS Indy X Heads with stock Rockers
polished Rods

???

i will keep you up to Date!

Very nice car, makes me wish I still had my white 71 swinger.

You Germans always seem to outshine the rest of Europe when it comes to bringing Mopars back to life.

All I can say is WOW. Are you determined and highly skilled !!!

To answer your question on the cam you'd need to look into the total package, compression ratio, head flow rate, axle gear ratio, rear tire diameter, stall converter? etc, all the parts need to work together. If you can post your total set up someone over here in the US can contact comp cams or which ever cam outfit you'd like and ask them for a recommendation - There are many many choices when you start looking at cams.

All I can say is WOW. Are you determined and highly skilled !!!

To answer your question on the cam you'd need to look into the total package, compression ratio, head flow rate, axle gear ratio, rear tire diameter, stall converter? etc, all the parts need to work together. If you can post your total set up someone over here in the US can contact comp cams or which ever cam outfit you'd like and ask them for a recommendation - There are many many choices when you start looking at cams.

Like i posted... i´m not looking for a cam. That post with the Erson cam is old.
Got a complete new Engine with this setup:

What do you Guys think how much Power it makes:

340 .030 over
10,5:1 compression
Lunati Voodoo 60402 Duration 262/268, Lift .475/.494.
HP Exaust manifolds
ported stock 4bbl intake
ported RHS Indy X Heads with stock Rockers
polished Rods

Yep when I saw his first post i thought my God are you nuts.Just goes to show anything can be restored.There should be a show on this car it deserves it.Well done.

Long Long Time ago.....

But anyway, thanks for your comment Guys!
@cory: I hope i finish the Rest to drive in Bitburg. If not, i think i come down there just for watching and drinking with you!

The last 2 Days i overhaul my 727! Was my first transmission and everything works well! Here are a few Pics:

cimg2548.jpg

cimg2554.jpg

cimg2557.jpg

cimg2558.jpg

cimg2561.jpg

cimg2564.jpg

cimg2581.jpg

This is a good contrast! Left side is a Clutch from a Ford C4,
right is the 727
:cheers:

cimg2579.jpg

cimg2580.jpg

cimg2589.jpg

cimg2594.jpg

cimg2599.jpg

cimg2607.jpg

cimg2616.jpg

Also the 340 is almost finish. Just have to mount the Heads and the Intake.:cheers:

cimg1929.jpg

cimg1937.jpg

cimg2004.jpg

cimg192.jpg

cimg2008.jpg

Just for the Photo!8)

cimg2018.jpg

I love this thread:cheers: What convertor are you planning on using and what gears are in the rear? Let us know how you like the RHS heads when finished. I have heard good things about them.

Just to let you know that my ancestors are from Germany. My last name is Dillinger.

First i thought i take the stock converter for a time, but the bearing was destroyed and as i looked at the Convertershaft it was damaged too.
So i will take a new one, but still don´t know which one is the best for me. I have 3.23 Gears in the Rear. I just have to build it up.
What do you guys think about the converter question? I have no idea!
Thought about one from Edge Performance. My Friend had one in his 67 Coronet with a 360 and he was thrilled.
I think this one:

http://www.edgeracingconverters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=19

The Problem with the Heads is that i don´t have any references because i build a complete new Setup in the Car. New Engine, new Trans, new Rear..8)

We will see! But i think i will be satisfield!:cheers:

First i thought i take the stock converter for a time, but the bearing was destroyed and as i looked at the Convertershaft it was damaged too.
So i will take a new one, but still don´t know which one is the best for me. I have 3.23 Gears in the Rear. I just have to build it up.
What do you guys think about the converter question? I have no idea!
Thought about one from Edge Performance. My Friend had one in his 67 Coronet with a 360 and he was thrilled.
I think this one:

http://www.edgeracingconverters.com/index.php?main_page=product_info&cPath=7_9&products_id=19

The Problem with the Heads is that i don´t have any references because i build a complete new Setup in the Car. New Engine, new Trans, new Rear..8)

We will see! But i think i will be satisfield!:cheers:

I am running one of the Boss Hog street bandit 2800-3200 stall convertors in my 904 and I like it. Still cruises nice and the stall is right around 2800 and was only about $300. I would give them a call. http://www.accperformance.com/Boss_Hog_Features/index.html

I just went to your website and besides the language barrier, I wanted to tell you what a hell of a craftsman you are and commend you on the quality of the restoration of your dart

Thanks Guys!
I think i will translate my Page in English! Due to my Job i know a lot of Guys worldwide and everybody told me that i have to do my Page in english!
So lets see what i can do. Maybe i build in an assortment for language.8)

Update:

Tomorrow i will start my new build 340 engine first time for the cam breakin!
I hope that everything works well! Wish me luck!!!

cimg2731large.jpg

cimg2738large.jpg

DieWilde13 - Good luck on the break-in run. Exciting and frightening all at the same time. Got to get something on yootube of its fire up - it's almost like seeing a baby being born and breathing its first breath.

-
Back