Rhs Indy X Head Thread

-
Me too on the Hyd roller I have but manton sent solid pushrods... We got it figured out. Terry took care of the stuff no issues.

Looks good, be interested to see it run on the 4th.

Off topic I met Terry today, he was in a Real Bad crash on his quad. Broke his femur in 4 places and his wrist and hand really bad........that was about 5 weeks ago. He is hurtin for certain. On the healing road.

Off topic I met Terry today, he was in a Real Bad crash on his quad. Broke his femur in 4 places and his wrist and hand really bad........that was about 5 weeks ago. He is hurtin for certain. On the healing road.

Far out!

Femur is the hardest bone in your body to break!
Must of done a decent number on himself!
Hope he gets better soon!

How are you getting oil through the push rod tube?...........Jeep lifters?

Yes, the Jeep/AMC lifters are exact drop in size for the Mopar lifters and are often subed in place of Mopar lifters without notice by many companys. You wouldn't know the difference in operation when running the engine.

Wow! I bet that hurt. Sounds painful just thinking about it.

1Wild, that's perfect for an A body or truck. No good for E body... they font use the biscuit isolators.

Yeah I was just looking at a 318 go bye bye from my yard that happened to have those e body brackets with thick biscuit mounts.

I would just [after letting mount sit in freezer] weld a couple of interlocking tabs on.

Got the push rods from Manton. They are a pretty sweet piece!!
The push rod pinch area on the RHS Heads WILL allow the use of a a 3/8's pushrod.

I ordered 3/8 push rods .095 wall with 5/16 Ball and Cup ends that OIL THRU so the Rocker Adjusting Ball and Push Rod Tip will have pressurized oil. Brian at IMM engines suggested this trick.

I ordered these at around 10:30am and picked them up at 3:00pm TODAY! That is FAST!!!

Here they are..

View attachment 112485

Thats cool but the rockers feed oil through to the adjusters which if using cupped push rods will hold the oil and the rest draining back down the valley and down the push rods will oil the lifter cups along with the lifter dipping below the lifter bore allowing even more oil to pour into the lifter cup.
And the bigger the cam, the more the lifters dip into the lifter bore due to the base circle getting smaller.
Never burnt a cup.

For those of you who want to run Cometic MLS GASKETS with the RHS HEADS can now!!

Read Below:

Well I finally heard back from Kevin at Cometic. They have changed their Die to work with the INDY/RHS X Heads as of yesterday and are ready for production. I really bugged the crud out of them about 5 weeks ago. The last thing he told me was he could not do it. Butttttttt............

Just got the email yesterday and they are ready to go from .027 Thickness and up..........

I hope this helps some of you guys.......my efforts will hopefully pay off for some of you here....

What was the issue of running the Cometic's before? I wonder if the EQ heads like mine have the same problem? I was originally planning on using Mopar perf. gaskets but I got a deal on a 100 hp nitrous kit in the works so I am thinking I should probably upgrade the head gaskets.

What was the issue of running the Cometic's before? I wonder if the EQ heads like mine have the same problem? I was originally planning on using Mopar perf. gaskets but I got a deal on a 100 hp nitrous kit in the works so I am thinking I should probably upgrade the head gaskets.

The EQ heads are fine to use the Cometic Gaskets. The Water Ports on the RHS heads were opened up a little bit bigger than normal. That was the issue with them.

not to hijack madart...but fishy, is it a dry or wet kit? when you get it on and tested out, let us know how it goes! SPRAY AWAY! LOL

not to hijack madart...but fishy, is it a dry or wet kit? when you get it on and tested out, let us know how it goes! SPRAY AWAY! LOL

It's a wet kit and it'll be quite a while (4 months est.) before I get it on if the deal goes through. I'm going to get started putting my engine together mid to late next week so I figure I might as well upgrade the head gaskets that way if I do decide to run NOS it'll handle it. Everything else in the rotating assy. will handle it so might as well get the good gaskets too. I'll post when I get it done. I was already planning on posting what hp the engine makes since it'll be one of the first I've seen that somebody has ran EQ heads on a stroker.

Adjusted the Valves again to make sure eveything was good, did some checking over of Valve Train etc. I mocked up the intake with the MP gaskets and all looked good. I put the silicone on everything and went to put the bolts in the intake and they didnt line up SOOOOOO I pulled everything back off and cleaned everything back up. Decided to measure the thickness of the gaskets and they were .075 thick. I had another pair of Mr. Gaskets for the intake so I measured them and they are .060, so Mocked it up again looked good so I re did the silocone and BAM it all went together. I am just about ready for the dyno. I will be making an engine dolly out of an engine stand using the lower portion of it toward the wheels so I can leave the headers on it for the trip on the road. I will try to get it done tomorrow.

Here is the engine as it sits now with everything just about done.

002.jpg

003.jpg

002.jpg

003.jpg

Two things:

You don't have to run the 90* filter set up with those headers. The shorter straight set up works well. Less chance of leaking that way too.

You have to pull the motor mount brakets off to get it on the dyno cart.

Looks really sharp.

Two things:

You don't have to run the 90* filter set up with those headers. The shorter straight set up works well. Less chance of leaking that way too.

Looks really sharp.

Yeah I thought the 90* adapter could come off. I like the idea of running a bigger filter, but I have some shorty's on my shelf. Could probably get away with a bigger filter why it is out of the car.

I was thinking that the motor mounts and brackets would have to come off.

Thanks for the heads up!!

Adjusted the Valves again to make sure eveything was good, did some checking over of Valve Train etc. I mocked up the intake with the MP gaskets and all looked good. I put the silicone on everything and went to put the bolts in the intake and they didnt line up SOOOOOO I pulled everything back off and cleaned everything back up. Decided to measure the thickness of the gaskets and they were .075 thick. I had another pair of Mr. Gaskets for the intake so I measured them and they are .060, so Mocked it up again looked good so I re did the silocone and BAM it all went together. I am just about ready for the dyno. I will be making an engine dolly out of an engine stand using the lower portion of it toward the wheels so I can leave the headers on it for the trip on the road. I will try to get it done tomorrow.

Here is the engine as it sits now with everything just about done.

View attachment 113012

View attachment 113013

lookin good!

I had the same problem with .060 felpro's... so I used victor syle .030 thick magnum intake gaskets and it went right on.

looks very nice! post up those numbers for us man!

Two things:

Looks really sharp.

Took off the 90* filter and used a shorty filter. I kind of like the idea of a bigger filter and that the oil filter is further away from the exhaust for heat purposes with the 90* adapter. I wonder if it makes a difference?? Also took off the mounts.......and put on the 90* hose from the pump to the intake. I will do the dolly tomorrow and post some pictures of it.

006.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

006.jpg

007.jpg

010.jpg

lookin good!

I had the same problem with .060 felpro's... so I used victor syle .030 thick magnum intake gaskets and it went right on.

I remember you telling me that Justin.... I thought I was on EASY street this morning but I had a RUDE awakening on the intake deal.......cleaning up silicone is not my favorite thing to do. At least it was still wet.......haaaa

I forgot one thing. Does the filter adapter plate have 4 holes in it or have you drilled an additional 4 holes for a total of 8 in it. That will help the oiling system a bunch.

-
Back