Scrappin headers.

-

BWDart

Reaction score
I've had enough scrapin the road fixin leaks etc headman full length will meat the sawzall tomorrow goin back to manifolds
For sale headman headers some assembly will be needed ha ha

Yup, that's what I did also. if I run headers again, it will be the good behind the steering headers, like TTI. Hedmann don't fly too well on an A body, the passenger side crushes. I wish they would repop the 340 exhaust manifolds, I paid 300 bucks for a pair of used 10 years ago.

Brewer's has them...
Cool, they didn't have a lot of things even 10 years or so ago. I looked them up quick, a reman set is about $600. Not too bad. I was looking at mine and thinking, "what if they crack or something" I know headers will always be there but... I don't know how well the old castings will hold up, but I have seen more modern castings crack on Fords for example.

Yup, that's what I did also. if I run headers again, it will be the good behind the steering headers, like TTI. Hedmann don't fly too well on an A body, the passenger side crushes. I wish they would repop the 340 exhaust manifolds, I paid 300 bucks for a pair of used 10 years ago.

oh they repop the 340 manifolds.. at $600 plus the exhaust mods ya can go with a set of dougs and tti and not worry and out them hitting the ground too..:)

That's funny. I have long held the belief that if something is not a super hot street or race only, then it should get manifolds. They are way more permanent and trouble free. But I am probably fixin to put headers on my Ford truck. LOL

Go with tti or dougs!

I have hookers on mine and they have always leaked at cylinder 1. They also bottomed out regularly until I cranked up my torsion bars. Now I have aluminum heads and intake and the battery in the back so the headers are way off the ground now.

Why would you spend $600 on a set of repops when you can buy the 340/360 manifold sets I sell for only $320 plus shipping?? My manifolds are both 2 1/4" exit hole and they come painted with high heat paint.

treblig

manifolds are the way to go. Install them, then forget about it. Problem solved!

Why would you spend $600 on a set of repops when you can buy the 340/360 manifold sets I sell for only $320 plus shipping?? My manifolds are both 2 1/4" exit hole and they come painted with high heat paint.

treblig
Honestly,

The main reason I would pay $600.00 for a set of repops vs $350 on ebay is the availability. Sometimes the money is not the issue it is the "I want it now" mentality and if shipping is an added factor, for a few bucks more new is better for an "not orginal car."

I put a set of shorty headers on my son's 360, they performed well and sealed very well. I am building another 360 for my Duster and will put another set on it.

hmm, that's funny , after 3 1/2 years of daily driving my duster , never once did my hooker long tubes touch the ground.

what shorties? TTI ?
what shorties? TTI ?
On my son's engine I put Headman #78500 painted black, the black paint came off quickly, on my engine I choose stainless 318 340 360 Small Block Chrysler Block Hugger Headers by Racing Innovation and Supply, I have not installed them yet, the block is about to go to the machine shop.

I want to try the TTI shorties. They really look like the ultimate street header. So expensive though......

I just went through putting hookers on my 72 scamp with 73 kmember (for disc brakes). Trust me when I say it is a pain. Raise the engine, take off steering components, take off power steering pump. Just to get them hung. Nevermind that my buddy snapped a stud and then an extractor, then we rounded off another extractor and it had to go the shop anyways. Only to find out half the mounting holes were helicoiled and in **** shape.

In the end, 6 hours and half the front end disassembled just to get them hung. That doesn't include taking off the old exhaust, or the fact that they don't line up with the exhaust channels underneath. Which will require some interesting fabrication/welding. I HIGHLY suggest you don't snap a stud taking them out.

I am so over the 1 size fits all 3 tube under the steering linkage headers.

-
Back