Sick Week....

-
Keep in mind too, they don’t open registration and publish the dates or locations for these type events until about 3-4 months out.

And then, in the case of drag week, most spots are taken in mere minutes, with hundreds wait listed. It’s entirely possible that some folks don’t get the word they are able to run the event until much closer to the event as people drop out. Frieburger talked about that at length during drag week.

I’m not buying it. Many go whether they made the cut or not. Some from what I hear are automatically in because of past performance. These guys drag their feet like no other group that I know. They laugh about it.

I’m not buying it. Many go whether they made the cut or not. Some from what I hear are automatically in because of past performance. These guys drag their feet like no other group that I know. They laugh about it.
Oh I’m sure some do. Especially those with YouTube channels. Adds drama.

But for guys like me for example, I’m in a thrash to get my dart done for Power Tour, in June. Odds are, it’ll be the day I leave before it gets broke in.

Oh I’m sure some do. Especially those with YouTube channels. Adds drama.

But for guys like me for example, I’m in a thrash to get my dart done for Power Tour, in June. Odds are, it’ll be the day I leave before it gets broke in.

Are you building a brand new combo or just freshening one. Why the long projected finish date. I would probably wear mine out testing it so I knew mine was ready to go.

Are you building a brand new combo or just freshening one. Why the long projected finish date. I would probably wear mine out testing it so I knew mine was ready to go.
Brand new. And because I work full time, 3 kids, plus reserve military commitments and drive 4 hours round trip a day to work and back. Plus the farm. Limits the time.

Why have they banned aluminum heads in so many classes?
Can't use them in Super Street, 275 Street Race, Street Race, Naturally Aspirated Street Race (Any version).
Just because you have aluminum heads shouldn't mean you have to race against million dollar 6 second pro mods.

I know you could just race Dial Your Own (DYO) index category, but c'mon... someone shows up with a stock suspension, steel bodied, big block Dart with aluminum heads (far from exotic) and you have to go up against 6 second cars?
I get that aluminum blocks would be exotic, but aluminum heads are a common upgrade on street cars.

Why have they banned aluminum heads in so many classes?
Can't use them in Super Street, 275 Street Race, Street Race, Naturally Aspirated Street Race (Any version).
Just because you have aluminum heads shouldn't mean you have to race against million dollar 6 second pro mods.

I know you could just race Dial Your Own (DYO) index category, but c'mon... someone shows up with a stock suspension, steel bodied, big block Dart with aluminum heads (far from exotic) and you have to go up against 6 second cars?
I get that aluminum blocks would be exotic, but aluminum heads are a common upgrade on street cars.
I’ll have to read the rules again but I thought it was aluminum blocks not heads being restricted but then again they also made it to where you have to have factory floor pans, no reproduction or hand crafted pans

-
Back