So how many years have you been married?

-
Zero :D. A couple years working in Family Law is enough to convince anyone it's "cheaper to keep her" as the guys say.

I have lived in sin twice though. 19 years with Mallory's dad, and these last 15 with Billy. Both proposed but ... nahhhh.
Same story here... But if I want to split up, Texas actually requires a formal divorce! Nuts!

I married July 1, 1972 and after two kids she was killed at 39 years old. It has been 25 years and I never remarried. Some long time relationships but not one that matched what I had for 23 years.

God bless you. Oct 2 1988 until Feb. of 2015 when my wife died suddenly at 46 for me.
Have several lady friends but thoughts are always with her. Maybe one day again but it will have to be the right dance partner & the right time.

God bless you. Oct 2 1988 until Feb. of 2015 when my wife died suddenly at 46 for me.
Have several lady friends but thoughts are always with her. Maybe one day again but it will have to be the right dance partner & the right time.
Man I feel bad for the both of you. The right one will come along. Took me 4 times to get right.

I know I'm not at the top of the heap, but was curious on how long has everyone been married? I dated my wife as a teenager in 1973, but we didn't marry until 1988. This December 27, we celebrated 30 years. So how many years for you?

We've got ya beat by 7 months (though we didn't wait as long to tie the knot) :)

Would you believe it was 41 years last June 1st. I had bought my Dart Sport the year before and it is still around, the car will be 43 in February if I remember correctly.

Well, I knew I was one of the oldest on here at 79 and I guess I may have also been married the longest. July 21st of 2019 will be 57 years and with both of us in pretty good health it will probably be many more!!

Well, I knew I was one of the oldest on here at 79 and I guess I may have also been married the longest. July 21st of 2019 will be 57 years and with both of us in pretty good health it will probably be many more!!
Your the hew high water mark at 57 years. Kudo's to the both of you.

Will be "celebrating" 48 years (with same wife) on 30 Jan 2019, went together for almost 2 years before we got married. Wife says she wouldn't change since she has me broken in - I say "broken down". Can't really complain though - she believes me when I tell her how much I've put into the Fish :)

Step-daughter (forty years-old) just got married (first time for both) in Juneau, Alaska on New Years Eve 2018/2019. Any of you "experienced" guys want me to forward some newlywed advice to the happy couple?

28 years on 1/15/2019 First for both of us. I was 29 and she was 26, we dated for about 6 months lived together for about a year before getting married on 1/15/1991

Send my congrats to the new couple.

A simple principle I learned many years ago is the 100/0 principle. Each spouse gives 100% expecting 0 in return. It works!

Step-daughter (forty years-old) just got married (first time for both) in Juneau, Alaska on New Years Eve 2018/2019. Any of you "experienced" guys want me to forward some newlywed advice to the happy couple?

I am the luckiest guy in the world . I married a car gal 38 years ago . Second time for both . LOves Mopars , loves drag racing , a terrific cook , great housekeeper , great mom AND puts up with my crap . She can tell a Hemi by the sound !!! Helped me put my BB in my Scamp . i'm crazy about her . One in 10 million !

Hit 39 years last November. 3 kids and 8 grandkids later, still workin' it every day. There will always be challenges, but if it's worth keeping it's worth working for.

Will be "celebrating" 48 years (with same wife) on 30 Jan 2019, went together for almost 2 years before we got married. Wife says she wouldn't change since she has me broken in - I say "broken down". Can't really complain though - she believes me when I tell her how much I've put into the Fish :)

That's a long time, congrats.

25 years, hey I'm still alive! I seriously think she saved me by staying with me. I was heading down the wrong road for sure before her.

-
Back