So Sick of Winter !!!!!

-

cwatts

Reaction score
Is anyone else as sick of winter as I am ? I had to pull the cover back off the Dart and have a quick peek just to keep my sanity. We have got over 120" of snow so far this year!!!

Attachments

• one.JPG
    101.6 KB · Views: 393
  • two.JPG
    93.5 KB · Views: 419
  • three.JPG
    122.9 KB · Views: 393
  • four.JPG
    102.5 KB · Views: 400
What winter? And what the hell is all that white fluffy stuff covering the outside of your house? I've never seen anything like that!:D

Nice, yesterday, but back to dreary, drizzle again today. Not much snow this year, but my arthritis marches on. NICE to be back on daylight time!!!!!

You had to take a peek? I started mine yesterday.

No more snow! We have had three Sunny mid 50 days in a row. Worked on the car some, all three days. I will start it the first time in five months this weekend. I can't wait to hear that sound again.

I have never experienced a winter like this one and I'm from Canada !!!!

Yes in a normal year Gaylord gets lots of snow. I lived a few miles west of there in East Jordan for about 7 years after growing up in Soo Canada and didn't feel out of place in the winter. You will have to get yourself a good snowmobile to get through it but when summer comes it is one of the nicest areas to live. Moderate temps, lots of great golfing and many nice lakes. I miss it up there.

Is anyone else as sick of winter as I am ? I had to pull the cover back off the Dart and have a quick peek just to keep my sanity. We have got over 120" of snow so far this year!!!

And that my friends is why I am headed to Cocoa Beach, Florida at 4am tomorrow. 2 1/2 weeks of no snow, sun, warm, sand and beer. na na na na na

Jack

I'm sick of the snow too. Michigan is not a fair weather state. I still don't know why I stay here. It wouldn't be so bad if once winter began to go away, we could start to see nice weather on a regular basis. But it stays pretty much rainy crappy till late May before you can count on steady decent weather. Makes for a short car season for sure. I even had the heat on in the house a couple of days last year in June:(

Speaking of beer Craig i can get a 24 of Canadian brewed in Toronto for 15 bucks !! Gotta love that. I still crave a nice cold OV though.

right there with you ready for some sun and warm weather to go out side and enjoy. we did not get as much snow as you but they said we got more than normal. oh and look out side it is snowing

That pic of the snow is great!!! I miss the Chicago winters, and then you guys reminded me of the very reason I moved to AZ.
I got sick of the that LONG winter/ rainy slushy fun.

okay i hope this brings a smile to your face
img_0970.jpg

img_0986.jpg

Minnesota is supposed to be in the fifties for a few weeks starting just before April. I'm hoping the snow will melt and I can get the beast out and fix a few oil leaks. Getting itchy now ....

Don't miss the snow one bit. Retired 10 years ago from Chrysler (CTC) and moved to southern Florida. Yesterday we mowed the lawn and did some yard work. This morning I went golfing. It was 68 at tee time 7:25 and it was 76 when we finished at 10:55 this morning.

Got a cold front coming in tonight. It's ging to be in the low 70's tomorrow.

You can have your snow.

I like the snow but it does get a little old especially when you only get some here and there and its not enough to enjoy like we do. I just got back from couple of days in Panama City. 78 and sunny Sunday but very windy. I look like a lobster.

In Gaylord you should try renting a snowmobile and go exploring. If you like it get your own. Used sleds are cheap if you get an early to mid 2000's model and they are comfortable and reliable. You can get a good 600 or 700cc Polaris for about $1500. That will help you pass the winter blahs.

We had our kids up at Christmas and we did rent 2 for a day. they have come a long way since I used to sled 30 years agao. Reverse,electric start,suspension, heaters it was a real blast. Love driving the Dart more though :)

Here is my wife's sons idea of a snowmobile :) He is also anxious to play golf

Attachments

• cart.jpg
    116.2 KB · Views: 342
  • golf.jpg
    131.3 KB · Views: 310
As much as I dislike winter, I'm not ready for spring. I haven't finished my over winter projects from 2 years ago.

-
Back