Speedmaster Black Friday deals

-
The Bare and packed CNC version come only in 68cc I would have thought at least 65s

The Bare and packed CNC version come only in 68cc I would have thought at least 65s
Safe to say the slight increase in cc is due to the CNC work on the chambers of the 65cc standard casting. Isn't that about .5 or so difference in compression?

Last edited:
The pics I’ve seen posted of the cnc SB heads didn’t have any work done in the chambers.

5B06584C-5A9F-448B-A342-FE176166E8D9.png

If they list specs such as intake valve sizes wrong, why would anyone assume the chamber cc specs are right? Like any aftermarket, or stock head, or any part for that matter you need to measure to know for sure.

lol.... I just bought a set of big block heads as well..... I've spent a ton this weekend at speedmaster79. wow.

lol.... I just bought a set of big block heads as well..... I've spent a ton this weekend at speedmaster79. wow.

Now you are screwed. Better order a big tach like mine, a dual quad setup like Jpar, and data logger like PBR and...and...you'll need an R block or a Ritter and...and...a stroker crank and...ill think of some more stuff you need and fill it in later.

Dana 60, 9 inch converter, reverse pattern full manual valve body...lightweight drive shaft...roller rockers...

I'll get back to you with more later...

Now you are screwed. Better order a big tach like mine, a dual quad setup like Jpar, and data logger like PBR and...and...you'll need an R block or a Ritter and...and...a stroker crank and...ill think of some more stuff you need and fill it in later.

Dana 60, 9 inch converter, reverse pattern full manual valve body...lightweight drive shaft...roller rockers...

LOL.... :D Actually a really funny post ^^ Just talk'n with my son, instead of competing with him, maybe we build a hellcat killer together :D Skip 11's and go straight to mid 10's. Street mannered 3000.00 dollar 440, good converter, 3.55's = 10.60s

bought two sets of the bare heads and an intake manifold...figured they will never be this cheap again...

73 340 Duster heads need a valve job....one set will be assembled and put on it....the other will sit in the box.....good trade bait...MATS sale items...or sit in the box....bare head was 219. each...

Sounds like a budget build to me. Perfect start for a street cruiser. lol

Flow numbers for the unported SM SB heads, ootb:

Lift———in/ex
.100—- 61/49
.200—-120/97
.300—-176/134
.400—-221/153
.500—-240/164
.600—-250/168
.700—-253/168

Flow numbers for the unported SB heads, ootb:

Lift———in/ex
.100—- 61/49
.200—-120/97
.300—-176/134
.400—-221/153
.500—-240/164
.600—-250/168
.700—-253/168

What kind. On these post every post should have Head ID posted on them.

Just be aware..... you could get a head that might need something slightly more involved than lapping the valves in.

2C3DEAF0-C34E-4BE1-B1DC-168F7DBDD17A.jpeg

01E88D5F-EF1F-4433-A2AD-118B608AC91F.jpeg

This set is here to get some work done to them anyway, so it’s of no consequence in this situation........ but if these had gone to someone looking to do a “lap-n-go”....... they would have had to make an unscheduled stop at the machine shop.

F205BA10-E146-44F2-B2E6-409D6F08843D.jpeg

The big, w-i-d-e one angle valve job doesn’t really scream “performance”.

And in case you’re wondering........ no....... that raised lip at the bottom of the 45 isn’t really something that should be there.

Last edited:
Just be aware..... you could get a head that might need something slightly more involved than lapping the valves in.

View attachment 1715432690

View attachment 1715432693
This set is here to get some work done to them anyway, so it’s of no consequence in this situation........ but if these had gone to someone looking to do a “lap-n-go”....... they would have had to make an unscheduled stop at the machine shop.

View attachment 1715432696

And in case you’re wondering........ no....... that raised lip at the bottom of the 45 isn’t really something that should be there.
Thanks for the heads up. As with any out of the box head, it should be checked before installing.

View attachment 1715432690

View attachment 1715432693

View attachment 1715432696

Holey Seat chatter!!!!!
I thought it said 3 angle valve job on one of them...............must have been the cnc'd ones.

For the price, i'm not shocked.......ok i "shouldn't" been shocked.
Was this a bare casting or did it have valves?

With just a simple 3 angle cut should make a good jump in cfm.
are you going to flow it just like that at first?

I'm wondering which heads those are as well I don't have the name stamped on mine they're just plain not polished at least not to that degree...

-
Back