Spending less time on FABO

-
This place is the reason, nothing done on mine(lol!).

I know, right?

But, as a personal note to Mopar To Ya, I do wish you would reconsider leaving. I read your build posts with interest and I loved the detail that you went into on them. I can't say I was as happy as you with the results, (because it wasn't mine, lol), but I was pretty close. Honestly sir, your absence will be a loss.

Pssst, you should at least stick around through winter, the infighting gets real fun. Cabin fever or something like.....

Its pretty simple, If your not happy here leave. No need for the cry for attention thread, Just go. No we wont delete your account so dont ask, Just dont sign on anymore.

If you feel you can do a better job running a web site, Start your own. The internet is a big place. Plenty of room for everyone..

Also you are correct strokerscamp is a great guy with a wealth of knowledge,,we talk everyday and its a shame it was really a personal vandetta against him as to why he is no longer here..

Your right, It was personal. When someone comes in and ***** all over the site I built and have spent 9 years trying to make the best Mopar site on the internet, Disrespects other members and the staff I take it very personal.

Your right, It was personal. When someone comes in and ***** all over the site I built and have spent 9 years trying to make the best Mopar site on the internet, Disrespects other members and the staff I take it very personal.

Well, I helped a little I think..
admin.gif

And I think we succeeded... At least I think overall we have the best mopar site Members on the net.

You gotta take the bad along with the good I like to think

Nothing is perfect and **** changes

I feel the more the merrier for the most part, if a post ticks you off, just brush it off

Its the freaken interent, every forum has its clowns

All in all I still think this is the best Mopar website on the Internet to date. Just thought I'd throw that in the mix..... Carry on lol

Man hotlines hit the nail right on the head. I have numbed myself to the idiotic comments that people make. I enjoy learning and sharing my experiences with folks to maybe help save them some grief when tackling, or trying to tackle a certain issue. Maybe they should start " for A holes only " site where people who want to be dicks and argue can go and have a ball! There are always a handful of guys that always chime up and give me some great info, and for those I thank you. As for the others I always expect some stupid *** remark and it makes me laugh. There are some seriously talented and knowledgable guys on this site which always makes me come back. For the others I hope your cars run as good as your mouths do! We are all here because we are enthusiasts of a unique vehicle that most people cast aside and not view as potential. Sad that this gets forgotten by some folks with alterior motives.

I think I'm a neutral. I'm cool with everybody. I think Joey and the mods do a great job. I like it here. This site has helped me in every aspect of building my cars. Been here since 2005. I wont be going anywhere. :)

This is true. It just takes a few that are left unchecked to create a mess. I think the mods do a pretty dang good job of keeping things under control considering how many threads the site has going.

I agree with Oklacarcollecto; Sure, a few people criticize, snipe and display attitude, but they are a small minority. Still love FABO!

Road rage online, lol

Its pretty simple, If your not happy here leave. No need for the cry for attention thread, Just go. No we wont delete your account so dont ask, Just dont sign on anymore.

If you feel you can do a better job running a web site, Start your own. The internet is a big place. Plenty of room for everyone..

X2

BTW....on a personal note
This site Rocks!!!

This site is great I try to check in every day. Yes I am new here and do not have an a body yet but I am always looking. I have been on many sites that you can. It say any thing and you get hammered, Pirate 4X4 is the worst. I will not post any thing unless i feel it will help, or complement onthere project, some are things that I would not do but still read the whole post just to see if it gives me any ideas. I am one that try's to think out side of the, something like Swisswill with the viper motor in his Dart. Okay I need to shut up but this is one of the better sites I have been on !

Now on many sites, Superdart would have just earned himself a permanent ban for attacking the site's mods and admins..

But not here. Why?

Because we do our best to leave the lines of communication as open and fair as we can. Now, sometimes that means there are comments that are not the best. Sometimes, they only SEEM to be out of line for some. Other times, they are out of line.

Staff is in a difficult position. We dont want to be censors, and avoid doing so. I can’t tell you how many times I have seen someone say something, and it came out wrong or was "under-worded" so that it seems impolite. It happens a lot and can be unintentional many times.

Then there are egos, which can be and often are, bruised so very easily and also often unintentionally. Simple differing opinions can easily, through just one word, be turned into wars between the participants.

We aren’t perfect, and we don’t read each and every post. We just can’t. But in general, we really try not to ban people, delete posts because of what we "think" the poster was trying to say, etc. We try not to be parents here because none of you are children. I don’t believe it's the mod's job to sanitize everything posted.

Staff works hard to try to give everyone a place that is generally friendly, helpful and beneficial for all.

Joey, I am not saying anything bad about the site or you yourself. The site is fine. There is no way to police the issue as I see it. It is up to us to police ourselves. We need to remind ourselves that though we may not agree with what the last guy posted, we need to reply to the original question and not shoot down someones reply just because we don't agree.

We need to remind ourselves that though we may not agree with what the last guy posted, we need to reply to the original question and not shoot down someones reply just because we don't agree.
How many threads up up way off topic because of this? Kinda comical to see how far off the beaten path they get at times....

How many threads up up way off topic because of this? Kinda comical to see how far off the beaten path they get at times....

Heck, even this thread needs a four wheel drive option.

And this from a staff member. Way to go, it really proves my point, doesn't it. Thanks for helping solve the problem as your Mod status allows you to do. My point is not that I want to leave. It is not a slam against Joey or the mods. It is not about the lack of technical knowledge. I have absolutely no problems with any of that. My complaint is that we, as users of the site, get off track and don't stay on subject. Some of us spend too much time picking apart another's response to a post and forget all about the original post. So what I am asking, Adam, is not for your permission to leave. I am asking all of us users to be kinder, more helpful and encouraging. That is what this site is for.

This is my little rant. Before I came to FABO, I was restoring a Triumph Spitfire. My forum there was so helpful, and no one had any negativity about your posts or any weird stuff you wanted to do. They were there to help and encourage you any way they could. When I first came to FABO, I felt it was different than that but still very helpful. For the last few months I have been more and more disillusioned with every post I post or read. There is so much infighting among the responders that the original post is soon forgotten as everyone bitches about the other persons reply. It has gotten so bad that I rarely come on this site anymore, and I once used to love coming here. I am regretting my Gold membership and I know I won't renew it. What was once a great, helpful site has, for me anyway, devolved into negative infighting that I can't stand. If I wanted that in my life I'd spend more time with my kids. I know I can't be the only one to feel this way. Is it just me or do we too often get off the subject and pick each other apart?

You should have seen my help thread for getting me some parts. The insults just flew. Fabo sucks.It used to be a nice place to be,and before the economy tanked I was diagnosed with M.S,and posted about it. I had some guys offer to help by sending parts,and some even offered to come up and help get the car done.The topic went to 8 pages! Then someone (strokerscamp) started a help thread for me to get me some parts,but I ended up with only about 4-5 guys actually sending stuff,and the rest just insulting me. The guys that helped me were like me,disabled.So if you really,really want to know what kind of person is here,thier mostly the type that kicks you when your down.Probably the type that spits on street people.

And before you go ff saying Im a liar or faking it,I have all types of medical evidence on file with my Doctor to proove it. And my wife also has M.S ,got diagnosed before me

We are so screwed. But noone here cares,except for a few.

-
Back