Srt-68 Barracuda

-
the suspense is killing me I need to see this thing painted!!

More pieces shot with base. Re-shot fixed door. I love the metal in this paint. Should look real nice sanded and buffed. 12 coats of clear are planned, so there will be plenty to work with.

small items paint 001 (Small).jpg

small items paint 002 (Small).jpg

I love the metal flake also.....looks so sweet in the sun....you should see confusedcuda's micro sequin in his pale yellow.....subtle sweetness...double take neck twister....come over and look at me...is what it say's without a spoken word.....=P~

Nice work....keep em coming.

Mop

This going to be one sweet ride!Hope to see it at Carlisle if it's done by then.
At the rate your working, it just may be!

Awesome color choice btw!

So, the Rootbeeracuda's color looks awsome!!

You didn't need to paint it green as I'm green enough with envy for both me and the Cuda!!:angry7:

Keep up the great work!!:notworth:

Dave

More pieces shot with base. Re-shot fixed door. I love the metal in this paint. Should look real nice sanded and buffed. 12 coats of clear are planned, so there will be plenty to work with.

Egads, I don't have my P-sheets handy here, but wouldn't 12 coats of HS clear put you waaaaaaaaayyyyy over on the maximum millage that PPG recommends??? I think PPG recommends for say DCU2021 that the clear be around 2-3 mils, or 2 wet coats. I'd be too worried about solvent pops with that much millage.

If the clear is gonna be cut and polished, what difference would it make? I ask this because I dont know.

I would imagine cutting with 400-600 after 3-4 coats. Then another 3-4 coats clear would do it. The cut and buff.

I'm curious too...why 12 coats?

Even dozen.....that thing is gonna look like it's been dipped in plastic.

Yes, please tell us how you plan on working with so many coats of clear....I too am curious if it will even work or if you will have lifting problems.

Tell us why.

It's simple,actually. The way I butcher things, in the end, it will have about 4 coats left. Still thick enough to work over again when some idiot has his/her way with it. I've never experienced a lifting or popping problem in the past, but since you guys have brought it up, it'll probably be a disaster--you have only yourselves to blame...

The beatings will continue.

Here's what's left of the 12 coats on The Dart.

carlisle 058 (Small).jpg

terrible! You can see people in the reflection....just terrible!!!

you da man!

Aloha

What does that equil, about 2 gallons of clear, at about $400 per gallon, so $800 in clear alone. You are da' man!

Dammit I wish I was where you are at right now.

Great thing is I'm stealing some of your sweetness techniques for my own sweetness. =P~

Keep it coming man.

Damn that car is going to be awesome. Great work as usual

Better keep on it.....I had to go down to the shop today and help install my windshield as they are to friggin busy??????

I also installed the A-pillar moldings the between a-b molding and the b moldings after I helped install then clean the windshield.

I wish I had some help like you got...hell you would do in a pinch8):thebirdm:=P~.

I swear if you get done before me you will be drafted into the finish the fat blue fish army and I will be driving the buss up to pick you up.

I'm quitting my day job again Friday to keep on the man and get it done......I thought if I paid for help it would make a diff......not.

Boys, get it together.....they will work on Mustangs and Camaro's all day long and never *****...bring em a mopar and its over...how do I install the windshield? Why is the weatherstrip so different? Why can't this be like a camaro?

Cause its a nice car....not some POS.

Mop

-
Back