Srt-68 Barracuda

-
I am COMPLETELY sick of this. Knee is getting better, but yesterday I pulled out my back and pinched a nerve.

My son had to put on my socks and shoes today--how humiliating is that??

1 step forward, 2 steps back--I'm tired of the cliches'.

Getting treatment, and with a little help I may get the engine in this weekend--we shall see.

SHOOT ME!

In the back.

Now.

That cart made me think of a friends current project.
GO_CART7-1.jpg

go_cart9.jpg

Yes, it is for real, though it is intended to be an advertisement/demo piece for his business.

Hey hope you are feeling a lot better. How is your back feeling. I will keep you in my prayers for a speedy recovery. I know everyone wants your baby done but health comes first. God Bless Brother.

your car is a thing of beauty

hope you are better soon

i feel urr pain,,, i drove to n,c for the 4 wide race,, and not sitting in the car and grand stands properly i aggravated a inflamed disc in my back,,doc say every one over the age of 30 has it,,,,,its inflamed and has my knee in pain,,,, rolling around up grading my fuel system,,,pump and line,,, has me saying W THE,,,,,, you know

All new stuff.....fitment issues mirror the original. Pain in the ***, but there is nothing we can do about it. Bolt it on.

rear trim 005 (Small).jpg

rear trim 006 (Small).jpg

YAYYYYYYYY! He is back!!!!! Looking good. Is that a different color on the outside of that trim piece?

Yea it's enough to drive you nuts......it is what it is...my wife's 69 is like that...pisses me off :angry7: I got lucky cause my 67 is 3 piece and you can re-drill holes....it lines up...well it's tolerable.

It still looks sweet and anyone that knows the issues with 68-69 wont care.

3 thumbs up....good to see you back.

Mop.

PS....look what me N my son created over winter

100_3155w.jpg

Bumper on and plate--starting to look like a car. Front bumper is ***-brand new--does not fit--not wide enough. Somebody will catch hell tomorrow about that. Progress nonetheless.

rear trim3 001 (Small).jpg

rear trim3 002 (Small).jpg

Way too much for something that doesn't fit.

MOPAR Authentic Reproduction Part. Somebody needs to grow a brain.

Original bumper was too thin to restore, so I purchased this one.

On to the next problem..... Time for a cocktail.

the part that pisses me off is that this bumper is a "Mopar Authentic Restoration Product" - Junk! Oh well, a good productive day anyway. Now it's time to go put some miles on the Duster.

Wow, is that re-pop bumper against the body on the sides? How the hell could they mess that up?

Anyway. Front and rear bumpers are the same on 67-69 Barracudas so you have twice the chance of finding a good one.

Wow, is that re-pop bumper against the body on the sides? How the hell could they mess that up?

Yes it is my friend. We had the same questions as you, however we may have used some more creative lanuage. The chrome looks great! Then after installing the brackets on the correct side, we thought that we were on to something. After adjusting everything 27 different ways from Sunday, then we pulled the old OE bumper out of stock. Placed them side by side and sh*t! As said before, it's ***. Maybe David got the prototype.

So we did some stuff to my ragedly ol" Duster and went about our day.

ps: how was your ride home David?

kinda weird,,most custom builds they narrow and tuck in the bumpers,,,yours seems to be a little to tucked innn,,,is there a width diference in the 3 years of that gen barracuda?? 67, 68, 69 ??

is there enough meat to grind out the ends for clearance??? and re chrome??? sucks but its just a thought

67 through 69--identical front and rear. Called the supplier this morning. They said to throw it in the trash and gave me a refund--the tooling was all wrong, and they don't expect to get it right for another 4 months.

Sucks to be them...

I'm gonna try to stretch this one, and if i ruin it, oh well.

some how i think you will be the first one to invent the perfect bumper stretcher,,,, good luck,cant wait to see what you have up your sleeve

-
Back