stock 1969 340 dart wheels

-

dbphemi

Reaction score
Anyone know what size rims and back spacing came on a 1969 Dart Swinger 340? When I bought my car it had some aluminum slot rims that rub the rear quarters . I'm trying to figure out what kind of rims I want to put on it. i like the way the stock steel wheels look. Any info would be great. thanks fabo

I agree 14 X 5.5. With a rim that skinney who really cares about back spacing!!!! If you really need to know, I have a set on my old 66 Dart and can check for you!

Attachments

• Epp on the wheelie bars at Norwalk running 9.60's.JPG
    99 KB · Views: 648
here is the difference look wise..

DSCN6676.jpg

DSCN6678.jpg

DSCN6677.jpg

DSCN6679.jpg

10-4 thanks! I knew that the rims were wider just wasn't sure how much.I'd kinda like to have the stock look but get the maximum with that will fit without altering the suspension .

I agree 14 X 5.5. With a rim that skinney who really cares about back spacing!!!! If you really need to know, I have a set on my old 66 Dart and can check for you!

if its not too much trouble id like to know just for identification purposes. thanks !

might be worth thinking about 15" steelies.

Easier to find tires and they look great. here's my 68 GTS w/ 15X8 rear

Dart005.jpg

15X7 front

IMGP0839.jpg

It looks like a couple of places are repoping stock steel rims. I'm thinking i should wait till I get the back end of my car together throw on some of the skinny stock tires I have laying around and measure my car to see what I can fit in there. It would suck to buy new wheels and have them rubbing like the old ones! lol

If your Dart has been fitted with 4.5" bolt pattern hubs and axles, even the 15 X 7 cop car wheels will fit if you're careful about the size tires you run. A friend of mine runs those very wheels with 225/50s on his Dart 4 door, but I don't know what brand or model the tires are. That said, I've been hanging on to a set of 14" ralleys, complete with caps and rings, just in case I find a nice Dart to put them on.

Those were made by a guy in the Northwest. They are SBP centers with 15" hoops welded on and powder coated. The BS is either 4.25 or 4.5", can't remember.

You're not the first one to do this. The guys who make these wheels know what fits, as long as the car is stock. (stock rear end) They were ~$100 each + shipping.

PM me if you'd like his contact info.

PK

I'm thinking about buying the hotchkis rear spring set up for abodies. not sure how that will effect tires size. Its supposed to lower the ride height an inch. I like the idea of 15 inch wheels but I figure if I'm gonna go that route I might as well go to big bolt pattern so I can get the good brakes. Too many choices and not enough money! lol

-
Back