Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Well, I'm gunning for 600 hp and the gear ratio choice is severely limited for the 741 casing.

I only have 1 spare 489 center. Bet it would be $$$ to ship to you. What ratio you thinking of going to?

T case done. just hanging on unti 2:00 to get the generic e brake adjuster and install it. 5 minutes.
stock adjuster, i wont even attempt to tighten it.

then into house to tear off some more drywall.
You know, expose the plumbing...

see how i set myself up there??

So my painter has been explaining for two weeks he would paint car tomorrow it is next etc etc. Drove over to his shop today, car still in primer. He explained he got behind again and I was only two away from paint. I am very frustrated. I simply turned my back on him and walked away, I just could not even speak. Nothing I could say would help the situation. Driving back to North Dakota I have made a unemotional decision. If Demon is not painted by Dec 1/I will trailer it home and paint it myself in my shop. I am loathe to do that as I have painted several at home and I am just not set up to do it. I really wanted a better job on this one. My tolerance for being jerked around has met its end. I am a patient guy and had you told me I will paint it 12/1 I would be fine. But to continually be told I am painting it tomorrow and not paint is just plain wrong. Thanks all for letting me vent.

So my painter has been explaining for two weeks he would paint car tomorrow it is next etc etc. Drove over to his shop today, car still in primer. He explained he got behind again and I was only two away from paint. I am very frustrated. I simply turned my back on him and walked away, I just could not even speak. Nothing I could say would help the situation. Driving back to North Dakota I have made a unemotional decision. If Demon is not painted by Dec 1/I will trailer it home and paint it myself in my shop. I am loathe to do that as I have painted several at home and I am just not set up to do it. I really wanted a better job on this one. My tolerance for being jerked around has met its end. I am a patient guy and had you told me I will paint it 12/1 I would be fine. But to continually be told I am painting it tomorrow and not paint is just plain wrong. Thanks all for letting me vent.
I would be tempted as well. Pick it up and wait months to pay him for the work done so far. "I'll pay you tomorrow"

Not changing the rear end is a bonus in several parts ways. I suppose I can go with the one I have and see if it holds up.

Are you gonna be running wide, sticky slicks?
Good question. 600 horse and a 8 3/4 regardless of carrier might be a push. Especially if there's traction involved. Pettybludart ended up with a Strange S60 (Dana 60) in his 408/ 1966 Dart. The 8 3/4 wouldn't handle the power. It's a drag car though.

25659581_10156765734774918_1881386008025261929_n.jpg

Good question. 600 horse and a 8 3/4 regardless of carrier might be a push. Especially if there's traction involved. Pettybludart ended up with a Strange S60 (Dana 60) in his 408/ 1966 Dart. The 8 3/4 wouldn't handle the power. It's a drag car though.

View attachment 1715428871
I went Dana 60 as well. My 440 will be pushing that 600 figure as well. You could build an 8.75 and on street tires, I think it’s hold up with a 489. I don’t think the 741 will last as long but something to consider is that there’s guys making the Ford 9 inch handle 8-9 hundred HP. And the pinion on it is even smaller than the 741

I went Dana 60 as well. My 440 will be pushing that 600 figure as well. You could build an 8.75 and on street tires, I think it’s hold up with a 489. I don’t think the 741 will last as long but something to consider is that there’s guys making the Ford 9 inch handle 8-9 hundred HP. And the pinion on it is even smaller than the 741
Smaller but a extra pinion bearing. That's what makes the 9" so strong.

View attachment 1715428871
The other question is what transmission and how hard of shifts? A manual trans is generally gonna transfer more power and more shock to rear end than an automatic where you lose 15-30 percent of the power. So in theory you may only be seeing 480-520 hp at the rear wheels versus the 580-600

Vent all you want for me, and you are indeed patient. I would probably gotten it out of there long time ago.

Bill

I feel for you,Man!
“Im coning with my trailer dec 1st and taking it home, painted or not”

-
Back