Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I knew a girl in high school that used to dye her hair all sorts of outrages colors, changed weekly it seemed. Asked her once if she dyed the carpets to make the drapes. Should have seen the look I got .

I think what Tim is saying is that squarebores often have a slightly different front to rear thottle bore. Its just not as extreme as the Thermoquad and Quadrajet's.
Ahhh that’d make sense

So my best buddy Julie has a little party going on tonight, winter wonderland theme.

So people are going are going to be there with blue dyed hair (not me). Blue lipstick is the in thing ( I will do that)

every one is asked to dress in white or light blue......prolly use some glitter spray.

Might find @Ben Drinkin at Ihop at 3AM LOL
I'll save you a seat! No promises on bacon being left!

I knew a girl in high school that used to dye her hair all sorts of outrages colors, changed weekly it seemed. Asked her once if she dyed the carpets to make the drapes. Should have seen the look I got .

rusty roof.png

I think what Tim is saying is that squarebores often have a slightly different front to rear thottle bore. Its just not as extreme as the Thermoquad and Quadrajet's.
Exactly! :thumbsup: Square bore means, the center line of all four ventures, form a square. Spread bore, the rear two ventures center lines will not line up with the front two,
Square bore can have what ever size difference ventures, but the centers still line up.

They’re only 15 each lol. I’m not in a hurry to get them. Just want to figure out which it is. Getting frustrated with this
You have all the tools to figure it out right there!
Take the adpater you have, see what fits

You can use Summiit's website which lets you pick by manifold and carb bolt pattern or measurements.
Carburetor Adapters

https://www.summitracing.com/search...retor-bolt-pattern:4-bolt-5-5-8-in-x-5-1-8-in

Or just get an AFB you're not in a rush.
AFB Carburetor | eBay

My other friend just left and took her cat and dog. So I am done pet sitting. Finally got the cat out of the living room, and the dog out of the shed.

Time to get ready to dance :)

So my best buddy Julie has a little party going on tonight, winter wonderland theme.

So people are going are going to be there with blue dyed hair (not me). Blue lipstick is the in thing ( I will do that)

every one is asked to dress in white or light blue......prolly use some glitter spray.

Might find @Ben Drinkin at Ihop at 3AM LOL
So you can find him... Winter pics of @Ben Drinkin before drinks.(especially if he worked that day)
36169f2dff0734785b424834816098a9.png

and after a 'few'...
upload_2019-12-6_22-13-22.jpeg

here's a 'competition' series. Looks like it has both bolt patterns. supposedly a 625 cfm - which is plenty for your 318. Could check the number on it.
Carter AFB 4 barrel carburetor - Competition Series 625 CFM | eBay

or you could pick up a mopar one., I'd look for something pre-68 so you don't have to deal with CAP/CAS calibrations and restricted adjustments.

Brazilian, I've heard of that! I get your :lol::lol:
A Brazilian is like wearing a toupee on a bald head. No point to it at all.

Either go with the full beard, long or short...or go totally bald...and just stop pretending it’s a “look”.

:p

I would have never known what Brazilian means had it not been for Glenn Quagmire, warping children's minds everywhere.

You have all the tools to figure it out right there!
Take the adpater you have, see what fits

You can use Summiit's website which lets you pick by manifold and carb bolt pattern or measurements.
Carburetor Adapters

https://www.summitracing.com/search/part-type/carburetor-adapters/manifold-bolt-pattern/4-bolt-5-5-8-in-x-4-1-4-in?N=manifold-bolt-pattern:4-bolt-5-5-8-in-x-4-1-4-in+carburetor-bolt-pattern:4-bolt-5-5-8-in-x-5-1-8-in

Or just get an AFB you're not in a rush.
AFB Carburetor | eBay
The confusing part when looking for the adapters is that the AFB and the Q-jet, T-quad spreadbores share the same bolt pattern.
Those spreadbores have huge secondary throttles - its pretty obvious in the photos if the adapter is for a spreadbore.
or call.

yeah I still have it. Pic attached

I think the edge rocks use the AVS spreadbore style. I really don’t want to buy a new carb when I have this brand new Holley already.

Reading on the poly Facebook page that some people had to use a Rochester to Holley adapter to get things to line up. Something about bore centers.

View attachment 1715434126
Actually don't see how this will work.
fe436980-6d6c-4cb6-b9d5-da18cb291e7d-jpeg.jpg

Its made to use the early WCFB pattern to either of the later patterns.
Seems like there's really not enough room between the AFB and the Holley 4150/Edelbrock...
Not much support for the washer and nut the other way ... maybe how the PO cracked it.

-
Back