Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Yeah I got a late start today too. All these days of laying upside down under the dash of this 51 Chevy are takin their toll. lol Mornin yall.

Morning everyone, just a dusting of snow. Coffee is going down good. Need to fill the thermos and get going.

Good morning! Yes coffee is going down good and it is raining and 60 degrees here on the hill this morning.
Everyone ! try and have a groovy day and turn on all the lights to keep us happy :lol:... Grow lights make me happy...:rofl:

Morning gang. Coffee time!
Morning.
Mike. Would do you think? We should get in on the 2020 penalty race. Seeing that few would hit their ET after penalty means the competition may be closer. It might be a competition not to be the furtherst from the ET. LOL.
You're car is ready to ready. My car is ready to run - although I plan to do some work this winter. Why not join in.

Morning.
Mike. Would do you think? We should get in on the 2020 penalty race. Seeing that few would hit their ET after penalty means the competition may be closer. It might be a competition not to be the furtherst from the ET. LOL.
You're car is ready to ready. My car is ready to run - although I plan to do some work this winter. Why not join in.
I poked around that thread a few weeks ago. I'll have to see. I'm awfully busy being retired and all. :lol::lol:

I poked around that thread a few weeks ago. I'll have to see. I'm awfully busy being retired and all. :lol::lol:
I haven't done the math yet this year. I did it a couple years ago and seemed like I'ld be way out of the league as it encouraged minimal mods and/or better suspension. But I'll probably run a couple times anyway this year, so why not post up.

Pellet stove was out. So i took the opportunity to clean it. Oh it was dusty inside! Lubed the motors and fired it up. The heat exchanger was really dusty so it should be more efficient now.

I haven't done the math yet this year. I did it a couple years ago and seemed like I'ld be way out of the league as it encouraged minimal mods and/or better suspension. But I'll probably run a couple times anyway this year, so why not post up.
where is the thread at ?

Got a few things to do today. Waiting on the Trailer Wiring Harness Kit for the Caddilac. Got an oil change for a Church Lady friend. Got an 06 E350 Benz with SES light on, and Valve cover gasket leak......

Nope I did not kill neighbors trees, I someone working for me did it....A day labor .
It is the law they needed to cut down that tree, they did not like it but big deal.....
Morning all

But....But...But.... I only own Big Block Mopars !!!.....:D:D:D:D
That's why I didn't call you and Ray out!
@Mopar Tim could run, Stephen's obviously is already in, Jaws IDK, Rani's running car is a slant as far as I know,
Dave could enter but he indicated he wasnt that interested in running his car at the strip
But the Mikes I know (a) have small blocks running (b) have some interest in going to the track

That's why I didn't call you and Ray out!
@Mopar Tim could run, Stephen's obviously is already in, Jaws IDK, Rani's running car is a slant as far as I know,
Dave could enter but he indicated he wasnt that interested in running his car at the strip
But the Mikes I know (a) have small blocks running (b) have some interest in going to the track
I can run the 66 for sure.

I can run the 66 for sure.
Do it Tim!
Have you been before?
You know they changed the reaction time a few years back?
Reversed it, so now it makes sense to most people who never ran the other way. LOL

That's a 318 in the '66?
Might not get hit with much penalty.
When Stephen takes a break from wrenching he could prob say more

That's a 318 in the '66?
Might not get hit with much penalty.
When Stephen takes a break from wrenching he could prob say more
Yes 318. 4BBl. Cast manifolds. 273 intake and carb. Smallish camshaft. 3.55 gears. SG 8.75

Actually think the 318 will do better since it has less penalty.
Maybe also easier to get off the line.
That was always my problem - getting a good launch.
Then the last time I went, due a combination of things, I could practically floor it at the line and no spin.
Unfortunately not much power either.
Wasn't getting close to breaking 14 and it should have been, even on the tall tires (215/70r14, not race tire tall but taller than my autox/track tires)
Seem to have that fixed now (more timing at the bottom, better exhaust) so should be 14 or under I think on those tires.

Actually think the 318 will do better since it has less penalty.
Maybe also easier to get off the line.
That was always my problem - getting a good launch.
Then the last time I went, due a combination of things, I could practically floor it at the line and no spin.
Unfortunately not much power either.
Wasn't getting close to breaking 14 and it should have been, even on the tall tires (215/70r14, not race tire tall but taller than my autox/track tires)
Seem to have that fixed now (more timing at the bottom, better exhaust) so should be 14 or under I think on those tires.
the teener in the GT runs real well....Might just run it at the track this year....

-
Back