Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
or is that chickensh!t 'cause its so petty.

Bet they make it a layoff. Depends what they think they can get away with.
Firing (ie with cause) lets 'em wiggle out of paying into unemployment. That was always my understanding.
But I think they get bigger problems if they try to cheat people out of unemployment by 'firing' when they let people go.
Maybe others here know more
When I had a disgruntled employee, or one that wouldnt work or fit in, I would make their duties so difficult , that they would quit. Save a lot of unemployment that way , over the years.....

Ruh Roh. Call HR again? tell them you're being retaliated against?
Maybe more like a call to the State...
Sounds like HR is not going to have his back
Assume there's no union here.
This why people formed unions - should be totally unneccessary, but apparently lessons of the 20th century have been forgot... :(

Maybe more like a call to the State...
Sounds like HR is not going to have his back
Assume there's no union here.
This why people formed unions - should be totally unneccessary, but apparently lessons of the 20th century have been forgot... :(

We are the only warehouse in the corporation (out of 60 warehouses) that is not union...

Depends what level the real problem is. If its at Supervisor level, HR might help. If its higher up, well they get paid for their ‘service to the company’. :BangHead:

The whole building is under the influence of the general manager... He calls all the shots, everyone under him is just a puppet...

When you call corporate HR, they turn it over to the general manager at the warehouse to handle and step down...

It's a big circle jerk...
jackoff.gif

Yup!!
Is that the same fellow who had what seemed to be the ammeter wired in reverse?
I'm sure you can fix that up.

In fact you could prob keep yourself busy with side work on cars and engines. Kindof like Mitch. Get paid for your knowledge and skills.

Yup!!
Is that the same fellow who had what seemed to be the ammeter wired in reverse?
I'm sure you can fix that up.

In fact you could prob keep yourself busy with side work on cars and engines. Kindof like Mitch. Get paid for your knowledge and skills.

Yeah, that car had a charging issue... I was over there in October on my birthday and we looked at it some... His alternator was overcharging... He took it off and took it to a rebuilding place here and he says that it's doing better... I also told him to remove the gauge cluster and check the wires under the dash to make sure that none of them are missing some insulation and grounding on the dash frame... Also check the connections at the ammeter to make sure that the studs are tight.. We also saw an extra terminal/wire coming off the ammeter that he needed to look into...

Yeah, that car had a charging issue... I was over there in October on my birthday and we looked at it some... His alternator was overcharging... He took it off and took it to a rebuilding place here and he says that it's doing better... I also told him to remove the gauge cluster and check the wires under the dash to make sure that none of them are missing some insulation and grounding on the dash frame... Also check the connections at the ammeter to make sure that the studs are tight.. We also saw an extra terminal/wire coming off the ammeter that he needed to look into...
Remember I was 95% sure the battery connection was on the alternator side of the ammeter and visa versa.
I might have saved that drawing.

Remember I was 95% sure the battery connection was on the alternator side of the ammeter and visa versa.

He has the wiring diagrams out of the service manual that I had blown up to 11" x 17" paper to make them larger and easier to follow... He knows how to read them and was supposed to check on those connections...

He hasn't called me to help him on it yet, but knows I'm here to help if he needs me...

pretty sure its wired something like this.
Might be a mix up at the bulkhead if not right at the ammeter.
Get it straight and it should be good to go.
upload_2020-1-10_11-52-23.png

That's why I didn't call you and Ray out!
@Mopar Tim could run, Stephen's obviously is already in, Jaws IDK, Rani's running car is a slant as far as I know,
Dave could enter but he indicated he wasnt that interested in running his car at the strip
But the Mikes I know (a) have small blocks running (b) have some interest in going to the track
And my 65 with the electric drive motor goes about 1 mile/week:lol:

Yep...

The day I made the phone call I had to face off against 4 supervisors in the office... One of them actually committed what I can prosecute him for simple batter against me...

Ever since then they give me a time limit for me to unload the trucks... Some of the times are unreasonable... If I don't make the time they call me into the office and tell me I'm not working hard enough, even if I have reasons for not getting things done: like having to wait for the bulk puller to get off the overhead crane that we both need to do our job... Or that I try to take the time to unload the stock properly so I don't damage it, have a near miss, or tip the forklift over by taking too much weight... But that's not good enough reason for them...

They accused me of only packaging three orders in the structural department within 2 1/2 hours which was total bs... I told them to pull up the video and see - of course they refused because the video would have proven that I was right.. I deburred and packaged all the orders that were backed up in the structural department by the end of the shift and stood around for 10 minutes at the end of the shift looking for something to do...

They also accused me of not packaging in truck order that day when I was... Funny, none of the others that have deburred and packaged in structural have been told or written up for not packaging in truck order... Hmmm...

They called me in the office two weeks ago and told me that it's my final warning before termination... I have not even been given time off yet/suspended, but I'm one step away from getting terminated....

They have a witch hunt on for me and are trying to get rid of me...

It will be a relief if they do walk me out as I won't have to put up with their bull **** anymore... Then I can collect some unemployment on them and take some CAD classes for a while....

They also got rid of a few other veterans in the last week for similar reasons... One guy was only one month from being vested for pension... That guy is the brother of the guy that taught my youngest son to work on motorcycles...

Then they wonder why they are understaffed and are having trouble finding workers....

I'd keep HR in the loop about what's going on but if theyre after you theirs really nothing you can do except make as much noise as you can and take a few of them with you or just keep your head down and exit quietly. I don't believe in karma but maybe theirs something better for you down the road.

Got the motor mounts on and have been doing parts runs. I may look at changing the penalty on the strokers as the year goes by. Just not enough input on them. We heard from -.2 to -.5 on them. Out of 4 examples it was even spread on the above numbers.

The whole building is under the influence of the general manager... He calls all the shots, everyone under him is just a puppet...

When you call corporate HR, they turn it over to the general manager at the warehouse to handle and step down...

It's a big circle jerk... View attachment 1715450480
Figured that was the deal. Seams to be the standard. Corporate doesn't want to deal with individual sites. Just count the money and celebrate their success wearing their rose colored glasses...
As long as he makes money, it's his way or the highway and corp will support him. So, in his effort to build his perfect little team what he really gets is a bunch of backstabbers. Backstabbers don't like people that make them look bad. So, they push all the good people out. The whole thing will eventually implode.

pretty sure its wired something like this.
Might be a mix up at the bulkhead if not right at the ammeter.
Get it straight and it should be good to go.
View attachment 1715450483
If I'm right, the fix could be as easy as moving the wire from the main splice to the other ammeter stud.
The loose wire could be spliced in,
upload_2020-1-10_11-59-35.png

or given a ring terminal if its long enough.
upload_2020-1-10_12-1-37.png

I'd keep HR in the loop about what's going on but if theyre after you theirs really nothing you can do except make as much noise as you can and take a few of them with you.

I think that's the best way for me to go...

I don't believe in karma but maybe theirs something better for you down the road.

I think I can do better also... :popcorn:

I have tried to advance there, but always get passed over... The last time a guy with less seniority got the job... So since there is no chance for me to advance there now, it's time to get out... :icon_fU:

However I do believe in karma, in fact it should be my middle name... If you push me around, you will get what's coming to you, even if I have to give karma a "personal nudge"... :poke:

Sometimes karma takes care of things itself and I don't have to nudge it along... :D

I have just locked in my position in a CAD class here that is on 90% of the job postings that I have looked at... I am not trained in that software, so I enrolled in a class to learn it this semester... I got the last open slot and paid for the class this week.... I start next Friday... :popcorn:

Figured that was the deal. Seams to be the standard. Corporate doesn't want to deal with individual sites. Just count the money and celebrate their success wearing their rose colored glasses...
As long as he makes money, it's his way or the highway and corp will support him. So, in his effort to build his perfect little team what he really gets is a bunch of backstabbers. Backstabbers don't like people that make them look bad. So, they push all the good people out. The whole thing will eventually implode.

You hit the nail on the head there... The general manager is the guy that started/opened this branch here about 7 years ago.... Everybody walks on egg shells around him, and he calls all the shots...

Thanks, I saved the diagrams if we need them... If he hasn't gotten it fixed yet, I can help him...
Awsome! Glad to be some help.
Ideal set up might be splice the wire from the bulkhead and run a parallel to the ammeter. Then there are two paths, one avoiding the bulkhead connector.
upload_2020-1-10_12-10-54.png

Equinox. Heater fan slows down on the highway.
Pulled motor out, doesent really feel rough or anything. Blew carbon dust out of motor and replaced cabin air filter. Seems to have solved it. Filter was plugged. Letting it sit outside for a couple hours,then try it again.

Time to change battery in fargo. Get it inside to warm up.

-
Back