Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
'67 close up
View attachment 1715522019

More cleaning and checking today.
Probably should replace this connector for the dipswitch
Although it still works and is only carrying power to the relay.
View attachment 1715522020
Its so melted I'm not taking the terminals out until I have a replacment connector in hand. LOL.

Didn't really want to take the accessory terminal off this way. But if all the strands are there better than splicing IMO. No slack so could not just snip and put a new terminal on. I'll have to put a strain relief loop in if it needs to be splice.
View attachment 1715522021
Have to love Mopar electric engineering....Al tho our cars have long lived past there designed life span.....

'67 close up

Its so melted I'm not taking the terminals out until I have a replacment connector in hand. LOL.

Didn't really want to take the accessory terminal off this way. But if all the strands are there better than splicing IMO. No slack so could not just snip and put a new terminal on. I'll have to put a strain relief loop in if it needs to be splice.
Do you need that connector?? I believe I have some extras in my stash

Dinner Time
IMG_20200504_184538.jpg

'67 close up

I have on if needed but not melted if that's OK.

We are supposed to have thunderstorms starting tonight into tomorrow. Im looking forward to them.
Well not to toss cold water on all this gardening and happy summer weather stuff but we got frost warnings this week. As bad as she wanted to plant the garden she waited. Smart girl! We plant a sizable garden then have mega canning parties! We can everything from deer and elk to chicken and gravy and just plain rice. And she makes all kind of yummy jams and marmalade’s. Canning season sucks but sure is good come winter!

Well not to toss cold water on all this gardening and happy summer weather stuff but we got frost warnings this week. As bad as she wanted to plant the garden she waited. Smart girl! We plant a sizable garden then have mega canning parties! We can everything from deer and elk to chicken and gravy and just plain rice. And she makes all kind of yummy jams and marmalade’s. Canning season sucks but sure is good come winter!
That's tough. Some stuff is pretty frost tolerant. Crinkly spinaches and kale.
I just brought in the Toy Choy. Actually pretty good. But didn't get a lot. The plants are really small compared to real bok choy.

Yep, we held off on planting also. We bought our plants this past weekend. Last year we waited until we wanted to plant and no body had the ones we were looking for. We had to run all over the place to get a plant here or there. We usually only can homemade salsa, and pickles. Some of what you can sounds awesome!

That's tough. Some stuff is pretty frost tolerant. Crinkly spinaches and kale.
I just brought in the Toy Choy. Actually pretty good. But didn't get a lot. The plants are really small compared to real bok choy.
Just tried bok choy for the first time last month. Damn tasty! I would like to find some and try to grow it, heck Im not even sure you can grow it here.

How the hell did that get melted anyhow? Corrosion?
I'm going to guess it was the time the headlight wires had chafed enough to ground on the edged of the buckets. really had me puzzled as the relay was already installed with fuses. Fuses didn't blow, but the lights kept going out. Low beams the worst. I stopped a service plaza on the NJT got some bulbs but that wasn't the problem!

Just tried bok choy for the first time last month. Damn tasty! I would like to find some and try to grow it, heck Im not even sure you can grow it here.
I dunno. Mrs F__ who's yard backs up to my neighbors grew something like it very early this spring - might have even done it over the winter. Could have been Chinese cabbage of a different sort. I'd ask her but she really doesn't speak English - I need to get a translator - either her dau or another neighbor of mine who knows a decent amount of Manderin.

I dunno. Mrs F__ who's yard backs up to my neighbors grew something like it very early this spring - might have even done it over the winter. Could have been Chinese cabbage of a different sort. I'd ask her but she really doesn't speak English - I need to get a translator - either her dau or another neighbor of mine who knows a decent amount of Manderin.
I'll see if the seed pack has anything useful..

Leroy might know Mandarin. @lilfontleroy :lol:
Cartoon_Mandarin_1.jpg

I haven't started planting. I want to fashion some planters, fill them with compost and soil on top. I want some raised beds. A bit easier on my back and help keep the critters out. I always put out our fern, palm, and a flowering tree. All those are hanging out in the living room. I'll get them out but it's supposed to frost here next weekend.

You see what the headlight connector looked like?
My recollection was that already was showing damage with age and the 55/60 W Hella lamps and then just made worse by the same incident.
upload_2020-5-4_20-4-52.png

The accessory wire off the key switch - I have no idea why that showed heat damage. Thinking about it - maybe from the add-on A/C unit.

-
Back