Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You see what the headlight connector looked like?
My recollection was that already was showing damage with age and the 55/60 W Hella lamps and then just made worse by the same incident.
View attachment 1715522136

The accessory wire off the key switch - I have no idea why that showed heat damage. Thinking about it - maybe from the add-on A/C unit.
Like modern cars, everything should be ran off relays....

You see what the headlight connector looked like?
My recollection was that already was showing damage with age and the 55/60 W Hella lamps and then just made worse by the same incident.
View attachment 1715522136

The accessory wire off the key switch - I have no idea why that showed heat damage. Thinking about it - maybe from the add-on A/C unit.
That needed a Crackedback headlight relay kit years ago. LOL

That needed a Crackedback headlight relay kit years ago. LOL
read carefully.
The big incident was with the relays installed.
Probably was tripping the breaker
repeatedly
Cause I had over an hours drive.
and each time it touched ground...
many parts of the Turnpike have no lights so can't get away with just parking lights.

:(

Split my garden in half. Sister planted her stuff first week of may, we planted ours 3rd week
Our plants came up around the same time,but produced better yields.
Ground was too cold. I plant when the farmers start seeding.

havent had a garden in a few years, this fall im building raised planters right out our back door.

Split my garden in half. Sister planted her stuff first week of may, we planted ours 3rd week
Our plants came up around the same time,but produced better yields.
Ground was too cold. I plant when the farmers start seeding.

havent had a garden in a few years, this fall im building raised planters right out our back door.
Thanks for posting that. I'm always curious about whether planting too early reduces yield even if they germinate.
Jonnys Seed has soil temperature info in it. Maybe I'll try to measure that in the future.

Mrs got a bunch of flower. Started planting some of them. Only have a few garden plants so far. None planted yet- put them in the garage on cold nights... really not planning to do a lot. I did put in 3 blueberry bushes last year. Just uncovered them and all look healthy.

Mrs got a bunch of flower. Started planting some of them. Only have a few garden plants so far. None planted yet- put them in the garage on cold nights... really not planning to do a lot. I did put in 3 blueberry bushes last year. Just uncovered them and all look healthy.
Me likey booberries!!
But wild ones cant be beat.
Working in the park, 60 miles or more of gravel roads you get into some pretty prime blueberry territory. Stop for lunch, go picnic on the rock and pick berries for dessert.

Thanks for posting that. I'm always curious about whether planting too early reduces yield even if they germinate.
Jonnys Seed has soil temperature info in it. Maybe I'll try to measure that in the future.
My experience is that in the Philly area, May 15th is the target date to plant. Odds are that even cooler than normal temps won’t last long and inhibit growth.

Of course, I usually germinate in pots indoors around the first week in April so they are ready to plant outside by mid-May.

My experience is that in the Philly area, May 15th is the target date to plant. Odds are that even cooler than normal temps won’t last long and inhibit growth.

Of course, I usually germinate in pots indoors around the first week in April so they are ready to plant outside by mid-May.
Couple chilly night end of this week. Looks like we are good after that.

Couple chilly night end of this week. Looks like we are good after that.
I agree, by then it will be mid-May and the low temps will be past. Probably won’t see but one or two nights below 50* after that, and even then they probably won’t be below 45*

The coldest Spring I ever saw in the 50 years I have lived in this area never saw temps below 40* after May 15th. And that was a freak cold Spring that never happened again.

I agree, by then it will be mid-May and the low temps will be past. Probably won’t see but one or two nights below 50* after that, and even then they probably won’t be below 45*

The coldest Spring I ever saw in the 50 years I have lived in this area never saw temps below 40* after May 15th. And that was a freak cold Spring that never happened again.
Yeh, I have always used the 15th as the target. Can sometimes plant up to a week ahead based on extended forecast, but more than that is throwing the dice with our yo-yo weather. Nice day's like last few, I'll bet some jumped the gun... I have put tomatoes in a little earlier some years and then put a 5 gal bucket over them on cold nights.

First cup almost done just replying to overnight e-mails. I do it usually in the am when my brain is not fried.

Being born and raised out here Ca I don’t really “know” cold. I’ve been in the cold quite a few times but never really lived it. 7* is the lowest I’ve ever had to deal with. That was in Minnesota.

-
Back