Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
You find the dot?^^^^^?

I used to see dots every time I woke up....

075.JPG

So found a slight hiccup on my dart today. The center hub bore of the rotors, mustang II, are 70.3 mm by spec. The rims I ordered for this are spec’d to 70.6mm. Should clear right, nope. The wheels center bore tapers down from 70.6 to 70mm. Rotor center hub bottoms out about 1/4 inch from the edge. So I’m gonna have to find a place to turn down my rotors a little bit.

Yeah like people putting chevy hoods and LS’s into Mopars kind of stupid
That's stupid but more like " I drained my torque converter and I need a new plug. Where oh where do I find a new one"? I suggested a hardware store and he really didn't understand why a hardware would have a pipe plug. LMFAO

That's stupid but more like " I drained my torque converter and I need a new plug. Where oh where do I find a new one"? I suggested a hardware store and he really didn't understand why a hardware would have a pipe plug. LMFAO
Wow

What you should do, is go buy the plug he needs, then tell him you have one for 45 bucks

Speaking of stupid, how stupid would it be to put a 1/4 inch spacer on those front rims? Never been a big fan of running spacers though
Either machine components or a spacer. Thousands of race cars use spacers for their intended purpose. As long as you have plenty of lug nut thread you should be ok.

Either machine components or a spacer. Thousands of race cars use spacers for their intended purpose. As long as you have plenty of lug nut thread you should be ok.
I think I’ll stick with machining. Just gotta find a shop to do it around here

I would machine rotors....Have it like you wanted it....
Machine the wheels. Any wheel shop can do it easily. Then rotors can be replaced whenever needed without any extra work. Rotors are wearable parts, wheels aren't.

Success finally. What a total PITA. But we got it on the ground, hopefully truck shows up. Sending them to Chicago to get rechromed. Some serious lathe to spin that puppy, once they replate with new chrome they machine them back to round. To replace a bearing is just north of 20k so we fought them all the way vs torching them off, arghh. Time for a serious toddy!

F2897DE8-684E-4060-9784-6051081C0695.jpeg

Success finally. What a total PITA. But we got it on the ground, hopefully truck shows up. Sending them to Chicago to get rechromed. Some serious lathe to spin that puppy, once they replate with new chrome they machine them back to round. To replace a bearing is just north of 20k so we fought them all the way vs torching them off, arghh. Time for a serious toddy!

View attachment 1715696832
What is that thing?

What is that thing?
It is actually a pressure vessel, so it is filled with steam till it is very warm and rolls at varying speeds. A solution is then sprayed on it which immediately evaporates the free water, then we scrape the “dried” Potassium off of it. Creating a finished product ready to be milled and sifted to whatever granulation customer requests. It is one of a pair. We have several pairs. This set needed a new finish. It has been a long few days getting to this point. We literally roll two of these side by side at less than twenty thousands apart. Enough to suspend solution and yet allow dried material to pass. Apologies I went all engineer geek!

Machine the wheels. Any wheel shop can do it easily. Then rotors can be replaced whenever needed without any extra work. Rotors are wearable parts, wheels aren't.
The only tire shops around here are Walmart and tire barn and I wouldn’t trust them at all. Took my 99 ram into tire barn once to have an alignment done. 2 hours later the tech and the manager came up, perplexed. Said they got the front aligned, but were unable to figure out how to align the rear and couldn’t find any specs... It’s a solid axle, there is no aligning to be done.

anyway, I’ll call around tomorrow. I wouldn’t mind having the rims done but they’re a press fit center cap so not sure how that would affect that

The only tire shops around here are Walmart and tire barn and I wouldn’t trust them at all. Took my 99 ram into tire barn once to have an alignment done. 2 hours later the tech and the manager came up, perplexed. Said they got the front aligned, but were unable to figure out how to align the rear and couldn’t find any specs... It’s a solid axle, there is no aligning to be done.

anyway, I’ll call around tomorrow. I wouldn’t mind having the rims done but they’re a press fit center cap so not sure how that would affect that
Look for wheel shops, not tire shops. Wheel shops restore and repair wheels and most have CNC machining capability to recut the wheels once repaired. They may even be able to do something with the center caps too.

Look for wheel shops, not tire shops. Wheel shops restore and repair wheels and most have CNC machining capability to recut the wheels once repaired. They may even be able to do something with the center caps too.
Thanks. Probably have to travel for those. I live in BFE, just ask @Mopar Tim haha

It is actually a pressure vessel, so it is filled with steam till it is very warm and rolls at varying speeds. A solution is then sprayed on it which immediately evaporates the free water, then we scrape the “dried” Potassium off of it. Creating a finished product ready to be milled and sifted to whatever granulation customer requests. It is one of a pair. We have several pairs. This set needed a new finish. It has been a long few days getting to this point. We literally roll two of these side by side at less than twenty thousands apart. Enough to suspend solution and yet allow dried material to pass. Apologies I went all engineer geek!
Oh, potash?

Was the same here tonight...and daylight savings time is coming in just over 2 weeks when it will be light another hour later. Makes me feel like Spring is coming.
True that big D!

-
Back