Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Morning !

158481831_1733990793440896_5893695558122583329_n.jpg

So finally got a hold of the company that bought out whirlpool. It comes with a 6 year warranty. I purchased this from Lowe’s in May of 2019.

however, they’re declining the warranty. They’re claiming the warranty starts from the date of manufacture. Which was December 29th, 2014. So they’re saying my warranty has expired

So finally got a hold of the company that bought out whirlpool. It comes with a 6 year warranty. I purchased this from Lowe’s in May of 2019.

however, they’re declining the warranty. They’re claiming the warranty starts from the date of manufacture. Which was December 29th, 2014. So they’re saying my warranty has expired
They always have a loophole Chris. New owners and have no idea when it was sold so they go from when it was made since they have those records. At least they do that.

Last edited:
357 missed posts...did I actually miss anything?

Good morning All. Turkey day. This turkey is going to be carved up. Just checking in with everyone. Have a great day

They always have a loophole Chris. New owners and have no idea when it was sold so they go from when it was made since they have those records. At least they do that.
Yeah I figured as much. Which is why I was planning on the replacement as soon as it started acting stupid.
I can actually get a tankless water heater for the entire house for just about 40 bucks more. But it requires 4, separate 40 amp breakers on 240 volts. I’d have to completely rewrite the circuit and upgrade boxes to and all the wires. Not worth it for this place. Not when we’ll hopefully be in a new house this fall

Yeah I figured as much. Which is why I was planning on the replacement as soon as it started acting stupid.
I can actually get a tankless water heater for the entire house for just about 40 bucks more. But it requires 4, separate 40 amp breakers on 240 volts. I’d have to completely rewrite the circuit and upgrade boxes to and all the wires. Not worth it for this place. Not when we’ll hopefully be in a new house this fall
You have propan or Nat gas? The make them for that and sip gas.

sparky.jpg
They are pretty easy to fix, usually just three parts two heating element and a thermostat. Oh wait its:poke::lol:

You have propan or Nat gas? The make them for that and sip gas.
I’m on propane for heat. But the rest of the house is electric. To convert and have all that plumbed in is cost restricted too.

They are pretty easy to fix, usually just three parts two heating element and a thermostat. Oh wait its [
It’s not that. This particular model uses heating elements wit a built in thermostat. Because of such, the elements of they were in stock, would be 250-300 bucks a piece. A whole new unit is is 479.99.

Wow that hurts. I think I did the parts cleaner for under $50. Got to love technology!
Yeah. Granted it’s probably just the one element since we have hot water for about 5 minutes tops. But the cost is still too much to justify

I’m on propane for heat. But the rest of the house is electric. To convert and have all that plumbed in is cost restricted too.
Propane is low pressure and can usually be done with copper tubing. My gas water heater runs on a little natural gas in the summer but they ding you on the "gas delivery charge" and such. :wtf::lol:

I can see if he is moving in the next few years to plumb it all by code the line and exhaust is not cheap.

-
Back