Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Anniversary today. Took off work cause we planned to go to Christmas market in Philly. Had already kerboshed that idea on account of weather. Then I was going to stamp show in Lancaster today and keep tomorrow open if she wanted to do the market or someplace else. Wife slipped on ice yesterday. Didn't fall, but strained something. So basically I am hanging around doing not much in case she needs something... Guess I'm doing stamp show tomorrow. Which was actually my original plan... More Coffee!
Happy Anniversary to you both ! Glad to hear she is ok !

1671202420083.png

1671202441006.png

1671202464462.png

1671202526854.png

Morning fellers, 4deg here this AM. Coyotes are out in force today; dogs are going nuts. Just sitting inside drinking my coffee.

Trying to get a few things done this morning. Ted and I are cruising south this afternoon to get a barrel proof single malt from Cedar Ridge Distillery.

Cedar Ridge single cask.jpg

Anniversary today. Took off work cause we planned to go to Christmas market in Philly. Had already kerboshed that idea on account of weather. Then I was going to stamp show in Lancaster today and keep tomorrow open if she wanted to do the market or someplace else. Wife slipped on ice yesterday. Didn't fall, but strained something. So basically I am hanging around doing not much in case she needs something... Guess I'm doing stamp show tomorrow. Which was actually my original plan... More Coffee!
Sometimes we got to be flexible. City will still be here tommorrow, and the next day..

Are you hunting for specific stamps or just go and see what might there?

Just finished knocking down the filler, i should keep goung and mix up some epoxy. No, i need a bigger area ready to spray. And should have it masked and ready methinks.

So much for AC Delco.
Hopefully it works for a few years
1671210146413.png

1671210185734.png

and so much for the SMP spare/backup
1671210280803.png

it too was was made in the manufacturing capital of the world

1671210352271.png

Boo.

Sometimes we got to be flexible. City will still be here tommorrow, and the next day..

Are you hunting for specific stamps or just go and see what might there?
I like to plan which days I will be flexible, LOL.

Mostly specific, but always look for different stuff. I am collecting up to 2010 US Singles. Need a handful off stamps to complete the newer end of it, so that's my focus. Always looking for deals on early stuff.

I like to plan which days I will be flexible, LOL.

Mostly specific, but always look for different stuff. I am collecting up to 2010 US Singles. Need a handful off stamps to complete the newer end of it, so that's my focus. Always looking for deals on early stuff.
My buddy down in Dela City picks up old stamps for less than face value at some flea market he goes to regularly.
Might be a fun trip one day. I think its Fridays but will have to confirm.
When he couldn't get face value for his own collection, he now just uses old stamps to add interest to letters and post cards he sends. Maybe he even has somehting to help you out. I think he'd do that for a friend.

Keep hearing that more mfg supposed to come back to the states. But I sure ain't seeing it. :BangHead:
Even IF its true, the stuff in the warehouses has to be cleared out first.

Also with these older replacement parts, who knows if the stamping dies and machining is still to original spec... :(

Drizzle stopped. Time to point the bricks. Mortar is already mixed and ready to go.

My buddy down in Dela City picks up old stamps for less than face value at some flea market he goes to regularly.
Might be a fun trip one day. I think its Fridays but will have to confirm.
When he couldn't get face value for his own collection, he now just uses old stamps to add interest to letters and post cards he sends. Maybe he even has somehting to help you out. I think he'd do that for a friend.
Thanks, but I have more postage than I will likely ever need. Including a large collection I bought recently I probably have at least $2K face value that I don't need for my collection.. LOL I'm planning to open a 'store' on Hipstamp very soon...
Where is Dela City? I never see any 'good' stamps at sales. But I see others on FB groups posting some really cool finds. So it happens. :thumbsup:

Speaking of Chinese crap and postage, I might have mentioned it before - If you see deals on postage for like half price on recent issue stamps. They are FAKE! USPS does not discount stamps. There are millions of these Chinese counterfeits being sold. Has been really bad on FB lately. It's a huge loss for the USPS and we will just end up paying more to cover it.

Last edited:
Good morning!
today is going to be pretty damn good considering I scored at our local machine shop this morning
I am going to buy out everything in there.
they still have 1970s nos Holleys in the box as well as NOS EVERYTHING.

20221216_101329.jpg

20221216_101321.jpg

20221216_101313.jpg

20221216_101305.jpg

Keep hearing that more mfg supposed to come back to the states. But I sure ain't seeing it. :BangHead:
Word salad to get votes and distract from real issues. NOT political as it is all sides. No offense to anyone if everyone is at fault.

Firebird is out. Owner is happy with the 1/4’s being filled.
Brought 92 into shop. Think its done. Gas tank is leaking. Runs bad. Needs tires. I have a 99 here with a rusted out frame, scab a patch on it and weld plow on then send it!

Man could today’s date be any more historically significant?!?

First, the Boston Tea party rebellion happened
101st Airborne move into the Ardennes Forest in Belgium and the start of the Battle of the Bulge.

And yea most importantly cannot forget my wife’s birthday as that could trigger another war :rofl:
tea party was just a demonstration - normal sort of 'mob' action ratcheted up a little.

SLA Marshal's account, Bastogne, The First Eight Days is good history in IMO.
I highly recommend it. PDF here.

Funny I watched Battleground the other night because I don't think I had seen the whole thing in one sitting. It has some good points, but's hardly a historical account. Of not many movies are. Even A Bridge Too Far has at least one scene that make no sense and that's probably one of the better (bestest?). "Bring up the PIAT!"

Get your wife to read this
Mike
Who
Cheese
Harry
Alpha
Kenny
Body

Jeep front hub still fighting me. Stubborn bastard won’t come off.

-
Back