Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Man I do like all the mantle pix. I love to old wood styles. I tried to find a old carved Bar back for our bar but did not realize how much they cost. Holy smokes they were pricey!

Oh yeah. A vintage one can be insane. There was a modern build here for sale ... 3k.

Good am all. Speaking of boxes when I turned wrenches for GM at one of my fathers dealerships in Muncie, some one broke in over a long weekend and stole everyone's tools and boxes. Millions to replace. The snap on guy loved it. He got all his accounts paid in full and he sold us all new everything. We all joked he's the one who ripped us off. Insurance took the hit.

Last edited:
Tell you what I am very happy with that HF box for 299. Really decent quality and I have some draws full of pullers so lots of weight in some draws.

View attachment 1716042529
Mine is similar. Was a birthday gift about 10 years ago. Snap-on dealer wanted to sell me a new box, trade in was retail value on mine. I said no, for two reasons, it was a gift and a toolbox doesent make money.

Ray, the package may have landed! Tracking says its here in town. Wife will let me know

Man I do like all the mantle pix. I love to old wood styles. I tried to find a old carved Bar back for our bar but did not realize how much they cost. Holy smokes they were pricey!
That's what's nuts.
These people come in and don't even try to salvage the stuff for resale. it's just old junk to them.
There was a decdae or so in the 90s here where developers were gutting houses of this type of stuff at the same time theives were breaking into occupied homes to steal mantels, windows, dor knobs, etc for buyers - presumably out of state.

Magnificent!
1675273272983.png

Here's a bargain. Fire Mantle
First floor mantels here are just decorative and the center has the warm air vent grill with a register control and a second control to allow warm air to the front rooms on the floors above.
Working fireplace was/is second floor rear "sitting room" or back parlor. Cookstove and oven was in the kitchen below and shared the chimney but have seperate flues.

Those are a little more 'arts and craft' style with tile surrounds.

1675274016517.png

Last edited:
40 hours ago this fell as sleet, and its hard as a rock, today temp get up to 27 degrees, Mikie ain't going anywhere for a while, only shoes that work are rubber boots, tried two pairs of boots and it was a no go.

20230201_112921.jpg

20230201_112936.jpg

20230201_113007.jpg

20230201_113102.jpg

20230201_113039.jpg

Turned front hangers back to stock. Really don't know how much of a difference it makes on ride height this is in the modified location

20230201_102928.jpg

40 hours ago this fell as sleet, and its hard as a rock, today temp get up to 27 degrees, Mikie ain't going anywhere for a while, only shoes that work are rubber boots, tried two pairs of boots and it was a no go.

View attachment 1716042617

View attachment 1716042619

View attachment 1716042620

View attachment 1716042621

View attachment 1716042622
Good call, I fell yesterday and it was not good. It was like someone jerked my feet out from under me with a rope. It is slicker than cat snot out here!

-
Back