Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Ok completely off car topic, but I was wondering if anyone has ever refinished a cast iron tub themselves? if you did was it successful?
The porcelain. The right way is to have it stripped off and redone. Only guy I found doing that was out west and at that time he couldn't get the right formula for cast iron anymore.
The outside, I used Hammerite paint. The real stuff - I heard rumor its been reformulated - hopefully not true.

edit: I assumed it was a clawfoot. Nevermind.

Can't see it cuz I don't have book face. My first Mopar was a 65 barracuda 273 for speed car. It was gold. I think I paid $500 when I bought it around 1972 or 73
IMG_3838.pngI

IMG_3840.png

IMG_3839.png

Was a good evening. Wings werent that good though.
Car club meeting was good. Kim and I took over the T-Shirt inventory. So we sell the club shirts,re-order as necessary.

Now the discussion has started about having a metalwork,welding and bodywork class. A few sessions at different members shops.lots of interest. This may build into an annual class. Could be fun.

Hopefully I hold up a while there. Wife is coming, she must be excited told me to wake her at 0600! If I get through 1/10 of the swap area I would be happy. If you ever want to go there you need three days easily. Hell you got a camper park it here and it is 45 min or so there.

Just looked at the site...............Today thru Friday only, kinda different.
It is at Hershey park/giant arena, they want the parking back fast for concerts and Hershey park. That just started last year. Has to hurt the working people that cannot get off. Mostly pre 60 cars/parts but there are serious gems in there for us dirt cheap because of that. Wolfie even bought his own personal pump organ there!!!!!!!

Yeah I was thinking of taking a ride up there on Saturday, but obviously, that won't work. I would imagine like any swap meet first couple of days are the best, however the last day could be good as well for sellers who do not want to cart stuff back home with them.

It is at Hershey park/giant arena, they want the parking back fast for concerts and Hershey park. That just started last year. Has to hurt the working people that cannot get off. Mostly pre 60 cars/parts but there are serious gems in there for us dirt cheap because of that. Wolfie even bought his own personal pump organ there!!!!!!!
Makes sense.

There are a few vendors there I have dealt with over the years one guy called me last night said he has a box for me. He is a flathead ford guy and has a warehouse full of parts and knows what I do so he sets it aside for me when he gets it and I do the same for him. Usually just a trade since to both of us it is useless.

Yeah I was thinking of taking a ride up there on Saturday, but obviously, that won't work. I would imagine like any swap meet first couple of days are the best, however the last day could be good as well for sellers who do not want to cart stuff back home with them.
There are vendors there from all over the country and buyers from all over the world. Matt has a couple from New Zealand staying with them this show is usually half a Conex for them every year. Think this is the largest one in the world.

Morning guys...

Scott, that sawp meet is so vast... I only hit a very small section with the Hop and Wolfie when I went. Takes time to sift through everything

He askes me each year if I want to vend there, I just dont think I have the right stuff for it. Meters would do well, but just not enough old stuff to spare really. Talking teens to 40's mostly.

Morning guys...

Scott, that sawp meet is so vast... I only hit a very small section with the Hop and Wolfie when I went. Takes time to sift through everything
I wonder how many acres the swap meet area is 80-100 I bet! Chris what did you see two rows maybe?

-
Back