Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
To late got the radio in the underdash mount. Just saw it and had to grab it. The harness, extra bulkhead plugs and the converter $20!

Nice score Hops. luv the radio thingy.. I have an interior heater from Canadian Tire my father in law bought in the 60's. Found it in his basement

DSCF7697.JPG

same size tires 275/70 18's - black ones have a +18 offset where the original one were +35. New wheels are also 9" wide instead of 8".. I kinda wish the new ones had a trim ring.. (never completely happy...LOL)

Anyone working on your Mopar today? Think I will do something on The Duster. Only going to around 80F here. Not sure if I will try to get the carpet done or continue with the bumpers. Hmm
yes - still have some details to "iron out"

don't ya just love summer time.

went to the river and it is so nice but scary at the same time because the water level is high and its going to rain today

Good evening folks (if anyone is around).

I had a great afternoon with the GTS after the bug guys came over and destroyed the yellow jacket ground nest. I took her out for a 2 hour cruise, the weather was perfect. Sunny, 75° with a nice breeze.

First, I can say without a doubt the fender braces make a HUGE difference in how the car rides and handles. Much firmer cruising, over rough roads and cornering is night and day better. I would recommend doing it to anyone with an A-body that doesn't have them.

I also spent a bunch of time fine tuning the carb and timing curve. She runs like melted butter now. Nice idle, smooth off-idle transition and the same coming of throttle. The power curve is about perfect now.

Here is a clip of her idling in the driveway. Like any good music, it's best when you listen through earbuds or good speakers...:)

I would have never thought the fender braces would make such a difference since they are so lightweight and thin but wow

I took them off to work on the car on my 75 so I guess I need to make sure they return to the engine bay

I would have never thought the fender braces would make such a difference since they are so lightweight and thin but wow

I took them off to work on the car on my 75 so I guess I need to make sure they return to the engine bay
It's all about triangulation.

-
Back