Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Nah t56s are aren't that bad

Yes I do . If I'd ever win the lottery, look out

Eh t56 1000 bucks, clutch 500. I'm not sure what a quality converter runs these days, but I bet it's close to that
LOL you are missing a FEW parts in there! Bell housing, crossmember.....................

I dont know if you saw the Camshaft im running..
20170116_125443-jpg.jpg

I wonder If I install a trans cooler I will get better performance?
Cross check the chart I posted. It will only raise the effective stall by around 100-150 RPM if you can shave off 50° F.

A hot tranny runs around 250° and a cooler can only drop it around 50° (at best) and it will only change viscosity by around 7-10%.

Not enough to make the 2500 stall work properly in your application (since you are already at the razors edge cold), but enough to keep a 3500 well within the performance range by keeping from dropping below a 3200 stall when hot.

Last edited:
I dont know if you saw the Camshaft im running..
View attachment 1715055848
Yeah, way too hot for a 2500 stall when the engine is tuned properly with the exhaust you added. I'd pick a 3500-3800 converter to get the most out of it and add a tranny cooler to keep it in that range. I wouldn't go below 3400 nor above 3900. One could still get too tight and the other will be too loose until it's hot.

Yeah, way too hot for a 2500 stall when the engine is tuned properly with the exhaust you added. I'd pick a 3500-3800 converter to get the most out of it and add a tranny cooler to keep it in that range. I wouldn't go below 3400 nor above 3900. One could still get too tight and the other will be too loose until it's hot.
A good plan.

Jeez, it's gonna be 94° tomorrow with high humidity...ugh! Glad I got all the outdoor stuff done today.

I'm glad I got the garage door insulated this past year. Today the inside stayed at 74° with the blazing sun beating on the garage door all day. The surface temp read 118° on the outside of the door with my IR temp gun. Tomorrow will be another good test.

Aren't Mopar converters supposed to have the flywheel attached???

I don't see a flywheel on the one in the picture in the link... Are you sure that's a mopar converter or did they use a "standard" picture for the posting???
prob just standard pic.

Got some good info over in the small block area! I think I will get it worked out without a converter change, I hope.

Interesting info about gas pumps and their calibration/inspection....

How to find the pump that gives you the most for your money...

-
Back