Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
I sold bifocal safety glasses on the tool truck. The older guys bought them up. 3 or 4 different strengths. Uvex was the brand I believe.
I have a wrap style Uvex like that I find pretty good for most situations and have been what often use at the range. A more tradition style safety with bifocal insert from 3M sits on the table saw but I don't like the placement of the insert.

A friend sent this out yesterday with the following comment
I’ve been rereading my friend Brooke Blades’s book which is well researched and produced. Get a copy! I love the cover which shows some G.I.’s comfortably ensconced in a VW Kubelwagen!

upload_2022-6-7_9-7-55.png

I hear ya. Twisting my head and craning my neck to use the needed section of lens doesn't work for me in a lot of situations - same reasons.
I have a cheap presciption reading glasses for reading and any job that like brakes and under the car.
My old reading glasses are now about the right strength for the computer.

Interesting.
I have a set of $$$ progressives they talked me into but only find them useful in limited circumstances. Too much distortion and the head position thing for stuff like running the table saw and they're not safety rated anyway...
I've had progressives for years. First pair I hardly had any side view. Really sucked for driving. Took them back and went to a different place. They said part of the problem was as the lens gets bigger, the edge gets thicker and distorts too much. Got a different brand/type and a smaller lens. After using them for several years I recently went to Lensecrafters for a new pair due to insurance change and that's who my work deals with for safety glasses. Took a few trips back to get the safeties right. They never did get the regular ones correct. Went back to my other place and they said the lense is cut too high-has almost nothing for close vision.... Returned those and getting my regular place to make them. Cost is only slightly higher without insurance AND I may be able to send it in and get some coverage even though its out of network. Should have them soon, so hopefully they are as good as previous 2 pairs they did for me.

Good Morning

The damn skeeters are ferocious! More bites this morning than the last 3 years combined.

quick question for the group. To switch from SBP to BBP, I need to change the shafts, drums and backing plates? brake internals the same or all of that too?

quick question for the group. To switch from SBP to BBP, I need to change the shafts, drums and backing plates? brake internals the same or all of that too?
Good question. The backing plates need to match the drums and shoes I believe. I would imagine the hardware would be the same. Dr. Diff is a good place to start. I bet he can get you all the right parts.

Good question. The backing plates need to match the drums and shoes I believe. I would imagine the hardware would be the same. Dr. Diff is a good place to start. I bet he can get you all the right parts.

I see the shafts alone are $300, then the rest, new rims, tires, etc. getting too expensive. May need to just keep looking for SBP 15" slots, hard to find but out there somewhere. I don't think I want adapters. I wish M&H still made 14" tires other than 235 6014

I've had progressives for years. First pair I hardly had any side view. Really sucked for driving. Took them back and went to a different place. They said part of the problem was as the lens gets bigger, the edge gets thicker and distorts too much. Got a different brand/type and a smaller lens. After using them for several years I recently went to Lensecrafters for a new pair due to insurance change and that's who my work deals with for safety glasses. Took a few trips back to get the safeties right. They never did get the regular ones correct. Went back to my other place and they said the lense is cut too high-has almost nothing for close vision.... Returned those and getting my regular place to make them. Cost is only slightly higher without insurance AND I may be able to send it in and get some coverage even though its out of network. Should have them soon, so hopefully they are as good as previous 2 pairs they did for me.

Good Morning
Good morning.

And the moral of the story is - in the end it always is the people doing the job that make the difference.

I see the shafts alone are $300, then the rest, new rims, tires, etc. getting too expensive. May need to just keep looking for SBP 15" slots, hard to find but out there somewhere. I don't think I want adapters. I wish M&H still made 14" tires other than 235 6014
Agreed. They may be tough to come by. Those are old wheels back when they didn't make small bolt in 15". I'll keep my eye open. I am a fan of the A12 look with the black steelies and chrome lug nuts. It's a racy look where all 4 matching wheels is a little more refined.

001b.JPG

2.20.22c.jpg

Agreed. They may be tough to come by. Those are old wheels back when they didn't make small bolt in 15". I'll keep my eye open. I am a fan of the A12 look with the black steelies and chrome lug nuts. It's a racy look where all 4 matching wheels is a little more refined.

View attachment 1715938729

View attachment 1715938730

Agreed. I like the black steel wheels in the back. But also, matching slots, maybe a little too wide and tall is a great look too. Yes, please keep an eye out. Thank you! Likely just stay as is otherwise

yes.
LOL
Seriously you can skin that cat a few different ways.
The factory '68 Hemi A-bodies came used a limited production front rotor and hub, and a redrilled or special rear axle with the large bolt pattern 10 x 1.75" drums from /6 B-body cars of that year.
At the other end is swapping in late model A-body front disk brakes and 8.25" rear axle which IIRC has the 10 x 2 and something drums

yes.
LOL
Seriously you can skin that cat a few different ways.
The factory '68 Hemi A-bodies came used a limited production front rotor and hub, and a redrilled or special rear axle with the large bolt pattern 10 x 1.75" drums from /6 B-body cars of that year.
At the other end is swapping in late model A-body front disk brakes and 8.25" rear axle which IIRC has the 10 x 2 and something drums

So the SBP axles can be redrilled to BBP, then drill the drums too? I wasn't sure there was enough material for that. Interesting, could look into that to keep all of it as is.

Those were being made by ARE as 'Ansen' style just a few years ago and pretty cheap.

I will look for them, seems SBP rear wheels in 15" are hard to find. I did see Wheel Vintiques (what I have now in 15X8 with 4" BS) has 15x10 also, but too much BS.

So the SBP axles can be redrilled to BBP, then drill the drums too? I wasn't sure there was enough material for that. Interesting, could look into that to keep all of it as is.
Seems to be mixed opinions about doing this. Do a search on that.

Not sure what options Dr Diff has for LBP axles. With the SBP he only has the slightly shortened ones to use with green bearings. The factory length is needed for the tapered adjustable bearings so the axle ends contact the "button" inthe diff.

I had my optometrist make me a set for shooting, I call them my Mr Magoo glasses. No transition same grind over whole surface. But they were actually a pain to use as when wearing them I could not write in my log books. But I could darn sure see front sight post!
Have you ever tried a Merit disc or what I used for handgun sihloutte shooting was a piece of tape with a 3/32 hole. Makes rear sight, front sight, and target on the same plane like a camera lens, Works fantastic.

I swear I sent them an email asking about 5x4 pattern and they said no, they don't make them. Very interesting, using up stock? I would rather 15x8 or larger, but hmmmmm. Then to make nice new polished rims brushed and old looking....
Is your car mini tubbed or the wheel openings trimmed? 15x7's is about as wide as you can go without modifications. Probably 15x10 with a mini tub and the right size tire.

Good am all.... All back read. I'm sticking with 14 inch wheels for now. Wish someone made a real street performance tire in that size. Missing a huge market segment IMO.

You can also have your shafts drilled to the bigger pattern

-
Back