Stop in for a cup of coffee

-
Been there, done that (too many times) Good Morning
nc_ohc=W4FbT3Vi5HYAX9dyPv8&_nc_ht=scontent.fagc1-2.jpg

Quick question, going to convert my 62 to manual disc, will the pushrod from the single pot MC work in a newer dual pot MC (rock auto 1975 duster manual brake MC) or will i need a pushrod?

P.S. sorry to ask here but the b-body forum is pretty dead lately.

They're not inexpensive.

There's a bunch of DIY, Salvage Parts threads in Brakes technical forum if you haven't wandered around there
yeah, i work so much that i don't have time for junkyard fun :( That's why a kit is nice. it's no big thing.. just gotta ***** bout money :) And now that my heads are here i need to pick out a cam.. more fun

yeah, i work so much that i don't have time for junkyard fun :( That's why a kit is nice. it's no big thing.. just gotta ***** bout money :) And now that my heads are here i need to pick out a cam.. more fun
Cam selection is a scramble. Contacting the company is the best bet. What are you building? What combination?

Cam selection is a scramble. Contacting the company is the best bet. What are you building? What combination?
This year it's just a 318, should come in around 9.6:1 (The motor with 302's was 9.2:1 supposedly 302's are 64cc new heads are 60.. so just guessing at the ratio) comp. TF heads, just gonna be something small for the cam with around 220* and 109LSA.. Need to make some torque out of this little motor for fun.. next year is a 408 or 426 then a bigger cam... Plan this year is to get the car drivable and ironed out/functioning

P.S. it's a Roller LA block and i already have OEM rollers.. so it will be a hyd roller this year

This year it's just a 318, should come in around 9.6:1 (The motor with 302's was 9.2:1 supposedly 302's are 64cc new heads are 60.. so just guessing at the ratio) comp. TF heads, just gonna be something small for the cam with around 220* and 109LSA.. Need to make some torque out of this little motor for fun.. next year is a 408 or 426 then a bigger cam... Plan this year is to get the car drivable and ironed out/functioning

P.S. it's a Roller LA block and i already have OEM rollers.. so it will be a hyd roller this year
That will help the selection. I have a roller Teen block as well. I should just build it and sell it. I have a pair of alum. Speedmaster heads downstairs. Or stroke it to 390 and put it in my Swinger. That would be even more fun in my 66 with the 4 speed. Naw, too much work for a old fart like me.

That will help the selection. I have a roller Teen block as well. I should just build it and sell it. I have a pair of alum. Speedmaster heads downstairs. Or stroke it to 390 and put it in my Swinger. That would be even more fun in my 66 with the 4 speed. Naw, too much work for a old fart like me.
Yeah.. i was thinking 390 also, everyone you say 390 to though loses their mind that you aren't doing a 408.. 18cubes is all the world! :) If i find a 360 roller block i want to do the hughes 426 though.. A member here offered to build me a shortblock (i don't have a machine shop.. which sucks) but no block right now..

My 66 with power KH brakes stops as well as a modern car. I drove it non power as well. Big difference IMO
Yes big difference for sure.
Thought about going power breaks but I'm use to non power in my car so not a big deal.

Yeah.. i was thinking 390 also, everyone you say 390 to though loses their mind that you aren't doing a 408.. 18cubes is all the world! :) If i find a 360 roller block i want to do the hughes 426 though.. A member here offered to build me a shortblock (i don't have a machine shop.. which sucks) but no block right now..
I know someone who has a good 318 close enough to you that he’s needing to sell

Short article in the community monthly newsletter that comes in the mail about our rainfall this season. Keep in mind average seasonal for a desert is 10". Our normal is 13 1/2". So far this season 23 3/4" :eek:

Short article in the community monthly newsletter that comes in the mail about our rainfall this season. Keep in mind average seasonal for a desert is 10". Our normal is 13 1/2". So far this season 23 3/4" :eek:
Sounds like a good year to plant rice. :thumbsup:

-
Back