Stop in for a drink.

-
Base is Filibuster Whiskey "The Boondoggler"
Haven't tried that one.

Here's a updated photo.

20220216_182518.jpg

Ted and I had some fun this afternoon. We divided up a Michter's Toasted Barrel into sample bottles. The MTB is just becoming available here in Iowa and of course we kept a sample for ourselves.

20220219_154317.jpg

20220219_154758.jpg

20220219_154825.jpg

20220219_154918.jpg

20220219_160343.jpg

20220219_160413.jpg

Last edited:
Anyone else drink Uncle Nearest? I heard it is getting hard to find.

20220214_133137.jpg

I have a bottle of 1884. Its just ok and probably will be one and done for me.
I finally bought a 1884. Like you said Meh! The 1856 is much better. Free tasting at Mopar Maxx in June. I wish we could get a flyer going. New date June 10-12 2022

Thought I was too late for the challenge then I remember today is only the 28th. I think I can do it too. :lol:

Cheers to Bottled in Bond Day 3/3/22

March 3rd marks 124 years since the passage of the Bottled-in-Bond Act. Find out what this still means for your Bourbon today!
Back before the days of carefully crafted whiskey and Bourbon made by some of the finest palates in the world, consumers couldn’t always be sure what was pouring out of their Bourbon bottles. Then came the Bottled-in-Bond Act. In 1897, the US government passed this law with support from distillers and drinkers alike to ensure consistency and quality.

Popularized by brands like Old Fitz, Heaven Hill, and EH Taylor, the Bottled-in-Bond act was created in part by Colonel Edmund Haynes Taylor, Jr. The founder of Old Taylor Bourbon and the builder of the Old Taylor Distillery (now Castle & Key), he advocated tax incentives for participating distillers for their cooperation with Treasury agents patrolling the federally bonded warehouses. Every bottle of E.H. Taylor Small Batch sold today still bears the bottled-in-bond statement.

To recieve the label of “bottled-in-bond,” Bourbon must be..

– The product of one distillation season (either January to June or July to December), at one distillery, by one distiller

– Aged in a federally bonded warehouse under government supervision for at least four years

– Bottled at 100 proof

– Labeled with both the location of the distillery and the bottling

– And produced in the USA

Do you love a Bottled-in-Bond Bourbon? Tag us on instagram @bourbonreview and use the hashtag #bottledinbondday to share your favorite!

Related Stories

EH Taylor.jpg

Bottle kill. I have been working on this one for a while. It was a Van's pick and a good one. Had rough week. Mom passed away and I need a sip or two. Mom wasn't a drinker but she would understand. Cheers and RIP.

bottle kill after loosing mom.jpg

-
Back