Strut rod bent help please.with pic.

-

Snake

Mopar Nut
Reaction score
Just started to clean things up then I discovered that the strut rod is bent right were it goes into the controll arm.Feeling sick right now.Can this be straightened or is it junk.what do I do.

100_1767.jpg

They can be purchased new. Even in aluminum if wished. Check the suspension places or Mancini racing. You should have no problem in getting a new pair and the bushing.

Snake if you need one I have a pair I'd let go real cheap. Their already painted with POR-15 gloss black. I just upgraded the front end on my Cuda with tubular A-arms and dynamic strut rods so I have my stock ones that are fine. If your interested I'd let you have them for $15 plus shipping. Just PM me. Tracy

Hi Snake, if the ones from Fishy68 don't work out, I have one that's in great shape that's available. Clean and painted. Fishy68 was first though.

Ken
Edison, NJ
[email protected]

Not sure what to do right now but i will keep it in mind. thanks for the help tho.I called my mopar mechinac who help get the front end apart he says no big deal we will put it in a vise and strighten it out.I must say this is the last car i restore from now on i will buy one somewhat done.

BUY ONE DONE!!! thats no fun i had my car blasted and the quarter panel damm near fell off

If you buy one thats done you wont know if the bent rod wasn't put back in it.

buy a new set. they aren't expensive. i got a beefy set from just suspension for jamies car when i did the front end.

If you buy one thats done you wont know if the bent rod wasn't put back in it.

Aint that the truth. I bought my car from the owner of a Chrysler dealer and he had owned it for over 15 yrs. (personal collection). Gave me the big sales pitch of how it was a near perfect car but just needed some finishing. The more I tore into it the worse I found things. Finally just did a complete disassembly and rebuilt everything cause 95% of what they did was screwed up by his shop goofs. How's this for an example: the brake line leading from the master cylinder to the rear wheels had rusted out and they cut out a section and spliced in a new section using compression Couplings. If you buy a car make sure you know who your buying it from and trust them to not only tell you the truth but know what their talking about.

Get a new one.

Mine looked like this when I bought the car. The previous owner was driving it around with no strut rod bushing!
strutrod.jpg

Problim solved.I got one from a place were i have been buying all my stuff.Thanks to all.PS I am over being pisses at my car.Your right Red buying one done you dont know realy what you got.

-
Back