Swedish 64 DART GT

-
Yeah, finding parts for the american iron is more challenging on that side of the ocean. I used to live in Stockholm (Stocksund) years ago and it was a rare site to see the American classics and that was when they weren't 'old' cars back then!
Jap no easy task but its not immposible. the dart was a wery popular car in the mid 60s. No just called raggarbilar and they where cheap as dirt back then.
in 70s and 80s . Many was destroyed and scrapt
they even buildt some of them in sweden by saab ana in nykoping and belgium dont now where and by whom.
sorry for the crazy spelling
the swede

so I assume you are deleting the "spears" on the sides, if it's a GT?
spears? If you mean the twin moulding on the side of the car no it came thet way from the factory. Q so you mean that the gt dint have them ?
do not know if the gt emblems are mounted by saab ana here in sweden. Or the other way around.
Sold in june 1964 in stockholm built in the good old usa. 29 owner car since 64 including car dealers.
Havent been in traffic sicne 1984 so thats 34 yers not 28 witch i written erlier.
no and the stock engine is long gone.
360 727 8 1/4 rear 3,23 limited is the plan,
still spell like an hmmm
the swede

Last edited:
spears? If you mean the twin moulding on the side of the car no it came thet way from the factory. Q so you mean that the gt dint have them ?
do not know if the gt emblems are mounted by saab ana here in sweden. Or the other way around.
Sold in june 1964 in stockholm built in the good old usa. 29 owner car since 64 including car dealers.
Havent been in traffic sicne 1984 so thats 34 yers not 28 witch i written erlier.
no and the stock engine is long gone.
360 727 8 1/4 rear 3,23 limited is the plan,
still spell like an hmmm
the swede
oh, the 64 GT''s here in the States., had the spear molding down the upper body crease, usually filled with a contrasting color.

oh, the 64 GT''s here in the States., had the spear molding down the upper body crease, usually filled with a contrasting color.
You mean like this one.

dodge_dart_gt_hardtop_coupe_2.jpeg

yup. I had a slant 6/ 4spd, which looked exactly like that one.
This one is also a 6cyl car manual trans dont now witch of them the build plate is gone.
and the sheet so i dont know the color and so on.
Going to be a black colour in the moulding space, the interior is going to be dark blue and black.

I have an original 64 273 4spd car, which I converted in 74 to a 340 4spd, but I have always had a soft spot for the sl6/ 4spd cars. My dream car is a dark metallic blue 64 GT convert w/ sl6 4spd, hahaha.

I have an original 64 273 4spd car, which I converted in 74 to a 340 4spd, but I have always had a soft spot for the sl6/ 4spd cars. My dream car is a dark metallic blue 64 GT convert w/ sl6 4spd, hahaha.
I always dreamt of a 65 gt black white top 273 commando 4spd.
But the 64 is a wery nice car owned a couple of them before the first was back in 79.
The paint on this one is a standard volvo truck blue.
the swede

I always dreamt of a 65 gt black white top 273 commando 4spd.
But the 64 is a wery nice car owned a couple of them before the first was back in 79.
The paint on this one is a standard volvo truck blue.
the swede
I have a 273 Commando for sale if your interested.

I have a 273 Commando for sale if your interested.
The car came witha 66 2734bbl from a fullcize car. i think cant make the numbers .
Its also for sale with the 65 904 auto. And some more things if you are missing parts i have some parts for the 65
But if you have other parts i am interested i can put list of parts togther if your intrested and have parts and nicknacks for sale
For my 64 is in dier need of love and parts
the swede

Last edited:
20180409_103805.jpg
20180409_103822.jpg
20180409_103834.jpg
20180409_103848.jpg
20180409_103909.jpg
20180409_103928.jpg

Some more pics taken today no more wet paint. Going back to our garage now for some welding to the floor. and a lot of polishing and stratening out moldings.
And looking for lost and found parts.
the swede

Now the work begins Sifting all the part boxes and bags .For useable parts that fits the blue ligtning dart
The house is filled with candy and scrap good parts and broken ones.
The wife is as car crazy as i am lucky me.
the swede

20180411_101241[1].jpg

20180411_101257[1].jpg

20180411_101312[1].jpg

Silly question.....was the front end universal on the 63, 64 and 65? Could you interchange grills with a little work?

Silly question.....was the front end universal on the 63, 64 and 65? Could you interchange grills with a little work?
I believe the interchange works for 63 and 64. I'm not absolutely positive, but I think 65 is different, and 66 is even more different.

Hey swede, I'm liking it, very nice. Had '64 Valiant in 1972. Call it Swedish Lightning...bra!

the 63 and 64 is almost the same the 65 fits the 63,64 but its different fenders the same 63,64 and 65
the grill fits between 63 and 64 the 65 also with some fiddeling,
owned a 64 with a 65 front end and a 65 with a 63 front end
the swede

A 360 with a few mods and a 4 barrel carb is a great choice but I am partial because that is what I have in my Dart Sport.
oh mine are equipped whith a weiand 144 blower
home made intake manifold. hope its going to be fun and do some burn outs
and suprise some bimmers

oh mine are equipped whith a weiand 144 blower
home made intake manifold. hope its going to be fun and do some burn outs
and suprise some bimmers
I have a friend who has a 71 Demon with a blown 340, he is running a 641 blower on it and it develops between 625 and 725 HP depending on which pulley he feels like using.

Now the work begins Sifting all the part boxes and bags .For useable parts that fits the blue ligtning dart
The house is filled with candy and scrap good parts and broken ones.
The wife is as car crazy as i am lucky me.
the swede

View attachment 1715163590

View attachment 1715163591

View attachment 1715163592
I see you have two pairs of tail lights....Do you want to sell a pair by chance? Can't hurt to ask. Both of mine were shattered when I bought it. Luckily all the pieces were inside the tail light housing. Was able to glue them together for now...

I have a friend who has a 71 Demon with a blown 340, he is running a 641 blower on it and it develops between 625 and 725 HP depending on which pulley he feels like using
my engine is going to be a bit lamer 350-400 maby if im lycky . going for 1,92 overdrive thats the max what the weiand can rev.
going to be about 8 to 9 psi max

I see you have two pairs of tail lights....Do you want to sell a pair by chance? Can't hurt to ask. Both of mine were shattered when I bought it. Luckily all the pieces were inside the tail light housing. Was able to glue them together for now...
All of them are glued and fixed together. And only two good or useable housings.
Are they hard to find in the states to. Ive been seaching for two years for a pair of deacent ones.

-
Back