tell me why

-
Then quit moaning and drive a Camaro.....
dont like camaros every buddy and there brother has one mines a 72 chevelle ss theres a few of them around to my point is i want to be racing not making the machine shop and the after market companies rich

No really I didn't. Know what you where saying but now I do thanks to our great teacher and I have 10'000 in my big block mopar and would do it again I wouldn't put a Pennie in a Chevy why go with the norm and be a cookie cutter anyone can build a chevy it takes a special kind of person to be different sorry if you was thinking I was trying to make fun that was not my intention I really
Didn't understand the question if it makes you feel better my girlfriend corrected me several times while writing this lol
im sorry didnt mean to sound like a jerk im sure it will be worth it in the end its just that its been a struggle and i want to be racing not making the machine shop and the aftermarket companies rich im only a constuction worker and also have to support a household.

You pay to play when you own a Mopar. Ain't it fun though?

well it seems to be obvious, you're not a true mopar guy.
im a true american made car guy and a true gearhead been playing with cars for 35 years just struggling to get this thing to the track thought i was almost there and now have to dump more money into rocker arms want to have fun racing not be stressed out over rocker arms

im a true american made car guy and a true gearhead been playing with cars for 35 years just struggling to get this thing to the track thought i was almost there and now have to dump more money into rocker arms want to have fun racing not be stressed out over rocker arms
Where in CT are you located?
I'm down in Trumbull.

George

i to like many muscle cars from the 60s and 70s never owned a ford or built a ford though was a great time to be a car guy what i hate is these kids and there imports its just not cool
At least these kids are doing stuff with Cars like most of us did as Kids. I would never Discourage our Youth from getting involved in our hobby/sport. Would you rather them hanging around causing trouble or commiting crimes. My kid drives a BMW that I rebuilt for him and he's the cooler then the other side of the pillow.
So you don't like Kids or Mopars, Maybe you should just go start your own Forum for old Chevy loving Kid Haters LOL.:D

At least these kids are doing stuff with Cars like most of us did as Kids. I would never Discourage our Youth from getting involved in our hobby/sport. Would you rather them hanging around causing trouble or commiting crimes. My kid drives a BMW that I rebuilt for him and he's the cooler then the other side of the pillow.
So you don't like Kids or Mopars, Maybe you should just go start your own Forum for old Chevy loving Kid Haters LOL.:D
Bmw and mopars now that realy makes no sense

Around here they are both underdogs. Actually they are very Similar. If you are willing to Actually work on them yourself they aren't that expensive to own. My sons is a 1993 740. Most people are afraid to own them and probably go on forums and whine about how expensive it is for someone else to fix them.

well it seems to be obvious, you're not a true mopar guy.

I disagree, he sounds like someone who questions the apparent inequity of the prices. I think this is more of the answer he wanted.

It's very simple. The small chebbie for example remained virtually unchanged from 1955 until 1986. The Chevrolet big block remained virtually unchanged from 1965 until 1986. Even after 1986, both engines had a LOT of parts that would interchange with the first generations.

Mopar on the other hand, made their early small blocks with a bastard intake angle in the cylinder head. So, to make a fair comparison, you have to say from 1967 to 1992 for the small block Mopar and from 1958 to 1979 for the Mopar big block.

Sounds like a comparable amount of time doesn't it? It's not, because Mopar made less of their power plants than chebbie. Much less. Couple that with the fact that every single motorsports sanctioning body has always been chebbie favored and every single major aftermarket parts maker has always been chebbie favored and you begin to see the reason.

That in itself is why Mopar people are special. It takes more work, more money and more dedication to build and own Mopars. The end result of that however is owning a muscle car that's head and shoulders above any other American automobile ever made. PERIOD.

He may even have only wanted to gripe about costs and some have turned on him, belittling his spelling or point of view. If we were to do that to all who disagree we would end up lonely because no one agrees with another on everything! If you want continued industry support for Mopars then DO NOT run people off who want to join us! The smaller the market the less the support.

holy hell put sum adjusters in the rockers you have and go racing..I cant believe with the cam your running those rocker wont hold up.what is your spring psi,s good grief if your worried about hurting something don't start it because ALL race engines are going to the same place sum just get there sooner than others......Artie

While it is true that Mopar motor parts are more $$ than Fords, you should look into restoring a 64 Fairlane.

why there both american and there both cool
dam guys didnt mean to start a war call the cops lock me up i own a chrysler and a gm and my daily driver is a dodge ram and my wife drives a jeep liberty I think im a mopar guy ,was having a few beers last night hence the spelling error and the rocker arm thing was eating at me thats all ,sure ill replace them with hughes someday a true car guy like jay leno has many different cars call the cops on him to.

Just curious, Since you have Chevy and Mopar. What are some price differences on Similar parts that You've installed? Is your machine shop charging you more for the Mopar work? Not calling you out I just really don't know how much more it really is for Mopar Versus Chebby. Like with Th BMW, I have done all the engine work myself and I was actually surprised how reasonable parts were for this $60,000 automobile. It's the labor that kills you with the German Cars. I refuse to pay someone $1,000 in labor to do something I can do in 5 hours myself.

maybe in your eyes, but not in mine, i dont care what country they were built in. you dont see anyone else knocking anyone else because they own something other than a mopar so why are you? you have no room to talk. i dont speak on other peoples preferences until they get personal. a car is a car is a car, then there is Mopar. a little respect here goes a long way. nicely put, you are entitled to your opinion of course, but theres no need to single people out.

Just curious, Since you have Chevy and Mopar. What are some price differences on Similar parts that You've installed? Is your machine shop charging you more for the Mopar work? Not calling you out I just really don't know how much more it really is for Mopar Versus Chebby. Like with Th BMW, I have done all the engine work myself and I was actually surprised how reasonable parts were for this $60,000 automobile. It's the labor that kills you with the German Cars. I refuse to pay someone $1,000 in labor to do something I can do in 5 hours myself.
same shop built both engines great shop the big difference is the mopar aluminum heads and rocker arms just to much in my opinion

same shop built both engines great shop the big difference is the mopar aluminum heads and rocker arms just to much in my opinion
With the chebbies, A lot of the research & development has been done so someone can come along and bang out aluminum heads for them. They can charge less and make it up in volume. As stated above: It's just a plain and simple Numbers game. Mopar Aluminum heads are just going to be more simply because of the Supply & demand factor. On a positive Note: Mopar Performance is making more and more parts every day. They even offer Stroker Cranks for Poly Engines now. There's also something to be said for Durability. If you can get many many more 1/4 mile runs out of your Mopar engine and hopefully win more than in the end it's cheaper.

I don't get it.
I love my Dart.
I must to be throwing the time and dollars at it that I have.
But it is no different than the '66 Cyclone we raced for about ten years ( a Mercury with a Ford motor no less , and it had a '67 Chevelle master cylinder too. :D ) , or the '70 Chevelle that I ran into the ground in the late 70's and abandoned behind a gas station after stripping the cowl hood and SS rims , or the '78 Chev step side that was a serious street effort in the early 80's.
Does not having blind brand loyalty make one less of an enthusiast ?
Anyone who cannot acknowledge the awesome cars that popped out of Detroit regardless of the manufacturer is missing the point I think.
Hell , I even admire some European iron.....just because there is no denying the cool factor.
Japanese......not so much , but they also turned out some interesting automobiles.
What makes a car / brand cool ?
Price tag ?
Current value ?
Production numbers ?
Performance ?
None of those are wrong answers.
I tend to take it a step further and give high points to uniqueness.
Regardless of who made it.
Cool is cool.
Always will be.
The answer to " why ?" is still a numbers game , and the flaming hoops we have to jump through to do stuff that G.M. guys take for granted makes MoPar guys a special breed for sure.
But the others can still be cool.
Just not quite as cool.:D:D:D

-
Back