The "Crusher Cuda" Project

-

CrusherCuda

Reaction score
I must admit that I have been and still am a blue blooded Ford lover. But, I have always wanted a Mopar in my stables. I just never found one I could afford or was in good enough shape to fix. Well, I spotted a 1966 Barracuda stripped at a local wreaking yard and just couldn't leave it there. My plan is to build a budget V8 fun drag car. I will not intentionally hack the the car up, but it will not be nut and bolt restored either. Initially I wanted to stay in the 3k budget, but lets see if I can stay in the 5-6K budget instead. I will do my best to keep regular updates, but no promises. I have a lot to learn and a lot of things that will test my skills. Well, here we go!

The day I brought it home.
20210504_172524.jpg

I also found this 65 Dart at the same wreaking yard. It should be good for the cowl, windshield, and some mechanicals.
20210504_125759.jpg

Awesome.
You could drill apart that 65 shell and make more money off it.
I will be using sections of the floor, cowl, A-pilers, engine bay, core support, windshield, steering, wipers, and much more to revive the abandoned Barracuda. The rest of the 4 door shell is already sold, as well as the front 6 cylinder hubs and suspension. No part of the 65 Dart will be thrown out.

I am still in need of some major components. A trunk lid with hinges, complete floor shift steering column with wheel, and the V8 center link drag link. Condition does not have to be perfect, but useable or repairable is preferred. Let me know if you can help me out. Other parts are on order and more updates to come soon.

Welcome to the Mopar camp. The price of admission is way more than a Ford or GM, but the satisfaction of having something different is different, too. Welcome aboard, sir.

Welcome from Michigan, the Motor City! You're doing it old school, I like it! 65'

I am still in need of some major components. A trunk lid with hinges, complete floor shift steering column with wheel, and the V8 center link drag link. Condition does not have to be perfect, but useable or repairable is preferred. Let me know if you can help me out. Other parts are on order and more updates to come soon.

Hey, it was nice meeting you last weekend. The trim is polishing up nicely!
Tim.

The biggest hurdle for me will be fixing the cowl and roof. I will tackle the floor first to strengthen the body, then brace the car. I will have to push the roof up and move some things around, then I can start the transplant procedure. Maybe a tree fell on it?
20210519_095756.jpg

Last edited:
One step in fixing the floor will be to install the 360 V8 and 727 trans. I scored this mill from a 72 Polara that was hit hard in the front. Running when wreaked. Other than the heads being replaced at some time with later year parts store rebuilds, the combo appears to be in good shape. I also have the 360 conversion engine mounts. One more piece of the puzzle.
20210519_095546.jpg

Cool project! Welcome aboard. You should start a build thread in the proper section so everybody will see it.

-
Back