This is totally weird but I want it badly...

-

BoredandStroked

Reaction score
Hello people,

Like I said this is totally weird but I want it badly. I am 17 and this summer is Senior Pictures for my high school. I was speaking with them and they said it was fine for me to have a car in the picture. But the bad news is my car is far from being done and I still want this to happen. So... I am calling on the fellow Mopar guys to lend me their car for 2 hours at the VERY max. The studio is located in Cumberland, Maryland but they can go out to a place for the pictures to be taking. In other words, if you live 4 hours away but want to meet half way to save gas or such then that is fine.

Here is what I promise... If you do allow me to have your car for these 2 hours you can be there at the site while the pictures are being taking. I will pay for the gas to have the car towed or driven to the place of which the pictures will be taken. The car will NOT be parked on grass. I will pay for the cleaning up of the car such as washing, waxing, and vaccuming of the interior and polishing of the metal parts.

Please leave ur address and PM me your phone number and please include a picture of your car. Thank you and I know this is a very strange thing to ask but hey... I would love to have this done so why not ask. Thank you again!

Best of luck with this.
Is there any particular car you want present? Or year?
Congrads on the grad.

No there isnt really but If it was a 73 Dart Swinger that would be totally sweet. Really any mopar will do. Graduation isnt right now... my school is kinda out of the world and we take senior pictrues a year before we graduate lol. One thing that crossed my mind... if the car happens to get scratched or some how hurt... I will pay for it.

Don't mean to make you feel bad.....
I also think you may have a hard time with this one....It's "almost" like someone asking you to use your girl for a few hours, too some maybe even worse. Good luck, ya never know.

Idea.... :evil2: fail this year and have your wheels ready for next Grad...

Really, Congrats on your Graduation, I'm sure you worked very hard to get there.

69signetv8 said:
Don't mean to make you feel bad.....
I also think you may have a hard time with this one....It's "almost" like someone asking you to use your girl for a few hours, too some maybe even worse. Good luck, ya never know.

Idea.... :evil2: fail this year and have your wheels ready for next Grad...

Really, Congrats on your Graduation, I'm sure you worked very hard to get there.
Yeah , my Dad always warned - " Don`t ever lend your wife or your car , they could both get a rod thrown in them" ..... and I always heeded his advise. LOL. I don`t know how much luck you`ll have with your request.... good luck though, and congrats!

If you weren't clear across the country and my GTS convertible were together I would be honored to let you use it. I might even let you drive it with me in the passenger seat...............

That's the Mopar spirit Jim!!! toolmanmike

Wow... what can I say to that Jim Lusk... dont even know me but you might be willing to let me drive a GTS convertible at that... a GTS !!! Wow... kinda speechless but thank you sir.
To 340dartswinger... thank you very much also sir but yes I do know how far Uniontown, Ohio is. Your Dart looks fantastic but thats a little to far.
To the guys that said good luck... yes I know this is very stupid to do cause very few guys will let their cars go for 2 hours because of the "throwing of the rod". I totally understand that because when I had my car towed home I had second thoughts on the tow truck driver since he wasnt the guy that I requested. He was how ever the guys father that I requested so I grit my teeth and went along with it. So yes I know this is virtually impossible but I have to try!
Thanks for saying that you was sure I worked hard 69signetv8 . I did work hard in Auto haha. Having the top scores for 2 years in the final exams and throughout the year is harder than what you would believe!
Just came to mind too... a 67 Camaro would be a cool car too since it was the first muscle car I rode in and the first one I got to drive. Glad I changed my taste to Mopar though haha... I found out what power was and never looked back plain and simple!

To far for mine (not that it has great paint, has scratches and stains in the paint and little rust bubbles here and there already so that wouldn't be a concern) Is a 73 though, and I too would probably have been willing to let you operate it for a short period, but like I said, too far. Also I am 38, but don't call me sir either, I work for a living. :salut:

I wouldnt say thats weird at all man, thats some serious mopar devotion, if I had a car :cwm10: , and I wasnt too far, not sure if I am? but yeah, Id let you have it for a bit, if hes willing to go this far just to get a picture with a mopar? hell, who knows how nice his car will be finished.. :notworth: good luck with your quest for some sweet senior pictures :thumblef:

Oh just wait until mine is done haha. I am going to put a picture of the grill that came with the car. Like to know if ANYONE has ever seen a grill like this on ANY A-body... I have been looking for 2 years and cant find a single match to it.

Sorry for the "sirs" haha. I am a country boy so mother kinda beat it in my head to say that.

If I knew about this before I would have asked a guy that had a car built by Muscle Motors that ran 8.50s with a 588 cubic inch motor. Hahaha... now that would be some picture... engine is like 2 of me haha.

Anyways thanks krabysniper but were are u from anyways? Nice lil 73 you have. Love the rim and tire package. Paint it black and jack it up 2 inches in the rear and put some cheater slicks and no one would know what hit them when you pop the hood and there sits a 600 hp smallblock haha or better yet a 600 hp RB block haha.

All and all thanks gentlemen for your support and all! Most of all thank you for the people that thinks its crazy cause what mopar guy/gal isnt? Just drives me more to have this done some how!

I will post the senior pics on here with the Mopar when I do get them done also!

Bored, No problem. My sons have both used my GTS as a daily driver (to high school, no less) at different times. They both own big block a-bodies, so I have some experience being a little insane on what kids drive. We could always photoshop it :thumblef: By the way, here is the car in better times.

MYGTS.JPG

Jim? Thats your ride and use to let your sons drive it everyday? Dang man your sons better love you to death because if they dont I am going to slap them haha. Any dad that lets their son drive a car like that well wow... says alot on trust. My mom use to have a 9 second Chevelle back in the day... my MOM no less haha. Baby blue with the white soft cushion viynl top and she said something about illegal tires. They came from some south american country and the material used was illegal. Haha I have never heard of it but oh well... to bad she doesnt have it or half of the other cars she had access too haha. Thanks Jim and that is a super car you have man.

-
Back