this is why TTi headers suck for power

-
And when the car that engine is going in clicks of a 9.80 or so??? And it will!

Compared to the other headers run on different dynos with the same results, the TTi's were not the best performing. Not even close. If you drive your car on the street you have other consideration to ponder.

Street car... Dougs or tti's, gotta be careful with hedmans or hooker SC.

Race car... tti won't be anywhere close to my car.

Be fun to watch what the car that had the tti's on it runs when a different header is installed. We figure at least .10-.15 and maybe .20

Joe,your absolutely right!!!...

Agreed. Not only right, but, just the idea of not scraping the headers on the floor is so nice. Not to hear that crunch! Like a golden ticket. LOL

One think is certain, we race cars not dynos.

Chuck
Not to knock you personally Chuck but I hear people say this about dynos and flow benches all the time and I wonder why its being said-should we just **** can them all?.They should be recognized for what they are,tools,and extremely valuable tools that save a ton of time and expense and set the benchmark for a desired level of performance.Im not agaisnt tti but the facts are the facts and when you look at the engine masters challenge there are alot of good info about race car headers heres one example.I guess its an age old argument but the really fast guys around here all have had some time with a flow bench and a dyno.http://racingarticles.com/article_racing-72.html

Guaranteed to fit not to make power, my bosses car has same engine same mufflers but tti header to my hooker sc and his car sounds like a sewing machine compared to mine, but i understand not everybody likes there car loud lol its just like people who get there engine and give it the "edelbrock mania" approch to all there parts and performance, when half the time edelbrock under performs the rest, but its shiny and has a big name so of course people consider it the best, my car has a few different makes of parts some mopar some other i just built my car to my needs, street /strip. We all know days of the KILLER street cars are coming to an end, with the police and restrictions and crazy penalties.So i guess what i'am saying is buy what works for you cuz your the one driving it right?

I just wish my Hookers weren't flat on the bottom. Maybe I need a skid plate or sumpin'. :scratch:

I think the thing to remember here is that TTI builds headers for the masses. The Hookers and Hedmans we're comparing them to are race-bred. The TTIs do all the things we need to work on our drivers, and make decent power. They are a compromise. The Hooker SC's and the race Hedmans are designed to make max power, with minimum compromise, for less than a custom header. They all do what they were designed to do very well.

Can't comment on how they run compared to other headers because it's the only ones I have used.

But I have never scraped my Hedmans on the street. I have never burned a plug wire on 5 or 7 (just route the wire under the tubes). Plugs are as easy to remove and install on 5 & 7 as any other plug in the engine (use 5/8" hex magnum plugs). Both full size and mini starters can be installed/removed without issue. I haven't had a leak in 20k miles and counting.

At over twice the cost of coated Hedmans and almost 5 times the cost of painted ones the TTI's don't sound so good to me.

:-D I won't ever be buying TTI's to replace my coated Hedmans just due to the fact of all the hassle of getting them to fit on a 4spd car. That's a bunch of BS right there when you figure what they cost.:bootysha:

The title of this thread is misleading, actually, just wrong. –but that’s been proven by now.

:-D I won't ever be buying TTI's to replace my coated Hedmans just due to the fact of all the hassle of getting them to fit on a 4spd car. That's a bunch of BS right there when you figure what they cost.:bootysha:

I know how that is but just an FYI for the future, TTI's were easier to install then the Headman's I had on my '72 4-speed Duster. I didn't like the design of those Headman headers, hung way too low and were always in the way.

You people that are poo pooing the fact that the TTi's were way down, roughly 5%, are forgetting that these were on a W2 headed engine. I think even TTi uses "race" on their site to describe the 1 7/8" w2 flanged headers that were used. Not my description of the parts they are selling.

I'm sorry, but I don't consider W2 headed engine a "for the masses" build.

Agreed, comparing the 1 5/8-1 3/4 steps to hedmans and SC, would not be a valid comparison. This is not the case here.

Read it and weep...
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-340W2/340W2-178.htm

You people that are poo pooing the fact that the TTi's were way down, roughly 5%, are forgetting that these were on a W2 headed engine. I think even TTi uses "race" on their site to describe the 1 7/8" w2 flanged headers that were used. Not my description of the parts they are selling.

I'm sorry, but I don't consider W2 headed engine a "for the masses" build.

Agreed, comparing the 1 5/8-1 3/4 steps to hedmans and SC, would not be a valid comparison. This is not the case here.

Read it and weep...
http://www.ttiexhaust.com/Header-340W2/340W2-178.htm

I agree with you, crackedback. A W2 head engine is not a "for the masses" build. It seems to me that when most people refer to TTI headers, they do so in regard to fit and finish. I don't ever recall hearing anyone say that they were their first choice when it comes to making power. Myself included.

imo the ttis were one of the best things i have bought for my car, the hooker super comps i had sucked,they leaked and the ground clearnce was terrible. the ttis are exspense but they are well worth it and the starter comes out. the only thing about them is that i was a nervous wreck pullin my motor out with them in the engine compartment last month, man that sucked.

Can't comment on how they run compared to other headers because it's the only ones I have used.

But I have never scraped my Hedmans on the street. I have never burned a plug wire on 5 or 7 (just route the wire under the tubes). Plugs are as easy to remove and install on 5 & 7 as any other plug in the engine (use 5/8" hex magnum plugs). Both full size and mini starters can be installed/removed without issue. I haven't had a leak in 20k miles and counting.

At over twice the cost of coated Hedmans and almost 5 times the cost of painted ones the TTI's don't sound so good to me.

I had Hedman headers on my Duster and I would scrape all the time, it might depend on where you live.

-
Back