those that have builded a frontend?????

-
hemidanny from what i read and listed in a nutshell am i going in the right direction....just want to get your thoughts ...:banghead:

I'm not sure what direction you are going.....
lets start with.....what are you trying to achieve by re-designing the suspension and steering?......
just so I know....what motor/trans/rear gear/tire size are you planning on running....and what do you plan on doing with your ride?...street/strip/...street/strip ..autocrosser?

no sugarcoat...just the facts

Mopar to ya'
Denny

hemidanny this car will be full drag race ...the motor is going to be big block with chasiss pan and i hope some custom bob and mike headers(lol) trans is going to be for now 727 and rear gear is unknown right now ,tire will be pretty nice size slick any where from 10 wide to 13 but in the 29/30 tall i think ..
like i said i have done alot of reading and looking and research and all of it comes down to check your bump steer before you start and work from there if it is acc...now my car has had a good race type align. down to it and drove very well with the new control arm bushings and stuff at race speed and on the highway was fine...so i should be good to go on the bump steer i have , or just shoot to be better....from my understanding i should just tack the rack in and start with checking and if its not where it should be or where i need it to be move the rack up,down,in, or out to get it where it was...ackerman you turn the wheels and pulls strings and take measurements on both side and shoot for the same on that once you have your measurements in know its not that simple but thats the idea behind it from what i am getting...am i close or shooting in the wind????8-)

to be blunt...more like peeing in the wind

you have not even touched upon how/what you are going to attach the tie rod ends to.....you do know that the spindles on your car now have the outer tie rod ends behind the axle centerline?....your rack/pinion will be in front of the axle centerline.

I know there are plenty out there with the "go for it dude" mentallity...but to go as fast as your planning.....and you want a tubular front end....get some PROFESSIONAL help in building it....your life WILL depend on it.

honestly...and just my opinion...(but you asked,right?)....you have far better things performance wise to concentrate on before a suspension/steering re-design.....once you max out what you got...PM or e-mail me...I'll be waiting with all the help you want

Denny

hemidanny i think we are on 2 different pages...LOL on this frontend i really want to know how the system is going to work before i do start to work on it...also i know that i may have to change some parts .....but i do thank you for your time and help..

no problem...I had the impression you were ready to start your front end project.

and I think....you asked...remember?...you need a better understanding of front end geometry before you start cutting and tacking.......or you will spend a lot of time and money just to end up frustrated.

excellant info for you ....Heidts Suspension Catalog...they have a section on the basics...

but it's your ride....and I wish you the best regardless of what you decide to do....

Mopar to ya'
Denny

been checking in here on my phone from work for the last few days ...im home and up lol now ..so i will keep everybody posted on the progress of this ...just been hard at work so this post is not going to die lol mike:D

been checking in here on my phone from work for the last few days ...im home and up lol now ..so i will keep everybody posted on the progress of this ...just been hard at work so this post is not going to die lol mike:d

well! Lets get started. Less talk more work! I need to see how its done. Wish u luck on your build

hey tori i havent forgot to call you..i just been on night work since i got back to town, so you can look for a call soon thanks mike:blob:

im not dead all between work and trying to work out a few things ive been on the grind..i will post pics and keep you all up to date on whats going on with this deal as it comes mike:burnout:

Swisswill....that outa get their wheels turnin'....

I'll bet the phone lines at the salvage yards are hummin' already.....

Kudos to that builder......

Swisswill....that outa get their wheels turnin'....

I'll bet the phone lines at the salvage yards are hummin' already.....

Kudos to that builder......

I'm curious as to how he mounted the shocks and springs. I found another example of mixing and matching parts. Here's one where a gent installs a Lexus SC400/SC300 IFS into a Mustang. It's slightly wider than the Supra but uses the same suspesion pieces.

http://www.stangnet.com/mustang-forums/799371-68-mustang-coupe-2jz-turbo-swap-2.html

It's aluminum (not steel like the Supra) and is a hair over 34" btween the frame mounting points. Around here, these go for around $200 (and less) at boneyards. Big brakes, upper and lower A arms, power rack... what's not too like?

Yeah, I know.... It's Japanese.....

Greg

Attachments

• SC400_frt_susp10.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 226
-
Back