Time For a rebuild

-
Free Advice: Go with the stock one for now, keep the project moving forward so you can drive the car. 1. The stock manifold can move a lot of air. 2. With a stock motor you'll be limited to about 9 lbs of boost anyway so you probably won't get much of a benefit from the higher flow manifold anyway.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

If I use the stock intake I have to redo some of the cold side on the turbo kit. I am leaning towards the factory intake for the time being. Here is a pic with the new rims. Do not have rear tires yet but my sizing will be 17X4 on the front, 15X10 on the rear. Here is the porting on the intake.

Attachments

• WIN_20140618_125917.jpg
    27.7 KB · Views: 638
  • WIN_20140618_134725.jpg
    36.5 KB · Views: 633
  • WIN_20140618_134429.jpg
    36.4 KB · Views: 612
  • WIN_20140618_135016.jpg
    39.2 KB · Views: 621
  • WIN_20140618_134126.jpg
    24.3 KB · Views: 620
I can't remember, did you port the manifold yourself?

Looks good, I am debating whether to do a little pocket porting and clean up on my heads. I don't have the funds to have them CNC ported, but thought I might just clean them up a bit and remove the casting flash.

Like the rims.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Ya I ported it myself. 15 hrs re shaped the entry into the ports, cleaned up the short side radius. Squared up the port at the heads and cleaned up around the injector area

Been getting some work done. Motor and trans are out hopefully for the last time untill I build it for big boost. For now just going to run low boost on the stock engine to learn the fast efi. Dash is out had to trim some of the holes for the roll cage, used some body filler to smooth out some areas I welded in primed and painted. Fitted the water tank and lines for the air to water intercooler, and laid the fast wiring system out. Still need to put oil return lines in from the turbo's remove brass bushing in the rear of crank ( any tips on doing this or pics on how others have done it?). Will get some pics up soon.

Bushing in rear of crank-

I've done it twice. First time I used a die grinder to cut it down.

Second time I welded a pipe to the inside of it. Welded a washer to the pipe, and used a 'slide hammer' (my slide hammer was four u bolts bolted together and a sledge hammer- what I had laying around - got it out in a few minutes).

Proud to announce that there was a new addition to our family. My wife and I had a baby girl on the tenth. She entered the world at 9lbs 3oz. With that being said production on the car slowed down even more, was able to sneak out a few times this week. Cleaned the engine as it had some grime on it, picked up my intake from machine shop after getting injector holes re machined. Dropped intake and oil pan to my friend to get fuel rails hold downs welded on intake and bungs welded on oil pan for oil return from the turbo's. Built a bracket to hold the FAST xfi and xim boxes on fire wall. Cut out the fiberglass insert for my gauges, still need to sand and paint it.

Attachments

• IMG_1589.jpg
    31.8 KB · Views: 472
  • IMG_1646.jpg
    39.8 KB · Views: 482
  • IMG_1650.jpg
    37.1 KB · Views: 474
  • IMG_1651.jpg
    35.5 KB · Views: 484
  • IMG_1616.jpg
    54.1 KB · Views: 491
  • WIN_20140818_181832.jpg
    20.8 KB · Views: 492
  • IMG_1587.jpg
    36.7 KB · Views: 458
  • IMG_1588.jpg
    37 KB · Views: 462
Congratulations on the little girl. My girl is approaching 13, be afraid, be very afraid. ;)

I really like it when people take the time to run the roll cage through the dash, it looks so much cleaner.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

holy ****, so im sittin here reading this build and i look over and dude your in edmonton? can i come over and check this out? im building a 69 dart and deciding if i wanna run a single 82mm or tin 76,s if you could help me out that would be insane. im on the south side

holy ****, so im sittin here reading this build and i look over and dude your in edmonton? can i come over and check this out? im building a 69 dart and deciding if i wanna run a single 82mm or tin 76,s if you could help me out that would be insane. im on the south side

I'm in edmonton too and I just thought the same thing! kinda neat when you are reading about a build from somebody that's in the same city as you.

no kidding, not trying to jack this thread but i have so many questions lol. im sitting in camp right now and im dying to order parts but id like to chat first. perhaps we can go for beers in a couple weeks

Any time you guys want to meet up I am game. Let me know when you are around and we can make a plan. I actually live about 30min north or the city but I work in Edmonton.

ill be home next monday, ill pm you my number id love to pick your brain and see your dart

Was able to get out and get some work done on the car. I was able to get the fuel lines on the intake done, had Nolan weld the oil return bungs on the pan, and I welded up some holes in the fire wall sanded and painted the engine bay. I did a trial fit of wiring for the fast system. Drilled and tapped the hole in the back of timing chain cover where the heater tube went to install mechanical water temp gauge.

Attachments

• WIN_20141005_181217.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 385
  • WIN_20141005_181202.jpg
    42.2 KB · Views: 391
  • WIN_20141005_181030.jpg
    45 KB · Views: 398
  • WIN_20140908_162350.jpg
    19.2 KB · Views: 390
  • WIN_20140908_162242.jpg
    39.4 KB · Views: 404
  • WIN_20140908_162304.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 399
  • WIN_20140908_162218.jpg
    37.3 KB · Views: 387
looking good. if i can get my shed finished and my garage cleared out next week i can start work on mine

I have been slowly plugging away on the car but with work 2 kids and doing a few port jobs on the side not much change. The rear of the car is wired with the infinity box wiring system, and new headlight changed to new h4 style bulbs and wired. Need to wire turn/park lights, fans, tran brake, horn , starter and then all the switches.
I also picked up my next project, 2000 dakota R/T. Not sure what I am going to do with it yet either put the 5.7 hemi sitting in the garage in or build the 360 that's it it with my b1ba heads I have.

How big of a throttle body you running and is that intake opening 4500? Im running a 105mm accufab tb and have a elbow no taller than the throttle body is. Its billet alumium and ill be running a stock flat hood fwiw.

I am running the Ritter drag pack intake std size and the Wilson cast alum elbow with the fast 92 mm throttle body. It sits about 2-3" above the hood once I flip it over. I am on a budget so if I saved some cash not going with the billet elbow and the 92 tb came with the fast system. When I build the big engine I will upgrade those parts and these will go one the dakota I have sitting waiting for its turn.

Attachments

• IMG_1233.jpg
    22.6 KB · Views: 280
Turbofreek,

Nice elbow. Looks pricey, I like how you are able to squeeze it under the stock hood.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Turbofreek,

Nice elbow. Looks pricey, I like how you are able to squeeze it under the stock hood.

Regards,

Joe Dokes
I think its 500 from jakesperformance fab. I figure i either spend it on the little extra for the elbow or an entire hood. I chose the elbow of course.

I am sure with my intake and the billet elbow I would be still touching the hood. By flipping the throttle body I think it may fit under my hood scoop that is off the car in that pic. If not found the same scoop that is taller on that hood or I have another hood and will just cut around the throttle body and pipe coming up kinda like how the murder nova is.

I am sure with my intake and the billet elbow I would be still touching the hood. By flipping the throttle body I think it may fit under my hood scoop that is off the car in that pic. If not found the same scoop that is taller on that hood or I have another hood and will just cut around the throttle body and pipe coming up kinda like how the murder nova is.

Yes im still milling the intake down another inch from the short version to fit. I have to have it opened up to 4500 anyways so gonna shorten it as well to as i am.

-
Back