Time For a rebuild

-
Keep it up. I know the feeling on the "snow" day. Ive had a couple days recently where about the time I finally get set to work... I break a tool, realize I overlooked a detail and need a ________, or the wife changes my plans...

Do what ya can when ya can, those headers are lookin good.

JOE

Had another decent day in the garage today, made more progress. I can get to all the bolt holes and the steering still turns. I am hopping that I can get out side again on monday and get the one side finished.

Attachments

• IMG_0737.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 799
  • IMG_0744.jpg
    67.2 KB · Views: 835
  • IMG_0743.jpg
    83.9 KB · Views: 779
  • IMG_0742.jpg
    75.2 KB · Views: 807
  • IMG_0741.jpg
    96.5 KB · Views: 804
  • IMG_0740.jpg
    81.2 KB · Views: 791
  • IMG_0739.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 780
  • IMG_0738.jpg
    74.6 KB · Views: 815
I admire anyone that has the patience to fab up headers in these situations.

My workshop has the same issue with my drivers side - I just stand back and applaud!:prayer:

:prayer:

I get dizzy just looking at the header tubes. Guess my career as a custom exhaust fabricator is severely limited.

Keep the posts coming, its nice to see the progress.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Well I have had some time to get out and get the drivers side header done. I ended up changing it some from the original design as it made it easier to get the pipes to where I needed them to go. I have probably 30 hrs into this side and its not quite finished as I have ordered merge collectors form cone engineering with center bullets. I am sure I will need to make some adjustments to fit the bullets in to the centers.

Attachments

• IMG_0756.jpg
    65.7 KB · Views: 756
  • IMG_0755.jpg
    78.2 KB · Views: 753
  • IMG_0753.JPG
    187.4 KB · Views: 745
  • IMG_0751.jpg
    90 KB · Views: 757
  • IMG_0749.jpg
    93.6 KB · Views: 776
  • IMG_0754.jpg
    75.3 KB · Views: 749
  • IMG_0752.jpg
    70.7 KB · Views: 776
I share your pain !

Not my work....and nowhere near your league btw....

........but here's the fabrication job my shop had to undertake...

Point is ........It amazes me how similar the issues are...whether the cars are
Left or right steer.....

D1224052-1AEC-4DE8-AC3D-F1D5F20E7DDC-126-0000000AB8A5B766_zps656c6deb.jpg

Well last week my merge collectors and center bullets came in, did not have much time last week but was able to put the collector on for a pic and try it in the car to see if it fits. The center bullets are a do it your self setup and come with a jig. Was hoping to get out into the garage this weekend, but on Wednesday it started to snow, and it finally stopped this morning. Took a pic of my old Buick sitting in the yard and before it snowed I could see the top of the tires coming out of the snow we already had from this year. With all this snow the old snowmobile was asking to go for a ride so who am I to say no. So after plowing snow it was time to go for a ride so Saturday ended up being a write off. So today I was able to get out and start on the passenger side header. Day went ok had to redo the #4 pipe as the one from S&P was beat to crap and did not fit very well, and shaped the rest of the pipes to the flange.

Attachments

• IMG_0796.jpg
    88.5 KB · Views: 748
  • IMG_0795.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 733
  • IMG_0794.jpg
    82.7 KB · Views: 715
  • IMG_0762.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 742
  • IMG_0761.jpg
    61.1 KB · Views: 721
  • IMG_0763.jpg
    66.1 KB · Views: 728
  • IMG_0760.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 726
Looks great!!! I am impressed!!!

Those center bullets sure are difficult! Next set I make will be leaving those out and just pinching the collectors to a center point.

Keep the pictures coming!

Always wondered how they welded up the center bullets. Looks good. Keep up the good work.

Regards,

Joe Dokes

Thanks for all the positive words guys, it just gives me more drive to get out and work on the car. We have been getting pounded with snow again, but I plan on getting out on Saturday and plugging away. I have started to look for a engine shop that has experience with these new Hemi's. I was talking to Arrington engines about a year ago and suddenly the e-mails just stopped from them, but I did get a pm from Don from Arrington when I posted on lxforums about an engine builder. I may call them again, but can anyone here suggest a shop that has experience with these engines?

Trevor

I would suggest looking up the different vendors on Lxforums. Maybe even post in the Canada section and see who they say to go with.

Finally got out today and was able to get a good push in the car today (10.5 hours). I was able to get the other side header tacked up and ready for welding. I have a few little things to do and the car will be going back to Nolan's so he can tig the headers and we can and do all the plumbing for the turbos, install window net and since I have ordered the 9" center section we will probably do the rear end also. I know I know putting in a ford rear end in a mopar, shame on me, but the 8 3/4 won't handle the power I plan to make. It should be interesting as I am going form 4.88 gear in the 8 3/4 to 3.25 in the 9". Here are the pics of the headers.

Attachments

• IMG_0852.jpg
    75.9 KB · Views: 657
  • IMG_0854.jpg
    63.2 KB · Views: 656
  • IMG_0853.jpg
    74.3 KB · Views: 655
  • IMG_0855.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 646
Those Headers look awesome! Nice work. Can't wait to see 'em welded up!

As I previously wrote in my thread I ordered my 9" center, it sure did not take strange to long, it took 5 days for them to build it. They shipped it on tuesday and friday it was in my hands. Its the pro iron center, 325 gear, and 35 spline spool.
I also had the headers tacked up and ready for finish welding, but after building the passanger side I was not totally happy with the drivers side. In true hotrod fashion i had some of the tacks cut and it was apart. So yesterday I went out around noon and by 10 that night I had the header re done and I think it looks better and it also fits way better. The first pic has the old driver side header on the right and the second pic is the new drivers side header, and the new 9" center.

Attachments

• IMG_0855.jpg
    89.4 KB · Views: 612
  • IMG_0903 (2).jpg
    78.1 KB · Views: 642
  • IMG_0894.jpg
    94.4 KB · Views: 619
So 7 weeks ago I ordered my TTI oil filter block off plate for the remote oil system, amd to save on shipping I told them to put it in a envelope and just mail it. After 5 weeks nothing, I called TTI and talked to the person I ordered it from and found out that they got my postal code wrong when shipped. They were going to send me another one no question asked. I said we can wait to see if it shows up. Well yesterday it was in the mail ox when I went to get the mail. I was very impressed with TTI and the service and support they had given me. Just thought I would share my good experience.

Well it has been a long time since I have posted on my build so figured it was time for a update. Well I was working on the back side of the car I noticed that the some welds on the spring hangers where the springs were relocated to were cracking, I have never liked how the frame was pie cut to put the front hangers in on the relocation. After pricing out the caltrac and mono leafs and all the work required to fix the cracking and shitty work done by someone that owned the car before me I decided to do ladder bars when putting the 9" in. I was going to get my friend that did the cage to do it but he was busy with other customers cars so I took the car to the Stormy's street rods. I have seen some pretty wild cars come out of that shop from street rods to to tube chassis cars that run 7 and quicker. I dropped the car off and in just under 4 weeks it was finished, all the old crap was removed and frame was boxed where the hangers were, frame reinforced. I took a few pics but will get more later.

Trevor

Well i said I would put up some pics of the new rear suspension and I am finally doing it. I have also decided to use a different intake as there was way to much tubing at the front of the engine with the standard 6.1 intake. I am going with the muscle motors intake and a Wilson Manifold elbow. And someone is getting as excited as I am as the next step is putting the turbo's in and getting all the piping figured out.

Attachments

• IMG_1037.jpg
    53.6 KB · Views: 530
  • IMG_1051.jpg
    33.5 KB · Views: 514
  • IMG_1097.jpg
    45.6 KB · Views: 528
  • IMG_1096.jpg
    48 KB · Views: 520
  • IMG_1047.jpg
    54.5 KB · Views: 546
  • IMG_1046.jpg
    53.1 KB · Views: 512
Not to much I can say that already hasn't been said about your craftsman ship. She is going to make some serious power from the size of those turbos. Keep up the awsome work.

Aj

Well I have not done a lot to the car this summer but work has started again. Headers have been welded up but we only tacked them at the flange as we wanted to do a trial fit as I was worried the pipes may move a little from the welding and they did. Luckily we can cut the tack at the flange and move the pipes away from the block slightly. I also received my intake from Muscle Motors and put it on to see how it fit and how bit of a scoop will be needed and to get ready to finally do the turbo kit. I had the afternoon free yesterday and decided to get some work done, first i thought lets see what I need to do to mount the fuel rails. Pulled the injectors off the factory intake to use to make sure the rail was in the correct position, go and put the injectors in the rail and they fit nice and snug like they should. Go to put the rail/injectors on the intake and the injectors fall in the injector bore, they drilled the holes to big.... Crap.... Called Muscle motors and Mike said send the intake back and they will make it right. Since that was a bust I decided to do the brake lines to the new 9" and rear disc brakes. Came up with a plan and started the lines. Here are a few pics of the intake on the engine with the elbow and throttle body. I also have a 4" 90 degree pipe to figure out how I want to run the cold side of the turbo kit.

Attachments

• small_IMG_1160.jpg
    110.4 KB · Views: 413
  • small_IMG_1231.jpg
    79 KB · Views: 390
  • small_IMG_1229.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 412
  • small_IMG_1228.jpg
    116.4 KB · Views: 422
  • small_IMG_1218.jpg
    125.2 KB · Views: 414
  • small_IMG_1179.jpg
    152 KB · Views: 437
  • small_IMG_1177.jpg
    136.5 KB · Views: 420
  • small_IMG_1232.jpg
    104.1 KB · Views: 424
Muscle motors makes a tall and short version, I went with the short. It's about 4 inches above the hood. I am probably going with a cowl hood. I know ford rear end Chevy hood scoop. Intercooler will be inside the car so if the turn going under the intake is to tight we will be running the elbow towards the fire wall and notching the fire wall for clearance.

-
Back