Time to get started.

-
Nice, I never would have thought about using a grill for stuff like that. Looks good Mike.

They are cooling down now C_stripes I shut the grill off about an hour ago and the temp in the grill still show's 190 F. I am going to wire brush them down and wash them down with denatured alcohol and put the good stuff on :-D I did this to a set of 340 manifolds and they stayed looking good :-D

After a good wash down with thinner and some wire brushing then a shower of denatured alcohol
I finally got the engine 500 f. paint off :cheers:
Now they have the VHT Flame proof 2k f. paint on and ready for installation

Know where is my Assie Gasket 66aCUDA :-D

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 138.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 143.jpg

JEEP FRESH AIR 1993 4.0 148.jpg

Nice job on the exhaust MeMike,they,ll last and look good forever Bud!Low-Deck 170 coming along!Are you going duals of 2 into 1?Whichever,she,ll still rumble the Hill Mike!8)Keep up the good work,piece by piece she,s coming together nice.,by spring she,ll be stout.:cheers::headbang::burnout:

Nice job on the exhaust MeMike,they,ll last and look good forever Bud!Low-Deck 170 coming along!Are you going duals of 2 into 1?Whichever,she,ll still rumble the Hill Mike!8)Keep up the good work,piece by piece she,s coming together nice.,by spring she,ll be stout.:cheers::headbang::burnout:

Thank you petty :cheers: Yes 2 in to 1 :cheers: going for a good low Deck Hummmmmmm 8) I am hopping to get the intake / exhaust buttoned up and the carb on by next week end.

Ya know I will have to fire it up for a few seconds before the pipes are installed =P~ I might even have a short video of the first start up :-D

Hey Mike, Great ideas on the Jeep airbox and a new use for the grill. I must have missed the post about your exhaust manifolds, where can I get some of those? Does the heat riser for the stock intake still work? Keep up the good work.
Bob

Hey Mike, Great ideas on the Jeep airbox and a new use for the grill. I must have missed the post about your exhaust manifolds, where can I get some of those? Does the heat riser for the stock intake still work? Keep up the good work.
Bob

Our great Moderator here waggin made these up for me and yes the heat riser can still work :cheers:, But I am going with an electric choke on my 390 Holley as you may know they do not make headers for the low deck 170/ because it is one inch shorter block, It's a low deck engine and / headers hit the water pump and more. Thank you on the breather box, I am very happy with the transplant from a 4.0 Jeep.

snowmanpoop%2527stoomuch.JPG

Speep%20057.jpg

To begin this up date :happy10: Thank you 66aCUDA 8)
It was nice enough out side to get back to Victoria
Sized up and sealed carb base and prep for final run at installing my system.
A day with sun shine :sunny: And :eek:ccasion: Of this little at a time restoration.. :-k Or would it be more like modifications thread :toothy10:

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 045.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 047.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 048.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 049.jpg

Know over to prep for carb and adapter base :-k
Try tuning an engine with a vacuum leak :toothy10:
One step at at time with :sunny: some :rock: and a wobbly pop or three 8)

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 053.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 054.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 055.jpg

I have a very small fuel cell :-k and a pump up sprayer :idea1:
Time to bench check the 390 Holley double pump and fuel line :drinkers:

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 057.jpg

One more thing 8) I changed my mind on the black exhaust :dontknow: :drinkers:

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 059.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 060.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 058.jpg

Them pieces is perrrty!! Nice looking car too.
I am happy with the way the build is going 4spdcuda66 8) Thank you

Slow and steady as she goes Mike.looking good,nice day too,ya lucky buggar.8)
Yep 8) and it's about time :cheers:
Thank you bud :drinkers: and :rock:+ sun shine at 33 F. sure made for a good day :cheers:

Anyone need a stencil of a slant 6 intake /exhaust gasket :toothy7: :drinkers:

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 051.jpg

warmed up painted then baked to 300 F. back out to cool and then a heavy coat and back in the grill to 300 F. again The paint is VHT 2000 temp paint.
Thank you 64dart170 :cheers: I am happy with them to, you can go back one page and see how I cooked all the paint off the first time :happy10:
It all seemed to work really good. :cheers:

degrease and cleaned nut's, bolts and washers for a light coat of paint
and ran the treads "cleaned" on the head today :cheers:

And sealed up the air horn and let it set up for a couple days 8)

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 065.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG 070.jpg

GEORGE RAYS GONE TO BE  STRONG.jpg

I did these yesterday and they are ready to hit the 170/ 8)
I scuffed them down again with denatured alcohol then warmed them up to 80 degrees and then started coating them, when I was happy with them I put them back in the grill to 150 degrees for about 20 minutes
I wish I would have dun this Sunday because it was nice outside Monday :angry7: The temp's made it to 50 F. and I could have installed the intake /exhaust manifolds yesterday 8) But hay :-D Today is another day
just up to 40 F. winds out of the east.
I should get the system installed today :cheers:

CREEDS DRUMM CASES 078.jpg

CREEDS DRUMM CASES 081.jpg

CREEDS DRUMM CASES 083.jpg

Looking good memike! :cheers: The bows are a nice touch. 8)

Looks like you have some nice weather there. We are supposed to have a beautiful day here.:-D

I will work on my trim some more today(redo it) and finish some metal work.

If my oldest son reads this thread I want to say something to him here I would think he already should know 8)

Call me before you need us to watch Masy :angry7: I had all the widows open and getting some fresh air in the house and had a good beer buzz going as they drove up the drive way :-D Just because you call your mom don't mean she will call me " she did not" Ok rant is over :toothy10:

If my oldest son reads this thread I want to say something to him here I would think he already should know 8)

Call me before you need us to watch Masy :angry7: I had all the widows open and getting some fresh air in the house and had a good beer buzz going as they drove up the drive way :-D Just because you call your mom don't mean she will call me " she did not" Ok rant is over :toothy10:

LOL:-D

You tell em memike. 8)
I know how much joy she brings to you. She is precious. :love7:

LOL:-D

You tell em memike. 8)
I know how much joy she brings to you. She is precious. :love7:
I sure do bud :cheers: But not with all my parts " washers bolt's and nut " laying on a tray drying with warm fresh red paint on them and two or three beers in me, OK 4 :-D and of coarse the nasty ashtray :bootysha: and all of this at her eye level and reach, I scrambled to put the parts painted up higher and shut the window and doors 8) My daughter in law ask what was I doing and I said I just ran two girls off as they was coming up the drive way and ask her if she could smell pot :toothy10::toothy7: She gave me one of those YEEEAA, What ever ok smile looks :-D:tongue:
:-D:-D:wave:

-
Back