Time to get started.

-
That old box puked all over your inner fender didn't it memike?? I've got ya something you can do this winter if ya get bored, started Victoria a little E-brake care package....

I guess I should make a plate now, since I painted my bay last winter!!!!

Well the leaves are falling and I just have to say a few thing this morning
I enjoyed 3 car show's this year and a few Sundays at George Rays drag strip and many trips to Black river and one to Small Blocks this year :happy10:
She has over 62.000 miles on her know and I drive here every where I go 8)

Thank you FABO member's, she has filled my days with so much joy and there will be so much more to come.
Just wanted to share our Cottage "home" on the hill :happy10:
As you can see I believe less is more 8)

Attachments

• kennies camera $##$ 148.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 397
  • kennies camera $##$ 081.jpg
    128.8 KB · Views: 400
Yes it is :-D
I have a few cups collected just for the trip down the hill flyboy01. :-D

Attachments

• kennies camera $##$ 149.jpg
    148.6 KB · Views: 401
My new parts came in 8),
Replacing the original point's coil with a plaster 2 electronic coil.
Replacing ECU with a better one that will not puck all over my inner fender, This time I am making a aluminum plate it will sit on.:happy10:
Replacing the plugs that came with Victoria made for points.8)
And a gift from a Super member here StrokerScamp to spin my Holley so the primaries are facing the engine :-D:-D, I have all my brothers showing up for our first family reunion this Strong end :cheers: so if you see me gone most of the Strong end I am entertaining and managing my first family reunion :cheers:

ps. I could not have dun this with out the help of my family here at fabo to keep me straight on what parts to use 8) and the gift from SS man StrokerScamp :cheers:

Attachments

• Picture 087.jpg
    70.9 KB · Views: 363
nice. looks like you have a few projects to keep you busy. dont forget to post pictures of the progress.
You can count on that slantscamp :happy10: I am going to mount my coil on the inner fender next to my distributor and get it off the engine like I have seen other /6 member do. :happy10:

nice. looks like you have a few projects to keep you busy. dont forget to post pictures of the progress.

Well here it is the 27th of January in northeast Arkansas and enjoyed the weather and drilled, taped and set my MoPar system on the inner fender and off the engine
This is ruffed in and can be removed to paint the engine bay :thumleft:
I can now have the aluminum plate brushed or polished up to look nice and just reattach it back after painted.

I need to find a MoPar decal for the coil strap :thumleft:

One thing at a time, and staying all MoPar in case of need, hell you can find these parts anywhere :toothy2:
Replacing plugs and plug wires tomorrow :toothy2:
*** you can see I am a shade tree mechanic :smile:
I am so glad to finely replace the point system coil, it was "original" and go to the correct plugs tomorrow :thumleft:

All hid under the hood ;-)

Attachments

• Picture 222 005.jpg
    93.7 KB · Views: 327
  • Picture 222 004.jpg
    117.5 KB · Views: 321
I know it is not pretty, But this is what I had to get my coil off the hot engine and up grade to a electronic coil that Napa said is equal to a plaster coil "made in the usa.
It removes easy and I can have it brushed or polished and smoothed up.
Un bolt it and paint the engine bay when I put my new big valve head on.

Do I need to put a rubber isolator for vibration the inner fender might have on it ?
Or is it fine the way it is, Just wondering.

This is why the aluminum plate, I don't want this problem after the engine bay is painted.

Attachments

• JEEP%20FRESH%20AIR%201993%204_0%20036.jpg
    144 KB · Views: 312
now that Ive seen that pic again......the correct 4-prong, transistorized, ballast resistor would help prevent that mess again.....Autozone sells them for $5.99 just ask for one from anything from the electronic ignition 'era' and spend some time wiring it in. I will see if I dont have the wiring diagram.

now that Ive seen that pic again......the correct 4-prong, transistorized, ballast resistor would help prevent that mess again.....Autozone sells them for $5.99 just ask for one from anything from the electronic ignition 'era' and spend some time wiring it in. I will see if I dont have the wiring diagram.

Thank you, I am always ready to learn :thumleft:

Did the plugs today :cheers: As I was directed to do to the 66 model head remove the washers and set at .35 for this system, took her for a spin and she feels stronger and hit 4800 rpm quicker, Tires spinning all the way in first and had to shift :burnout: I was amazed.:tongue9:

Drool tubs style head and some one did not remove the washer on the last plug change was dun, the tip's are brown as you can see, these plugs have been in the 170/ for over 9 k miles I don't remember if I did it :cheese: or RaySandy did before I got her

Attachments

• Picture 222 009.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 498
  • Picture 222 011.jpg
    79.5 KB · Views: 505
  • Picture 222.jpg
    52.3 KB · Views: 495
Great job memike:thumleft::thumleft::thumleft: I just spent the last 2 hours reading your whole thread from start to finnish, and I must say, I am impressed to say the least;-):love10::happy2:

P.S. You roasted those tires good:violent2: Does it still have the 7 1/4 rear in it?

Great job memike:thumleft::thumleft::thumleft: I just spent the last 2 hours reading your whole thread from start to finnish, and I must say, I am impressed to say the least;-):love10::happy2:

P.S. You roasted those tires good:violent2: Does it still have the 7 1/4 rear in it?
Yes she does, I don't hit her hard like that very often maybe 6 times, but yesterday I did and if I stayed in it she hit 5k and stayed there in first gear, jumped to second and she sure pulled hard :happy2::happy2:
What a difference it made :happy2: Just putting the correct coil and plugs in that little 170/ :thumleft: keeping her light and she has 62.000 miles on her know 67valiant. Time for another Video to prove what this has dun to Victoria :thumleft: I will not ever power brake her and smoke the tires :toothy2: to hard on the 7 1/4, But I am sure she smoked them yesterday with no passenger. Oh Yea I was tickled after my test run :happy2: Thank you 67valiant, I am really proud of the way my idea came to reality when the fresh air breather went in that came out of a 4.0 93 Jeep.

some before and after update pictures ;-)

Attachments

• kennies%20camera%20$##$%20148.jpg
    125.9 KB · Views: 480
  • Tim%20Morlin%20Visit%207%2022%202010%20011.jpg
    122.3 KB · Views: 482
  • June%20third%202010%20helping%20Creed%20Clean%20My%20Closet%20area%20OUT!%20010.jpg
    117.9 KB · Views: 481
  • 69818_168407529841268_100000160677390_581069_625332_n.jpg
    135.2 KB · Views: 478
  • Victoria's build pictures.jpg
    47.3 KB · Views: 497
  • Challenger%20IN%20NASCAR%20Cup%20race%20017.jpg
    169 KB · Views: 491
  • 66%20day%20after%20003.jpg
    151.2 KB · Views: 488
Looks like you have been keeping busy my friend. :thumleft: Hope all is well with you. I have been busy with my new pal Chase and haven't been on FABO much at all.:eek:fftheai: Him and putting my engine back together and a few other chores have been keeping me busy.

Looks like you have been keeping busy my friend. :thumleft: Hope all is well with you. I have been busy with my new pal Chase and haven't been on FABO much at all.:eek:fftheai: Him and putting my engine back together and a few other chores have been keeping me busy.
I bet you enjoy Chase and his playful moments homecloned and it is often to I bet :iconbigg:, It's good to see you back and I hope you get your engine back together and running smooth again soon Noel, The weather has been good for the last couple days and I took advantage and got this dun before another cold front gets here.

I took some advice from ramcharger and StrokerScamp and raised my ECU up to keep cool and a pair od shock absorbers to do booth jobs yesterday
I don't know what I would do with out Buddy homecloned, I love him to :grommit:

Attachments

• Picture 222 012.jpg
    61.6 KB · Views: 473
Well it was a 64 degree day here on the hill so I made one change on my fresh air supply to my carb. I will give her a well needed path today when it warms up and I get moving good.
I finely rehung my cassette player for some tunes , Am has been nice to have but it was time for some selection again.
I will try and post pictures of my grounding strap on my fuel line, my gas gage quit working so I am hopping it's just not grounding :thumblef:
I will run in town and see if I can find me a 90 degree fuel line supply to hook to the fuel line at the filter, help shield it away from my # 2 exhaust port.
Yall have a great day out there in FABO land :thumblef: as you can see I have been keeping her on the road when I need to get out.

Attachments

• Picture 222 090.jpg
    63.6 KB · Views: 430
  • Picture 222 092.jpg
    104.7 KB · Views: 452
  • Picture 222 093.jpg
    59.1 KB · Views: 440
  • Picture 222 094.jpg
    98.5 KB · Views: 450
Know to get the PB Blaster and do some cleaning.
I hope this is the problem :thumblef: I will get my continuity tester on it and make sure after I sand the fuel line and get this bras strap cleaned up and put back on.

Attachments

• Picture 222 102.jpg
    72.3 KB · Views: 442
Update on my new part addition restoration thread \\:D/
It's a 100% pure EV-8 grade stainless steel.
OVERSIZE of 1.70" and 1.44". Standard stem diameter for stock or aftermarket 3/8ths guides, stock OAL. Stems are hard chrome plated, these feature a 55Rc hardened wafer tippet, and accept the stock valve locks and retainers.
Thank you 66aCUDA for using the barter system and building my new head that my 170 low deck /6 will enjoy . nothing like having a new and better head ready to go.

Attachments

• Picture 222 122.jpg
    93.3 KB · Views: 431
  • Picture 222 123.jpg
    88.8 KB · Views: 412
  • Picture 222 124.jpg
    113.8 KB · Views: 424
Nice
icon14.gif

Dang Mike. That head looks awsome. I am hopeing to get one by the end of the year, but I need to get the body done first. You are doing an awsome job on Victoria.

-
Back